Hi All First Solo Grow, Looking for Advice/Comments

• Thread starter CryptoKnight
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CryptoKnight

Hey all, so I say this is my first solo grow as growing up in California in the 1990s I've been exposed to and assisted others with extensive grows from high yield indoor to outdoor fields in Mendocino County. So I've been exposed to growing for many years and lucky enough to learn techniques from some of the best in the industry. But this is my first time going it solo on my own, yeah after 25+ years lol.

My pics are at Day 19 of flowering, almost entering Week 3. Looking for criticism, critique or any pointers experts may have..

Ok, so my girlfriend and I recently relocated to Central America where we live in a Cloud Forest on the side of a Volcano at 4400fl ft. Altitude, living thr dream Mining Crypto Currency, and Growing. We are equatorial and our humidity ranges 70%-85% and daytime Temps 72-85 F, nighttime 58-65 F, basically all year round with minor deviation. Not ideal for outdoor unfortunately or atleast I haven't found a good strain as of yet for outdoor here due to 12/12 light cycle all year long and then there's the Cloud Forest Aspect and Temps.

So needless to say I'm running indoor but luckily we have a 1900sqft workshop which I'm converting. Currently my setup is in an enclosed room of my workshop call it 10x8 roughly. I run my light cycle at night in order to counter the low evening Temps and keeps the room a consistent 74-82 F give or take. Also running a dehumidifier at 50% humidity, will bump to 45% week 5. My dark cycles daytime Temps may peak at 86F due to metal roof but stay low 80s mostly.

Here is my setup
Growing: Bruce Banner, GSC, Gold Leaf & Gorilla Glue
Lights: 1 HLG 550 RSPEC (TOP LIGHT) 1 Sunraise S1000 Bloom LED (Sidelight) 1 30 Watt Craftsman Utility LED 4000K Under Foliage Side Light.

Soil: Local Volcanic Soil (Literally From the Ground) was a previous garden and had a Chicken Coup for 10yrs prior over it. Worked so far lol...

CO2: I'm using Carbon 5 Sugars & Champagne Yeast in 5 Gal Buckets, not monitoring just changing about every 10days.

Nutrients: Veg Started with Local Sourced Organic Fertilizers & Rabbit Tea, Humic Acid, Magnesium, Cal-Boron.

Flowering Nutes: (Made my own Fermintation) week 1-3 (Apple Cider Vinegar, Bone Meal, Dried Powdered Bananna Peals, Hardwood Ash, Epson Salt & Molasses) in addition to Magnesium, Cal-Boron.

Now entering Week 3 Flowering Vegamatrix Big & Sticky PK Booster, Humboldt Farms Sweet & Sticky Sucrose, Cal-Boron & Magnesium. I'm also using PH Master once a week to stabilize PH Level, but not testing levels, unfortunately still need a tester. (It's on order) I'm also not testing any PPM or nuts levels, just using the slow and steady method and watching plants for indicators.

My trim technique: I've topped & lollipoped the plants from late veg, continued minor defoliation until week 3 of flowering, was going to SCROG but the damn Bruce Banner & Gold Leaf went "Ape" on me and shot up. GSC & Gorilla obviously don't stretch as much. Was thinking of LST but probably just let this run ride since already in week 3. I just adjust plant height as needed.

My bud sites look good nice full canopy, development seems on par with phase. One note I'm not noticing much "Smell" yet but only week 3 and up close they smell and if a little squeeze fingers Sticky and Stinky. But just looking at the current development I'd think they should smell a bit more, (Maybe Temps) ? Also my Bruce Banner which is closest to the light has started major Praying 🙏 to the light gods, but it's a damn vigorous plant, healthy and leaves look good, but wondering if I should raise light and shorter plants anyways to prevent future light stress preemptively ?

Anyways here are the PICS anything you notice or recommendations on my strains, feeding, harvesting etc advice much appreciated!!
20220318 070536

20220318 070544
20220318 070525
20220318 070551
20220318 070619
20220318 070558
20220318 070607
20220318 070619

20220318 070536
C

CryptoKnight

I want to see the solo cup... 😉
Lol, like the little red sprouting cups or the 🏆 championship contest lol 😆

I sprout in gallon pots as I only like to transplant 1 time, then use circle of moisture method.

Per Solo Cup Contest, I'm game but on my next run as I'm running Mimosa EVO, Mimosa-Orange, DoSiDo33, Shishkaberry, CafeRacer, and Biscotti on the next crop. Also will be expanding into a larger room under HLG Scorpion Diablos 😉 with 4 sided bloom boost lighting in flowering. Plus will be more regimented in my trim & LST next time, as well as testing levels PH & PPM.

You'd laugh if you saw how this run started out under liter Canada dry bottles in sun then to household flourescents in a closet. I threw this whole grow together very hastily due to excitement of being here and ready to start farming, in hindsight preparation was lacking 🤣🤣🤣