Hi

• Thread starter Sallygram
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sallygram

I wanted to give a quick into to everyone. First a little about me then a little about my years growing. I am a cancer survivor that lives in the mid Atlantic area but am originally from Vermont.

I started growing outdoors in 1986 and moves inside after buying Ed Rosenthal's book in 1989. My first grow was an ebb and flow kit I think it was called Emily's garden and it held 9 plants (a plant called Garlic Bud was my first grow). I used a 400 Watt HPS light and had good success with it. Being in VT I never needed to worry about heat and actually liked that little bit that it pumped out into my crappy apartment. A few years later I switched to soil with a 10ft light mover and a second 400 watt HPS along with a 250 MH for veg.

I stopped growing in 2000 for a couple of years then bought my own place in the south and was able to provide security to my crops. I then switched to various lights including 2 1000 watt HPS and some CMH lights. I later played with blurpies and COBs, I eventually switched Quantum leds (I was one of HLGs first customers and had to wait for my second light from them for about 3 weeks due to backorders lol). I now run about 50 panels on and off depending on what I have going. About 5 years ago I switched to coco coir and loved it at first then I had some major problems with it holding things like micro nutes, pesticides and hormones and had about 6 months of not failure but grow's that I was not proud of. I have switched to a DWC system and overall like my current set up.

I seldom post pics due to legal issues and have been on other sites with the same handle for years but have found them to be just too many people saying they are the best and everyone else is an idiot. I am a huge believer in what works for you may not work for me and vise versa so I try not to be critical of peoples setups.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
welcome to farm!!
none of that “better than you” attitude here..
a great place to join in on threads and help each other out!!

Last edited:
MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

Welcome. Unfortunately I know exactly what you mean about other forums hosting all of “gods gift to growing”. This has been a warm community without the massive egos. 👍

Moshmen

Moshmen

I wanted to give a quick into to everyone. First a little about me then a little about my years growing. I am a cancer survivor that lives in the mid Atlantic area but am originally from Vermont.

I started growing outdoors in 1986 and moves inside after buying Ed Rosenthal's book in 1989. My first grow was an ebb and flow kit I think it was called Emily's garden and it held 9 plants (a plant called Garlic Bud was my first grow). I used a 400 Watt HPS light and had good success with it. Being in VT I never needed to worry about heat and actually liked that little bit that it pumped out into my crappy apartment. A few years later I switched to soil with a 10ft light mover and a second 400 watt HPS along with a 250 MH for veg.

I stopped growing in 2000 for a couple of years then bought my own place in the south and was able to provide security to my crops. I then switched to various lights including 2 1000 watt HPS and some CMH lights. I later played with blurpies and COBs, I eventually switched Quantum leds (I was one of HLGs first customers and had to wait for my second light from them for about 3 weeks due to backorders lol). I now run about 50 panels on and off depending on what I have going. About 5 years ago I switched to coco coir and loved it at first then I had some major problems with it holding things like micro nutes, pesticides and hormones and had about 6 months of not failure but grow's that I was not proud of. I have switched to a DWC system and overall like my current set up.

I seldom post pics due to legal issues and have been on other sites with the same handle for years but have found them to be just too many people saying they are the best and everyone else is an idiot. I am a huge believer in what works for you may not work for me and vise versa so I try not to be critical of peoples setups.
Welcome to the farm ! Share away

Kanashiihawk63

Kanashiihawk63

Supporter
Welcome, I agree with you. I Lurk on this site 99% but I know what you mean about some other sites, especially FB sites or others I will not mention..Thankfully most folks I have met here or (IRL) have been true friends. Fellow brothers and sisters. Welcome to this awesome sanctuary!
Warmly,
Jackie

Top Bottom