HID lights on Seedling?!

• Thread starter GDS StonerBoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GDS StonerBoy

I have some seedlings that just emerged last night and are ready for some light. My T5 that i got from HTG Supply (that is only 5months old) has pooped out on me. I usually veg my clones and seedling under this, now that it is out do you think it would be ok to put them under a 400 MH?! I really dont want to kill these guys because there basically all i have left, from an incident.

So can this be done harm free?

og dmc

og dmc

Yeah I do it all the time. Start with the light 18-24 inches above the canopy.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Keep it up really high to begin with and you should be fine. T5's throw a ton of light for fluoros and the transition to MH shouldn't be that big of a deal. They may shock initially but not for long and a 400 watt MH should really produce great veg results.

BC_Bud

BC_Bud

Premium Member
Supporter
I would put the light 3 feet above the seedlings at first just to make sure you don't fry them. You'll get good light coverage this way, if you have lots of seedlings growing. In a week or two after they start growing and doing their thing you can adjust the light up or down as needed.

G

GDS StonerBoy

Thanks for the speedy reply everyone! I'm gonna setup the 400mh in the room and take a few pics. I know its probably gonna be alot more heat in the room than usual but it'll have to do until i can get that T5 replaced.

Once again thanks all!

S

s4m

as above,
should be np's as long as you keep the light/s up at the mo and progressivley lower as time passes.

s4m

Latest posts

Top Bottom