• Thread starter EventHorizan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Which do you like better and why?
Well let me run this system and I will tell you the difference between a 1200 system and a 500 system... As for the difference between dwc and everything else,,,,,
Well you have heard about the 3 little pigs right? Well dwc is the house built out of laboratory secret grade composites that make bullet proof armor look like play doe..
Dirt is to cover up ole cousin Wilber when he kicks the bucket...
Welcome to water world..

Toph420

Toph420

I'm going to follow a vpd chart this run as well, I'll have to adjust cch2o's recommendations to what my room can handle.

How many btu a/c you running?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I'm going to follow a vpd chart this run as well, I'll have to adjust cch2o's recommendations to what my room can handle.

How many btu a/c you running?
just 8k but im prob gonna have to upgrade that soon. I used a 14k last run but I stole it back and put it upstairs... right now im just doing a pheno run in coco with 1 600 so temps are essy to control... my ac only runs about 2 mins out of every 1o mins, usually when the dehuey kicks on.. The dehuey itself can raise my ambient temps 2 degrees easily, till the Ac drops it back down... Im running 84* and 63% rh day 78* and 63% rh night.. 2 EC and 1000 ppm c02

WIN 20170720 19 07 30 Pro
WIN 20170720 19 07 37 Pro
WIN 20170720 19 07 43 Pro
WIN 20170720 19 07 44 Pro
WIN 20170720 19 07 52 Pro
RoeBuck

RoeBuck

No problem, and thanks! I never grew nothing in soil till every one here kept doing it. So I bought a bag and grew out 5 lil damn things in som ffof...
I thought it to be comparable to caveman rubbing rocks together to make fire to ward off the wolves :(

No im a hydro to the bone and i ran coco, f+d, and dwc, and the waterfarm recirculating 8 bucket unit. Im familiar with maintaining a res..
All that will be the easy part..
The hard part will be following that wacky chart that cc has... the c02 goes down as you come in to flower. now I can understand at the end, but start at week 1 dropping it? doesnt make sense to me? Now I follow vpd right now, so i can hit the numbers i need to but ive been under the beleif that i matched Ec and c02 ppm till last 2 weeks? Do you follow it to a t?

I use it as general guide. I find their ppm numbers are way high compared to what I run. In the 3 runs I've done with the CS nutes I've only gotten above 300 ppm (500 scale) with some Blue Dream, and that was only about 340 at peak feeding. I'm finishing up some Deep Cheese right now and it never got above 290 at peak. When I tried using their numbers I had issues with pH dropping while ppm was rising, indicating the nute strength was too high. I try and maintain a 10 degree difference in air temps between night and day but with my setup am unable to drop my water temps to what they recommend. So I generally stay at around 68 - 69 till near the end, when I drop it a bit more. I have found that running too much CO2 late in flower does make the buds looser. So I drop it about 100 a week until I hit 400 ppm a week before flush. So far that seems to be working well. My veg and bloom rooms are a shared environment so I don't like cutting back too much or too soon when I've got plants in veg. Plus I'm running two UC system and they are staggered so again, don't want to cut back too much and deprive the other system. I do find that a lot of CO2 during stretch can cause them to stretch more than I like but I've been countering that by cutting back on the red spectrum on my LEDs until stretch is finished.

I've got a 4' square outdoor grow box where I still grow autos in soil less medium. Otherwise I don't do soil anymore. I'm actually thinking of building a DIY rdwc system for that grow box and going completely hydro. It will be a bit of a challenge since it's about 100' away from my RO water source but I think I've got it worked out. I've got enough Pro Mix left for another grow or two which will give me time to slowly buy the parts. Should cost about $600, almost half of which will be the chiller. Four scrogged autos should fill it up nicely.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I use it as general guide. I find their ppm numbers are way high compared to what I run. In the 3 runs I've done with the CS nutes I've only gotten above 300 ppm (500 scale) with some Blue Dream, and that was only about 340 at peak feeding. I'm finishing up some Deep Cheese right now and it never got above 290 at peak. When I tried using their numbers I had issues with pH dropping while ppm was rising, indicating the nute strength was too high. I try and maintain a 10 degree difference in air temps between night and day but with my setup am unable to drop my water temps to what they recommend. So I generally stay at around 68 - 69 till near the end, when I drop it a bit more. I have found that running too much CO2 late in flower does make the buds looser. So I drop it about 100 a week until I hit 400 ppm a week before flush. So far that seems to be working well. My veg and bloom rooms are a shared environment so I don't like cutting back too much or too soon when I've got plants in veg. Plus I'm running two UC system and they are staggered so again, don't want to cut back too much and deprive the other system. I do find that a lot of CO2 during stretch can cause them to stretch more than I like but I've been countering that by cutting back on the red spectrum on my LEDs until stretch is finished.

I've got a 4' square outdoor grow box where I still grow autos in soil less medium. Otherwise I don't do soil anymore. I'm actually thinking of building a DIY rdwc system for that grow box and going completely hydro. It will be a bit of a challenge since it's about 100' away from my RO water source but I think I've got it worked out. I've got enough Pro Mix left for another grow or two which will give me time to slowly buy the parts. Should cost about $600, almost half of which will be the chiller. Four scrogged autos should fill it up nicely.
Ya I got the veg a and veg b nutes but thats all i got.. Guess another $100 is going out the door lol

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Yea their stuff is $$$... where do you get it from? I've been using hydrobuilder, tried amazon and all the stuff they sent was super old and I had to return everything..
Well i was gonna say Amazon till you said that, lol,
now I will search around.. cant i buy them straight from CC? Shit that way maybe I can get some freebies too :)

Toph420

Toph420

potentially, never tried.. it's not on their site that's for sure. Let me know if they let you.. Hydrobuilder has all the specific parts for current culture systems too. I didn't get a whole system I just got the buckets, bulkheads, lids, and net pots. Made the epicenter from one of their regular 8 gallon buckets..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

potentially, never tried.. it's not on their site that's for sure. Let me know if they let you.. Hydrobuilder has all the specific parts for current culture systems too. I didn't get a whole system I just got the buckets, bulkheads, lids, and net pots. Made the epicenter from one of their regular 8 gallon buckets..
Ya I will let you know what I find out..

H

Highatollah

cch2o used to sell from their website but not anymore. Best price I found was growershouse.com they have sales very frequently. Sign up as a member for like $50/year and you get 5% off on everything too which stacks with their sales.

Farmer P

Farmer P

lol, I saw hi my name is Event and I'm new and I thought someone stole your name. Subbed. Can't wait to see that new uc system fired up!

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

Yes I agree, that can be a negative..
Im actually gonna buy a 4x4 flood table and put a piece of 1" foam board over it and cut as many 8" net pot holes as possible, then another piece with just 6 holes at 8"..
So start 10 and keep the best 6,
put the 6 hole top on and veg...
root pruning and using beneficial bacteria in that will aid in really fast root growth!
I also take double topped cuttings so I start out with 2 tops :)View attachment 721754

2 weeks later from cutting

View attachment 721755
This was my first attempt.. Im a lot better now, they never yellow.. I use rooting solution made for aero cloners by clonex..
why are all your clones twins ? i personally would rather start with a signal stem clone and groom it. my opinion !

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom