Hi Everyone ! Please Help !6

• Thread starter RedTeamGrowz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RedTeamGrowz

And we'll see how potent this is , I know I'm slacking and I need to water them but like I said my back is trashed and I'm off to get high

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Just take a huge branch n stick it in a pot of soil ?

Yep! I usually just stick a solid growing branch in the vegging cycle and simply stick it 4-6 inches deep, in my case, Promix and composted manure. Keep it fairly wet, although the deeper position in the soil/promix has more available moisture the deeper you go. The cutting will often droop a little, which is why I like to keep it wet for the first week or two, then treat as a normal plant. Typically, it will droop (but not terribly) and then begin to get more robust as the roots grow in This method isn't 100%, but it usually works well if you keep it wet (not soaked, but keep it on the wetter side). You can usually accomplish the same by just sticking the branch into a glass/bottle of water with an oz of sprite or 7 up (soda pop in the USA), which gives it a little food while it develops roots. The soda pop trick came from a flower shop owner and works well on cut flowers and rooting other plants. After a week or two, your plant will be ready for either transplanting into a grow container or if it is already in the dirt, ready for regular growth. This is a quick way to get plants that are a foot tall or more to quickly root and is a lot faster than the full clone route. It IS a clone, but just a very much bigger clone. I usually use branches that are at least a 12 inches long. Make a hole with your finger, push the cut edge of the branch into the dirt, water it every day, and before you know it, you will be well on your way.

Madbud

Madbud

Yep! I usually just stick a solid growing branch in the vegging cycle and simply stick it 4-6 inches deep, in my case, Promix and composted manure. Keep it fairly wet, although the deeper position in the soil/promix has more available moisture the deeper you go. The cutting will often droop a little, which is why I like to keep it wet for the first week or two, then treat as a normal plant. Typically, it will droop (but not terribly) and then begin to get more robust as the roots grow in This method isn't 100%, but it usually works well if you keep it wet (not soaked, but keep it on the wetter side). You can usually accomplish the same by just sticking the branch into a glass/bottle of water with an oz of sprite or 7 up (soda pop in the USA), which gives it a little food while it develops roots. The soda pop trick came from a flower shop owner and works well on cut flowers and rooting other plants. After a week or two, your plant will be ready for either transplanting into a grow container or if it is already in the dirt, ready for regular growth. This is a quick way to get plants that are a foot tall or more to quickly root and is a lot faster than the full clone route. It IS a clone, but just a very much bigger clone. I usually use branches that are at least a 12 inches long. Make a hole with your finger, push the cut edge of the branch into the dirt, water it every day, and before you know it, you will be well on your way.
Been there done that. I put a large baggie over the pot to create some humidity too.

R

RedTeamGrowz

You the man ! :-D Thank you

R

RedTeamGrowz

I'm hoping these plants turn out good , I had 3 males donated as well
Tags said {BRE x NL5} x Ghost OG
{BRE x NL5} x Fire OG & 'Space computelr' {Spaceship Technology x Supercomputer} all new England strains I'll post pics if anyone wants me to and thank you everyone

R

RedTeamGrowz

@Jimster Is there any way to collect pollen from those three males without using them to breed with ? Like collect the pollen and save and preserve it for future use ?!?!?!

H

Highkev

@Jimster Is there any way to collect pollen from those three males without using them to breed with ? Like collect the pollen and save and preserve it for future use ?!?!?!
Yes tie shake the pollen off and store in a glass jar when ready to pollinate female plant put bag around branch and shake the bag without snapping branch untie and enjoy

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter

Your easiest way to collect them is to put the cut off male branches that supply the donor pollen into plastic bags, right before they open their flowers and leave the bag slightly opened, so that it dries slowly. This will give you a easier way to collect. As the branches and flowers dry, the flower petals open up and drops the pollen. If you are brave, you could try to collect it while it is still on the plant, but that is pretty risky as pollen is unbelievably easy to transfer without meaning to. I have heard that you can mix the pollen with a little bit of cooking flour...the flour makes it easier to see where it is applied and helps to make it easier to manage. I would think the best place to store it would be in a cool, dry, dark place. Be sure to keep everything as dry as possible, as moisture can cause issues from condensation and can spoil the pollen. It is pretty stable...a baby food jar would probably work well. There are a lot of ways to collect the pollen...do a search thru the archives for a smorgasbord of methods, make your choice, and let everyone know how it worked. Good Luck!

R

RedTeamGrowz

Usually. I see 15-20 per cola bud, so depending on how many sites You do it can add up.
Ok so what if 2 of the male I had donated to me had a couple open flowers ? Think I transferred it to the flowering area (the pollen) since it's so easy to spread ? And how would I tell if it's been pollinated ? And how long before I start seeing seeds forming in the buds ? I don't mean to be a bother and I'm grateful for the help:-D

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It only takes one tiny grain of pollen to make a seed, and each flower has thousands of pollen particles.. Combine that with hundreds of flowers...or even just 1 or 2, and you can see how easy it is to get pollinated. Luckily only a few pollen particles seem to get in there to make seeds if you are lucky, but try to keep them separated as the pollen clings to stuff like hair, clothing, hands, etc. If you weren't rolling around in the male plants, you might be OK or see a few seeds. The worst scenario is when they are growing side by side, you will get a ton of pollen falling on all of those sticky pistils...and you have tons of seeds. This is how most smoke was in the 80s...it grew and nobody did anything with the males and seeds were sometimes 25% of the weight of the bag, when it came mainly from Colombia and Mexico. Its hard to tell when the plant gets pollinated because each bud is made up from a bunch of sites...any or all of which may or may not get pollinated. the bud will swell up and quit growing once a certain percentage of the bud site gets fertilized and the seeds will slowly grow inside the bud structure (in the calyx?). The most obvious sign would be the rapid darkening of the pistils (white hairs) as the plant shifts from flowering to ripening. You can usually see the immature seeds in the buds that look like little white round seeds, which darken and harden as they mature.

R

RedTeamGrowz

Technically each hair could become a bean
Actually had that happen to me because I'm a jackass and a male flower or two opened and now 4 out of 5 of my flowering girls are accidentally Prego with his babies :-( I hope I still get some flowers out of this

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Actually had that happen to me because I'm a jackass and a male flower or two opened and now 4 out of 5 of my flowering girls are accidentally Prego with his babies :-( I hope I still get some flowers out of this

Usually when you have just 1 or 2 flowers, you are ok for the most part...you might get a few seeds on one or two branches, but 2 or 3 open flowers can usually be mitigated without too much damage to being totally seedless. How "pregnant" are your ladies...lots of seeds or just one or two? Good luck!!

R

RedTeamGrowz

Usually when you have just 1 or 2 flowers, you are ok for the most part...you might get a few seeds on one or two branches, but 2 or 3 open flowers can usually be mitigated without too much damage to being totally seedless. How "pregnant" are your ladies...lots of seeds or just one or two? Good luck!!
When I have some seeds developing I'll post a couple pics but I'd have to say she is extremely pregnant because that male was in an area that didn't have much airflow and there was piles of it on the leaves and my stupid ass right outside of my flower chamber

R

RedTeamGrowz

Grow the babies and keep the best
I plan on doing exactly that and I'm going to make a journal , I've been doing a lot of research and I'd like to find some triploid babies because supposedly they yield higher so I'd like to find out

Top Bottom