Hi, first time grower here

• Thread starter Mrpig
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mrpig

Mrpig

Hi everyone, I have got spiderfarmer sf2k 4x2 going, so far im 7days into seedling stage, had a few ups and downs last day or so, every morning for the last 2 days one of the ladies was on her side, got her propped up again and same again next day, I then realised how dry my soil was and that she wasn't rooted enough and was being blown over , I most likely need to raise them slightly higher to the light too I think.
I will post a picture shortly, maybe some one can point out what my mistake are😁

Mrpig

Mrpig

Hi everyone, I have got spiderfarmer sf2k 4x2 going, so far im 7days into seedling stage, had a few ups and downs last day or so, every morning for the last 2 days one of the ladies was on her side, got her propped up again and same again next day, I then realised how dry my soil was and that she wasn't rooted enough and was being blown over , I most likely need to raise them slightly higher to the light too I think.
I will post a picture shortly, maybe some one can point out what my mistake are😁

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Sounds like there getting leggy and yes pics will . I have a few that have gone the same I just put them low in the pot and gently back fill round the stem till it's at a better stable position . Welcome to the farm regards OD.

Mrpig

Mrpig

Sounds like there getting leggy and yes pics will . I have a few that have gone the same I just put them low in the pot and gently back fill round the stem till it's at a better stable position . Welcome to the farm regards OD.
Thank you, I am just doing what you mentioned now, I think i let them go too dry, autoflowers in 5 gallon bags... I'm trying to upload photos as we speak😁

Mrpig

Mrpig

Any idea why my pictures won't upload? Tried it several times now and nothing there once I refreshed the screen🙈

Mrpig

Mrpig

20200921 105222
20200921 105230
20200921 105154

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Thank you, all advice is received with appreciation, 😁
Not a problem Cobba just don’t over water but remember to water till 20% run off . You could also try to get your bags up off thr tent floor creat a air gap under them . Od .

Mrpig

Mrpig

Not a problem Cobba just don’t over water but remember to water till 20% run off . You could also try to get your bags up off thr tent floor creat a air gap under them . Od .
I keep reading about 20% runoff but how do you do that with out over watering them? How much water is needed to create the run off on 5gallon bags? I havent been able to get my head around this part just yet but know I need to soon,
As for the lifting them off the ground i ordered some portable plant pot movers, it was mainly to raise them up a little but would also air them out too.

Mrpig

Mrpig

So I have now got an issue, I let them.go too dry, then overwatered I believe and I tried poking holes in the soil and turned the humidifier off,, the soil ph has returned to normal finally, been 3 days since I watered and it is now dry to my second knuckle, ,
I think when I turned humidifier off that it then soaked up too much nutrient from the soil maybe?
Any help would be great, I turned on the humidifier a few hours ago and they perked up a little,
P.s I lifted them up about 2inches or 9cm roughly when we last spoke and got a burst of growth, but I then did what I mentioned above🙈 11 days in now but 1 plant is really stunted in growth compared to the rest but she is still developing new leaves currently
20200925 192716
20200925 192712
20200925 192725
20200925 192734

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Take a bread tie and melt the plastic off 1 end, you can stick that end in dirt to hold up ur seedling, allways sow your seeds 1/2 inc deep, i have a Skywalker seedling who is not cooperating so did that see pic, works untill your mainstem hardens, or you can cut a straw and make a little cast to hold your seedling up.

Mrpig

Mrpig

Take a bread tie and melt the plastic off 1 end, you can stick that end in dirt to hold up ur seedling, allways sow your seeds 1/2 inc deep, i have a Skywalker seedling who is not cooperating so did that see pic, works untill your mainstem hardens, or you can cut a straw and make a little cast to hold your seedling up.
Thanks, they now seem to be more stable in the soil, but I will remember these tips for the next time,
First time around is like being in a mine field 🙈

Mrpig

Mrpig

Well I've had a bit of an interesting time,😆
I have got scrog up now ready as there in stretch big time
Heres some recent photos
I did defoliate but only a little, don't want any mould issues and needed to reduce humidity as well
20201016 173708
20201016 173334
20201016 173337

20201016 173708
Top Bottom