Hi all new grower here just want to show y'all my plants

• Thread starter The_Nam_Show
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The_Nam_Show

The_Nam_Show

Hell everyone.

New cultivator but long time enthusiast of all things marijuana.

Just right before the flu lock down happen I decided to get into marijuana cultivation since my industry got destroyed by the virus. I work in live entertainment production. (video, lighting, staging, sfx, and all the fun stuff). Everything practically came to a halt and now I have all the time in the world to embrace the process of cultivation. Fortunately a buddy of mine gave me 9 clones in rockwool of TGA Jack the Ripper. Immediately upon receiving the clones I did thorough research on the strain and how it came to be and its environment and tolerances. I've always been acquainted with nutrient products and grow equipment due to have worked some of Advanced Nutrients parties setting the production equipment and seeing all the types of people it brought together. So everything has been coming to me fairly naturally. Attached are some pics of how they look today.

Received clones on 3/20/20 in Rock Wool. They were probably 1.5 weeks since they been cut.

Transplanted to red solo cups after another week in rock wool.

Transplanted to 3 gallon fabric pots during week 4 and began LST

Currently approaching week 8 since I received the clones.

I will be transplanting to 5 gallon fabrics this Sunday and vegging 1 more week with LST adjustment everyone morning before flipping them to flower the following Sunday with the Trellis going in about half way thru the week one some of the smaller baby nodes catch up. I have been manipulating the growth by rotating pot position in relation to the tent and individual pot 360 degree positioning based on the best angle for optimal penetration. This also changes when I re-adjust the LST position. I have not topped any of the plants since I read Subcools Notes saying its best not to top them and let them bush out. I have done 4 rounds of defoliation.

Soil has been Fox Farm Ocean Forest all the thru since Solo Cups
Lights have been:
T5 Fluorescent in rockwool under dome and in solo cups

Viparspectra 1350 LED and Viparspectra 600 LED (12-band with IR)
For remaining time in Solo cups until they were almost root bound and formed a nice ball.

4 weeks in 3 Gallon Pots under this light setup

I just picked up (2) 315watt Nanolux CMH units off ebay for a deal one has a 4200k lamp and one has a 3100k lamp.
At first I want to match them up but I ended up cross shooting along with using the LED's at 50% power with all 12-bands on and I was able to get fairly uniform coverage to all the plants with all 2 types of fixtures covering 3 different summed spectrums of light producing something around the 7000 kelvin range across the canopy with the edges fairing in the warmer 3100k-4200k since the CMH hoods cover the outter most perimeters. I will probably stick with this same setup for flowering but widen the coverage area by maxing out the height on all the fixtures. Hopefully Gorilla gets those 1ft extensions back in stock because I am going to need them.

My nutes list:
Clone X at until week 1 in solo cup (went full strength stunted growth with some burn and transplant shock probably lost a week of growth from it)
Sensi Grow solo cup until 3 gallon transplant
Now since transplant i've been experimenting with all types of mixtures and strengths using all types of stuff from AN and Fox Farm.

Grow tent is a 4ft x 8ft x 6.5ft in a dedicated room. I am in Southern CA. At start of grow Temps were average between 73-78f now I am averaging 80-84 with highs of 89-90 in the tent. Obviously these numbers are without any averaging the 3 i have spread out in the environment and accounting placement. I am running (1) Exhale bag for c02 and I am also passive venting. The room the tent is about 4-6 degrees cooler than the tent environment. Humidity during lights on is 40-60% relative to light intensity and incoming cool air, currently using (2) AC infinity Fans (high/low) 1/3 power on intake drawing air from the exterior environment of the tent.

I have no prior experience growing cannabis so I have no point of reference of good or bad, or I have I have stunted growth. The internet has so many contradictory experiences, advice, and tips that I find it better to not believe there is some set right way or schedule to feed your plants. It's kind of just been a random hodgepodge of me trying different things so far. The plants seem healthy. Since I am approaching flowering if any one anty advice or recommendations for what else I should be looking out for, doing, or not doing based on the pictures I have attached and what I have just typed out. Any type of feedback is appreciated. My current ponder is I think I am cutting close on tent height and waiting another week to VEG, but I think I can rectify it with some more LST the big hurdle is if the tent extension comes back in stock and I want to extend it during flower with the scrog below me is high risk work since I will be taking apart of tent structural integrity for a brief moment.

Hi all new grower here just want to show yall my plants
Hi all new grower here just want to show yall my plants 2
Hi all new grower here just want to show yall my plants 3
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hell everyone.

New cultivator but long time enthusiast of all things marijuana.

Just right before the flu lock down happen I decided to get into marijuana cultivation since my industry got destroyed by the virus. I work in live entertainment production. (video, lighting, staging, sfx, and all the fun stuff). Everything practically came to a halt and now I have all the time in the world to embrace the process of cultivation. Fortunately a buddy of mine gave me 9 clones in rockwool of TGA Jack the Ripper. Immediately upon receiving the clones I did thorough research on the strain and how it came to be and its environment and tolerances. I've always been acquainted with nutrient products and grow equipment due to have worked some of Advanced Nutrients parties setting the production equipment and seeing all the types of people it brought together. So everything has been coming to me fairly naturally. Attached are some pics of how they look today.

Received clones on 3/20/20 in Rock Wool. They were probably 1.5 weeks since they been cut.

Transplanted to red solo cups after another week in rock wool.

Transplanted to 3 gallon fabric pots during week 4 and began LST

Currently approaching week 8 since I received the clones.

I will be transplanting to 5 gallon fabrics this Sunday and vegging 1 more week with LST adjustment everyone morning before flipping them to flower the following Sunday with the Trellis going in about half way thru the week one some of the smaller baby nodes catch up. I have been manipulating the growth by rotating pot position in relation to the tent and individual pot 360 degree positioning based on the best angle for optimal penetration. This also changes when I re-adjust the LST position. I have not topped any of the plants since I read Subcools Notes saying its best not to top them and let them bush out. I have done 4 rounds of defoliation.

Soil has been Fox Farm Ocean Forest all the thru since Solo Cups
Lights have been:
T5 Fluorescent in rockwool under dome and in solo cups

For remaining time in Solo cups until they were almost root bound and formed a nice ball.

4 weeks in 3 Gallon Pots under this light setup

I just picked up (2) 315watt Nanolux CMH units off ebay for a deal one has a 4200k lamp and one has a 3100k lamp.
At first I want to match them up but I ended up cross shooting along with using the LED's at 50% power with all 12-bands on and I was able to get fairly uniform coverage to all the plants with all 2 types of fixtures covering 3 different summed spectrums of light producing something around the 7000 kelvin range across the canopy with the edges fairing in the warmer 3100k-4200k since the CMH hoods cover the outter most perimeters. I will probably stick with this same setup for flowering but widen the coverage area by maxing out the height on all the fixtures. Hopefully Gorilla gets those 1ft extensions back in stock because I am going to need them.

My nutes list:
Clone X at until week 1 in solo cup (went full strength stunted growth with some burn and transplant shock probably lost a week of growth from it)
Sensi Grow solo cup until 3 gallon transplant
Now since transplant i've been experimenting with all types of mixtures and strengths using all types of stuff from AN and Fox Farm.

Grow tent is a 4ft x 8ft x 6.5ft in a dedicated room. I am in Southern CA. At start of grow Temps were average between 73-78f now I am averaging 80-84 with highs of 89-90 in the tent. Obviously these numbers are without any averaging the 3 i have spread out in the environment and accounting placement. I am running (1) Exhale bag for c02 and I am also passive venting. The room the tent is about 4-6 degrees cooler than the tent environment. Humidity during lights on is 40-60% relative to light intensity and incoming cool air, currently using (2) AC infinity Fans (high/low) 1/3 power on intake drawing air from the exterior environment of the tent.

I have no prior experience growing cannabis so I have no point of reference of good or bad, or I have I have stunted growth. The internet has so many contradictory experiences, advice, and tips that I find it better to not believe there is some set right way or schedule to feed your plants. It's kind of just been a random hodgepodge of me trying different things so far. The plants seem healthy. Since I am approaching flowering if any one anty advice or recommendations for what else I should be looking out for, doing, or not doing based on the pictures I have attached and what I have just typed out. Any type of feedback is appreciated. My current ponder is I think I am cutting close on tent height and waiting another week to VEG, but I think I can rectify it with some more LST the big hurdle is if the tent extension comes back in stock and I want to extend it during flower with the scrog below me is high risk work since I will be taking apart of tent structural integrity for a brief moment.
Beautiful

Reactions: Ina
Mikelej14

Mikelej14

They look great but dang gettin toasty in there, maybe use an AC?

Hippogator

Hippogator

Looks great man, keep it up. Try to lower your temps a little bit.

The_Nam_Show

The_Nam_Show

I have tried and been successful at getting a nice push pull ratio and keeping it consistent opposed to spiking up and down. The ramp up in heat has been real gradual here for me so they seem to. be adapting quite well. I have been going from watering every 3-4 days now down to every 2-3 days since the warmer weather came around, I also mix up my intensity between the 2 different types of fixtures to try and mitigate some more heat. The heat thing seems to be very black or white across all the forums as what too hot and what is not and that sometimes is mentally de stabilizing when trying to come up with a solution. I figure if I try it like a race car engine it'll be ok. Like Air fuel ratio. More gas needs more spark, which needs bigger intake and exhaust or you risk detonation and blow your engine. So I have been shaking the co2 bag every day trying to keep high levels, but also making sure I circulate some fresh cool air in as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom