high co2 levels... 9999ppm

• Thread starter mikeross
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeross

mikeross

I walked into my room this evening right at lights on to find my co2 burner running open for at least 2 hours. My co2 levels were up to 9999ppm and that probably as high as the room sensor goes lol. So what kinda damage did this do to my plants. It took about an hour to exhaust the room with just the door open and a 16" fan assisting to bring the level back down under 2000ppm.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
you should be ok. since it was a short time. OSHA standards for humans is 5k ppm at soda bottleing plants, and we breath O2 unlike plants which use Co2. if it was gonna be a problem i think you would have saw some signs in the plants themselves.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

On the bright side, your room should be bug-free. I don't think the elevated levels of CO2 are bad for the plants, but a lack of oxygen to the roots for an extended period will kill them eventually.

mikeross

mikeross

well thats good news to hear. I was actually in the room for a couple mins at those level and didn't notice anything other than the smell. Its the same smell I get when I am close to the burner when it turns on for a couple seconds... this time the whole room filled with the smell of burning co2. I knew almost instantly what I did wrong.

All this could have been avoided it I just had 1 extra extension cord lol.

I have a PLC on my panel that controls the co2 levels via a room sensor. Their is a specific plug on my panel where I am suppose to plug my burner into. If I dont plug it into this "co2 plug" it will just continue to burn until the tank is empty.

anyways, I have been unplugging the co2 once per week when I do my water top offs. I use the extension cord for the co2 burner to hook up my water pump for top offs... I just plug it into a regular 120 outlet. Now after top offs I normally unplug the cord, plug back in the co2 burner and then plug the cord into my co2 specific outlet. This time I forgot to plug it back into the co2 plug of my panel. I was burning co2 for over 2 hours.

very happy that the damage done was minimal at best. I also am pretty sure I did not have any bugs to begin with lol.

T

Tr33

what sensor are you using?

to kill bugs - 3 x 3hrs like that will do the trick, eggs and all.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
Geez, don't be hangin' in a room long with levels that high.

mikeross

mikeross

I honestly didn't know. At that point, I put what I love most, in front of my own life and stayed with my ladies haha. Seriously though, I moved one of the floor fans and positioned it right next to the door to exhaust the room out. I probably went back in the room 3-4 times to check how fast the co2 levels were dropping... took almost an hour.

mikeross

mikeross

what sensor are you using?

I was blessed by an old friend with his old panel. I really don't know anything about it but I do know everything relies on the room sensor. I have specific labeled plugs on my panel for intake, exhuast, co2, heat which all are programed to this room sensor. I borrowed a friends co2 monitor to make sure everything on this new setup was calibrated properly. Considering its a few years old but properly maintained and calibrated all those year, the panel works great and was in calibration.

The day I hooked the panel up and fired up the system my a/c was not on. All the lights turned off when the room heat up. I seriously thought the panel was fucked until I called my homeboy. He told me that the panel has a plc or something like that that saves various environmental conditions. One of those conditions is the ability to sense high heat conditions and shut off the lights, then powering them up 2 by 2 until all lights are back up and running.

Its a pretty cool panel... There is a very well known company local to me what can build something like this for 1500 bucks... thats a quote for a 12 light flip with a plc.

B

bigtrees

ive done the 10000 ppm thing before... took 4 big tanks of co2 opened them up and ducked outta there. damn mites! didnt work.

mango420

mango420

Wow surprised you didnt pass out and die in your room! That high of c02 levels could kill you

mikeross

mikeross

Wow surprised you didnt pass out and die in your room! That high of c02 levels could kill you

So I have read after the incident happen. It makes me questions the calibration of my monitor. I was in the room for probably a min or two but I felt fine, although I didnt need to medicate as much that day:sick0026:

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

I would be almost willing to suspect your meter or something malfunctioned, you TOTALLY would have felt the effects as soon as you walked inside. Keep an eye on your meter/panel because it may not be running your co2 properly. JUST a thought.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
I had 3 co2 burners that where bad from the start they would not turn off even with the off switch off and hitting the tip over sensor it would just shoot a flame out of the burner.. The guys at the hydro store said they had a bad batch of co2 burners...JACK

Top Bottom