Hi, my name is Helga and I'm a newbie in growing :)

• Thread starter HelgaHarperrr40
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HelgaHarperrr40

HelgaHarperrr40

Hi, my name is Helga. I'm a full time freelancer. Thanks to my remote work I've traveled a lot for the last 6 years . During this time, I am a little tired of traveling and now I want to be at home. So, I was thinking of starting an indoor growing. There's lots of information about this, but I don't know from what point I should start. Would very appreciate for your tips or recommendations.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

First you should search the vast number of posts and sticky notes for indoor growing on this site and study up on the process. If you have any questions after studying the numerous methods (hydroponic, soil, lights, nutrients, cost) then you’ll be in a better position to ask relevant questions. Green luck!

logdog

logdog

Welcome, its a great hobby. Can you tell a little more about what you had in mind, like tent or grow room and how big or small you want to go? I think soil is the easiest for starting out, I would recommend fabric pots and really read up on proper watering practices (this sounds simple but causes the most problems when your starting out), get decent lights if you go super cheap you will just be upgrading anyway, for the first run really concentrate on stabilizing your environment for temp and humidity if your grow space feels like a nice summer day to you they will think so too, and pick an indoor friendly strain super tall lanky plants can get out of control other than that dive in, have fun and post any other questions you have people here are pretty friendly.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hi, my name is Helga. I'm a full time freelancer. Thanks to my remote work I've traveled a lot for the last 6 years . During this time, I am a little tired of traveling and now I want to be at home. So, I was thinking of starting an indoor growing. There's lots of information about this, but I don't know from what point I should start. Would very appreciate for your tips or recommendations.
Hi welcome, dirt and water will grow most seeds, if you want better than dirt weed you'll need a good medium ( I use ProMix or similar) a good consistent nutrient regime ( I use General Hydroponics Flora trio ) a good light to veg under & flower under ( I use T5 fluorescent for veg and 1000-w hps to flower under ) A contained space you can black out 100% light for flowering in. Then there are tools you'll need to accumulate. ph tester/ ppm tester/ humidifiers/ dehumidifier/ osculating fans , intake and exhaust fans and a loop to get you started. Then toys you can add to help. lux meter/ mini microscope camera, laser thermostat gun +++++++ ect.

The environment you grow in is the most important aspect of growing

HelgaHarperrr40

HelgaHarperrr40

First you should search the vast number of posts and sticky notes for indoor growing on this site and study up on the process. If you have any questions after studying the numerous methods (hydroponic, soil, lights, nutrients, cost) then you’ll be in a better position to ask relevant questions. Green luck!
Thanks for the advice and a friendly greeting :)

HelgaHarperrr40

HelgaHarperrr40

Welcome, its a great hobby. Can you tell a little more about what you had in mind, like tent or grow room and how big or small you want to go? I think soil is the easiest for starting out, I would recommend fabric pots and really read up on proper watering practices (this sounds simple but causes the most problems when your starting out), get decent lights if you go super cheap you will just be upgrading anyway, for the first run really concentrate on stabilizing your environment for temp and humidity if your grow space feels like a nice summer day to you they will think so too, and pick an indoor friendly strain super tall lanky plants can get out of control other than that dive in, have fun and post any other questions you have people here are pretty friendly.
Thank you for the advice :)
I was thinking maybe of buying a 5x5 grow tent.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Welcome! If you want to grow perpetually you need two Chambers. Maybe a 2x4 which fits 2 plants would be better for flower ? I have a 4x4 and its a little stretchy to reach in sometimes.

logdog

logdog

Thank you for the advice :)
I was thinking maybe of buying a 5x5 grow tent.
Grow tents are a great way to go, I run a 5x5 as well, the advice I would give is make sure you will have room to access the tent from at least two sides or once its full it will be very hard to access all the plants from the front door alone, there are a lot of good tents out there I went with Gorilla Brand tents because they have the highest ceiling I have found and I wanted the extra head room to grow some taller strains, if extra headroom isn't a concern you might want to look at AC infinity tents I haven't seen them personally but the specs look good and I do know from personal experience their fans are top notch.

HelgaHarperrr40

HelgaHarperrr40

Grow tents are a great way to go, I run a 5x5 as well, the advice I would give is make sure you will have room to access the tent from at least two sides or once its full it will be very hard to access all the plants from the front door alone, there are a lot of good tents out there I went with Gorilla Brand tents because they have the highest ceiling I have found and I wanted the extra head room to grow some taller strains, if extra headroom isn't a concern you might want to look at AC infinity tents I haven't seen them personally but the specs look good and I do know from personal experience their fans are top notch.
Thanks again for the advice. I'm amazed to such active community. Usually in nowadays forums dont have active members.
Extra headroom isn't a concern for me. I think that I can go without it. I've heard about these two brands that you mentioned, found some good reviews about them. Have you heard about these guys?
I found them also in one article when I was searching for some guides in setting up a grow tent.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thanks again for the advice. I'm amazed to such active community. Usually in nowadays forums dont have active members.
Extra headroom isn't a concern for me. I think that I can go without it. I've heard about these two brands that you mentioned, found some good reviews about them. Have you heard about these guys?
I found them also in one article when I was searching for some guides in setting up a grow tent.
Wow those are nice but expensive fans. I'm cheap and I can't afford expensive equipment like that. My exhaust fans cost me just a couple of dollars + some hot glue.

I'm a frequent shopper in a used everything store we have here called Value Village, on Tuesdays us oldies get 30% off everything. I picked up this brand new tower dehu for $7.00 Cdn after our discount . I'm just saying have a look around at some Thrift shops for equipment, I also build my enclosures rather than buy tents

100 5891
logdog

logdog

I only have hands on experience with the ac infinity fans but I have used terra bloom filters and I thought they were quite good my last one went well over a year, you probably wouldn't go wrong with either one, but ac infinity has had a pretty good reputation for quite awhile, mine is over 3 years old and running as good as the day I got it.

HelgaHarperrr40

HelgaHarperrr40

Wow those are nice but expensive fans. I'm cheap and I can't afford expensive equipment like that. My exhaust fans cost me just a couple of dollars + some hot glue.
So, you did the fan by your hands? I have always admired people who know how to build something themselves. And how are the results? Is it also effective?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
So, you did the fan by your hands? I have always admired people who know how to build something themselves. And how are the results? Is it also effective?
They run silent and smooth, I just use those out of my seedling box. I use bathroom fans boxed up, one for intake one for exhaust running 24/7 in my small 3'x4' veg rooms

Odisdavis

Odisdavis

Thats pretty big for a beginner, I use 3x3
One thing to consider is getting the bigger size tent but only start with a few plants. That way it will give you some room to maneuver as tent growing can be rough on your back if not all the doors are accessible. Then once you have mastered the environment with a few plants add more as you feel comfortable. If you have the space to spare why not? Happy growing! Cheers

Latest posts

Top Bottom