Hi New member with old question

• Thread starter Tmblwede
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tmblwede

Tmblwede

Hi new member from Canada, third year outdoor grow, with probably old question.
So legal height in my area is 6’ for outdoor. Mine are at around 3 1/2 -4ft now with just over 2 months left.
I had them in full sun but they started to burn, partial shade has saved them but now they have begun to stretch.

Last year same thing happened and they were tall… I had one 14ft + and dreaded every minute that someone would complain, steal it, or maybe a bungee cord could let let go.
Anyway I cut 2 ft off that plant in very late veg stage (it was around 8ft) and it still grew 6ft+ more by the time it was done, seem to take the trimming of major veg tops well and didn’t turn.
Thinking about taking the tops off of this years to keep them shorter in the long term.
I was wondering if cutting the tops so late in veg would typically turn it and was I just lucky that it ended up so good Last time?

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Hi new member from Canada, third year outdoor grow, with probably old question.
So legal height in my area is 6’ for outdoor. Mine are at around 3 1/2 -4ft now with just over 2 months left.
I had them in full sun but they started to burn, partial shade has saved them but now they have begun to stretch.

Last year same thing happened and they were tall… I had one 14ft + and dreaded every minute that someone would complain, steal it, or maybe a bungee cord could let let go.
Anyway I cut 2 ft off that plant in very late veg stage (it was around 8ft) and it still grew 6ft+ more by the time it was done, seem to take the trimming of major veg tops well and didn’t turn.
Thinking about taking the tops off of this years to keep them shorter in the long term.
I was wondering if cutting the tops so late in veg would typically turn it and was I just lucky that it ended up so good Last time?
I remember they originally tried for a 1 meter height restriction but it was dropped . If one were to work out of town for the summer you would easily pass the mark without knowing it and an inch over would break the law.I have never heard of a 6 foot rule,I wasn't aware of such a thing,just 4 plants per household. If you're worried about staying at 6 feet I would break branches and tie them down. I don't think they will bother you if you stay in the limit. Most people growing 4 are breaking the law simply by not using gov approved stock,the court tie up would be enormous.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
since you are in veggative stage you can still top it, supercrop it and or use other training techniques to reduce the size.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
A photo would help. Are they budding out already? A supercrop and a staked net would help keep it lower.

Tmblwede

Tmblwede

i havnt checkEd the bylaws in my area for quite awhile, but I don’t see a thing about height now….maybe I will just let them all spread there limbs and fly :) while doing my best to keep them below the fence top.
Thanks for all the replies and great to meet everyone. Here’s a few pictures, this years 4 and last years rouge Durban poison
542E26E0 7F2D 46BA BE47 5978C141DFFA
6804D092 5C29 4062 9FDB 81678414E549

BudBogart

BudBogart

Depending on plant structure, you might tie the top over on its side and let the lateral branches take over. You pull over a little more every couple of days.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

You're a mad lad, in a good way. Might wanna give them some slight veg nutes before you send them off into flower as well they are looking really pale for still being in veg.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Depending on plant structure, you might tie the top over on its side and let the lateral branches take over. You pull over a little more every couple of days.
It's a nice problem to have....My plants are too big...lol......I get your reasoning I'm in Nova Scotia, my weather is the shits for outdoor growing, flower's just get mouldy in October....I bend my indoor plants over to stay short, I just pinch and bend then support the branches I bend over with bamboo poles in a lattice.....You'd need some big bamboo OR? something like netting to hold them down.

Tmblwede

Tmblwede

Yes, they are getting a boost, I was away fishing and wifey doesn’t seem to pay attention.
I find the mold season here is late Sept. A lot of people suffered last year. Hopefully it’s better this fall.

Top Bottom