HICOB LED lights

• Thread starter Smuggler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Smuggler

I did a search for HICOB in the LED forum and didn’t find anything.

I was watching a TV show that was talking about a new generation, super bright, HICOB (High Intensity Chip On Board) LED light technology. They were made by a company called Lumitech I think and made for the boating industry for underwater lights.

They were reported as being a lot brighter than current use led lamps and a small silver dollar sized array with 12 lamps put out 2,400 lumens on 36 watts at 12 volts DC. That works out to 3 watts per lamp but they seemed a lot brighter than anything I’ve seen with grow lights. They said color didn’t knock down the lumens that much and they could vary the colors. They didn't tell the nm range of the lights but it was a really interesting segment to watch.

I was just wondering if these are already in use for grow lights or might they hold any promise for use?

Thanks, S

mike hunt

mike hunt

Premium Member
Supporter
I did a google search, and couldnt find anything on using HICOB for growing at this point.

S

Smuggler

Yep, when I did my search, all I came up with was the underwater boat lights that are brighter than Xenon lights and use way less power. Those HICOB suckers are bright! I was just wondering, thanks for the input. S

mike hunt

mike hunt

Premium Member
Supporter
YW. Im interested in LED tech for a small tent in my apartment. Im gonna look into Kessil lights...i think.

Top Bottom