Hi, I need an air conditioner for my room any recommendations?

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
My flower room is about 10 x 10 with 10 ft ceiling.
From mid June on outside temps can be 95f with 95 - 100 % humidity for weeks in a row. Flowering during this time of year is not something I plan on but...you know how things go. I won't finish my next batch until mid July, seeing as they are still in veg.

My basement doesn't get the high heat from outdoors & I have a dehumidifier but with my 1000w hps running the temps can get into the 90's @ 100% so I have to turn the ballast down to 60% to get the room into the 80's.

So I need an air conditioner and I know dam well if I buy one without running it by the Farmers here I'll get an air conditioner but the wrong dam kind. So is there some kind of anti gravity - cyclotronic - fibromatic doohicky 😟 😟 attached thing I should look for? Any help would be great😍😍

This is my veg room & the flower room / space

Hi i need an air conditioner for my room any recommendations
Hi i need an air conditioner for my room any recommendations 2
Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

My flower room is about 10 x 10 with 10 ft ceiling.
From mid June on outside temps can be 95f with 95 - 100 % humidity for weeks in a row. Flowering during this time of year is not something I plan on but...you know how things go. I won't finish my next batch until mid July, seeing as they are still in veg.

My basement doesn't get the high heat from outdoors & I have a dehumidifier but with my 1000w hps running the temps can get into the 90's @ 100% so I have to turn the ballast down to 60% to get the room into the 80's.

So I need an air conditioner and I know dam well if I buy one without running it by the Farmers here I'll get an air conditioner but the wrong dam kind. So is there some kind of anti gravity - cyclotronic - fibromatic doohicky 😟 😟 attached thing I should look for? Any help would be great😍😍

This is my veg room & the flower room / space
If you go to the hawthorne gardening company website you can use their calculator to get the unit sized correctly. From what you mentioned about being in the basement, your options might be limited, unless you have a way of using a window unit. I would recommend a mini split for your application, but you will either have to be really handy or have a professional hook it up.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
If you go to the hawthorne gardening company website you can use their calculator to get the unit sized correctly. From what you mentioned about being in the basement, your options might be limited, unless you have a way of using a window unit. I would recommend a mini split for your application, but you will either have to be really handy or have a professional hook it up.
I'm handy, lol....A mini split? I know not.....hello google...thanks

Ollieboy

Ollieboy

Not sure if it’d work with you running out of your basement but I have a window model that the wife & I have no use for. If you’re by chance in Michigan I’d be happy to donate it to a fellow farmer.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Not sure if it’d work with you running out of your basement but I have a window model that the wife & I have no use for. If you’re by chance in Michigan I’d be happy to donate it to a fellow farmer.
Hey, thanks but north east of the border from you. Nova Scotia ..solid cement walled basement I can lead ducts in and out but the mini split idea is for rich folk lol poor boy like me is looking cheap ..as in 3-$400 cheap. It only needs to cool the space for a 2 - 3- 4 weeks.

Ollieboy

Ollieboy

Hey, thanks but north east of the border from you. Nova Scotia ..solid cement walled basement I can lead ducts in and out but the mini split idea is for rich folk lol poor boy like me is looking cheap ..as in 3-$400 cheap. It only needs to cool the space for a 2 - 3- 4 weeks.

Is the rest of your house air conditioned? If so any way to divert or tap into the existing ductwork?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I looked at mini splits...out of my price range at the moment..I need cheap as in 2-3-$400 cheap.....Nice units but more than I need

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
coherent

coherent

I've had a couple of portable ac units over the years and in my opinion they are all crap. A good window unit will work. You can prob even find a used one craigslist etc. Like someone already mentioned get a mini split if you can and you won't regret it. It will work the best and save you $ in the long run.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've had a couple of portable ac units over the years and in my opinion they are all crap. A good window unit will work. You can prob even find a used one craigslist etc. Like someone already mentioned get a mini split if you can and you won't regret it. It will work the best and save you $ in the long run.
No window, 8 ft underground

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
might be easier and cheaper to buy a different light...
Never....lol....I need the heat it produces months of the year and I like the buds it gives me...I hate its energy costs but I have to pay for a heater or the light gives me the heat

Top Bottom