High CO2 levels at lights out plants drooping

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That moment you decide to clean up some of your handy work and organize your wiring.

Running hydro in a sealed, controlled room with co2.

Next thing you know plants are looking over watered and what looks like transpiration issues, drooping like I have never seen them. Like wtf! Everything was fine until I messed with all the wiring which looks a lot neater by the way.

Well after checking roots, water and air temps, humidity and fans. I look over and see my CO2 controller is signaling for CO2 during lights out... Wtf I say to myself. Sure as shit instead of plugging my controller into the timer I plugged my timer into my controller so with it being a manual timer everytime the CO2 was up to the setpoint it shut off the power to the timer and that pauses the time until it calls for more CO2. So was pretty much running full CO2 on top of what the plants produced during lights out

TLDR: I'm a fucking moron and lesson learned.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

That moment you decide to clean up some of your handy work and organize your wiring.

Next thing you know plants are looking over watered and what looks like transpiration issues, drooping like I have never seen them. Like wtf! Everything was fine until I messed with all the wiring which looks a lot neater by the way.

Well after checking roots, water and air temps, humidity and fans. I look over and see my CO2 controller is signaling for CO2 during lights out... Wtf I say to myself. Sure as shit instead of plugging my controller into the timer I plugged my timer into my controller so with it being a manual timer everytime the CO2 was up to the setpoint it shut off the power to the timer and that pauses the time until it calls for more CO2. So was pretty much running full CO2 on top of what the plants produced during lights out

At least ya figured it out. Could be worse, could be raining! Sunny So Cal is sunny again.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i gotta tell ya friend,thats the real only way to learn,no shit you want do it again ,i cant even begin to think of stuff i screwed up,here one ,bought a 16 bulb t5ho three switchs,i had the like on in georgia in that 10 ft long 4 ft wide closet jumping,had 6 plants in there in veg,figured out you cant plug the light into a gfci outlet,i use them to throw that switch instead of breakers,so rewired it,finished up tired and sick of working in there,left that bitch 4ft above the canopy with all 16 bulbs,2 being uvb bulbs went my ass to bed and when i woke up,when i walked in the room before opening closet with sleeping bag tacked to the frame inside and a thick bitch to,no light leaks and done,i could smell my weed ,i opened that door and shit you not,not only did it kill them all but the bitchs were brown ready to smoke hahahh,pissed off ,so dont think your the only one hahahh

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i gotta tell ya friend,thats the real only way to learn,no shit you want do it again ,i cant even begin to think of stuff i screwed up,here one ,bought a 16 bulb t5ho three switchs,i had the like on in georgia in that 10 ft long 4 ft wide closet jumping,had 6 plants in there in veg,figured out you cant plug the light into a gfci outlet,i use them to throw that switch instead of breakers,so rewired it,finished up tired and sick of working in there,left that bitch 4ft above the canopy with all 16 bulbs,2 being uvb bulbs went my ass to bed and when i woke up,when i walked in the room before opening closet with sleeping bag tacked to the frame inside and a thick bitch to,no light leaks and done,i could smell my weed ,i opened that door and shit you not,not only did it kill them all but the bitchs were brown ready to smoke hahahh,pissed off ,so dont think your the only one hahahh
Oh god that gave me a laugh... Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom