High Co2 Ppms When Lights Are Off.

• Thread starter ChiefnJoeBlo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ChiefnJoeBlo

ChiefnJoeBlo

I'm using an Atlas2 co2 controller in a sealed room. When I enter room right before lights come on my controller is reading in the red ppms of 2500 ppms+. I haven't noticed any adverse effects on my girls but I'm nervous of future problems arising from too high of concentrations of co2 at night. Any help or suggestions would be Greatly Appreciated!! Is this something I should be concerned about or is this completely normal?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

im very new at co2, but I did research for 6+ months before diving in.

my findings state co2 is useless at lights out. when lights out, the plants are in o2 mode, lights on co2 mode. on my blueprint bdac2 controller, when I look at my controller at lights out (this is probably 9hrs lights out), my co2 reads -14,205 ppm. imo, its a waste of using precious co2 when the lights are out.

ChiefnJoeBlo

ChiefnJoeBlo

The Atlas 2 has a photocell that turns off co2 when lights are off. Plants transpire co2 when lights are off that's the reason for high ppms. My question is how high is too high at night. And will it affect the plants from using o2 properly at night. Should I evacuate at night to reduce levels or this is typical in tightly sealed rooms and I'll be just fine?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

my bdac2 is also a photo cell and only activates the regulator when lights are on. co2 will diminish after the regulator is turned off after a period of time, which leaves me to believe you have a leak at the tank/regulator. I may be totally wrong, but that's my guess. I don't go over 1500ppm when lights are on, as that's the only time plants utilize co2 absorption.

I use a dual hose a/c inside the room. it does suck out some co2, when running as proof from my walls and flooring being sucked in a tad. which I don't mind at all, as a refill is only 20.00 in my area and I have a back up tank, so I always have a full tank. this is why my unit reads a negative ppm reading after xx amount of hours at lights out. I cant compare a room with another a/c type (mini-split) that doesn't have a neg pressure when running, as ive yet to read about this scenario until now.

theres a couple co2 guys that ive been pm'ing for tips. one has helped me in my co2 thread, but I cant remember his name.

G gnome

G gnome

Yeah, somethings not right....ur co2 shudnt be 2500 w lights out. Im usjn an ol school fuzzy logic controller on a timer. Plants only use co2 in the process of photosynthesis and that only occurs when the lights are on.

When my timer for my co2 is off at night the co2 levels drop to normal (450ppm)

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
im very new at co2, but I did research for 6+ months before diving in.

my findings state co2 is useless at lights out. when lights out, the plants are in o2 mode, lights on co2 mode. on my blueprint bdac2 controller, when I look at my controller at lights out (this is probably 9hrs lights out), my co2 reads -14,205 ppm. imo, its a waste of using precious co2 when the lights are out.
Fact!!!!

cannabeans

cannabeans

Just a guess...
At what time does your controller stop emitting co2? Because if your room is fill at 2500 ppms before the light go out , then this could explain your elevated night levels...
When I first started using co2 I had read something that Ive used since..
My timer cuts power to my co2 regulator approx 1 hour from lights out. This gives the plants time to use whats in the room before going to sleep...Thus less co2 waste. In the opposite of things, My timer starts the regulator back up about 1 hour before the lights come on bringing the levels back up to daytime levels.
Hope this helps.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Put thread sealant tape on the tank threads and make sure you use a washer 1x 2x max. I just ordered 30 online this am as local grow shops don't sell them

C

Chance Last

I'm using an Atlas2 co2 controller in a sealed room. When I enter room right before lights come on my controller is reading in the red ppms of 2500 ppms+. I haven't noticed any adverse effects on my girls but I'm nervous of future problems arising from too high of concentrations of co2 at night. Any help or suggestions would be Greatly Appreciated!! Is this something I should be concerned about or is this completely normal?
I am having exactly the same issue only i have the atlas 3 which allows me to set high at 1500 high 1350 low. As soon as lights kick on,the air obviously has to kick on which is definitely leaking right out my "sealed room" Not to be a smart ass bc i definitely am far from a know it all but is your sealed room set up to circulate the air when ac is on and cooling room? Because its not as easy as i thoughtit would be sofar

C

Chance Last

The negative pressure is draining my tanks and i am trying to find help on how to get this ran thru to my return and back into the room. Just suck at ac and could use any good advice or knowledge on this matter also. APPRECIATE THOSE WHO TAKE THE TIME TO HELP A FAIRLY NEWBIE AT THIS! ANY ? OR ADVICE PLEASE REPLY ANYTIME. I DO CHECK REGULARLY

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

My dual hose ac sucks room air out also. I can physically see my walls/floor sucking in, plus I can see the ppm numbers on my controller go down a bit. I'm still getting 9 days of 1500 ppm (fuzzy locic setting ) in a 8x12x6.75' room at 12/12. Which is pretty good from what people have told me for having a dual hose ac. A mini split is ideal, but not applicable how u have my room built.

sixstring

sixstring

Cant really use a portable ac in a sealed room effective.your going to waste co2 all the time.im with the others who said maybe your regulator is leaking.if you turn off co2 an hour before lights out and it still reads 2500ppm the next morning something aint right.or your room has so many plants in it they are creating this build up.plants release co2 during sleep times.but as gnome said your levels should be closer to normal.try to get your levels down to around 800ppm one time before lights out then check it again just before lights on and see if it at least doesnt rise from 800 but it should be down around 350 to 450.alot of guys will exhaust a few times during the night cycle to keep things in check.if your co2 is that high im sure your rh is way up there also,not good imo.but plants can handle super high co2 levels no problem

ChiefnJoeBlo

ChiefnJoeBlo

Cant really use a portable ac in a sealed room effective.your going to waste co2 all the time.im with the others who said maybe your regulator is leaking.if you turn off co2 an hour before lights out and it still reads 2500ppm the next morning something aint right.or your room has so many plants in it they are creating this build up.plants release co2 during sleep times.but as gnome said your levels should be closer to normal.try to get your levels down to around 800ppm one time before lights out then check it again just before lights on and see if it at least doesnt rise from 800 but it should be down around 350 to 450.alot of guys will exhaust a few times during the night cycle to keep things in check.if your co2 is that high im sure your rh is way up there also,not good imo.but plants can handle super high co2 levels no problem
I added an exhaust and intake that turns on for three hours when lights first go off then again for three hours before they turn back on and no more issue. My room is as sealed as possible with a dedicated 5 ton split system cooling it. No air loss in room at all a 20 lb co2 bottle will last 7-8 days. I think the room just held on to the 1500 ppm it's got when lights on then mixed with all the co2 the plants off gas at night. Air changes at night fixed the problem.

ken dog

ken dog

Plants need fresh oxygen at night... And during the day as well for that matter.

You should always allow fresh air in at proper intervals... Perhaps get a humidity meter, and as soon as the humidity rises above 55%, the humidity meter will activate a fan and purge your room of high humidity, and let fresh air in at the same time.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Plants need fresh oxygen at night... And during the day as well for that matter.

You should always allow fresh air in at proper intervals... Perhaps get a humidity meter, and as soon as the humidity rises above 55%, the humidity meter will activate a fan and purge your room of high humidity, and let fresh air in at the same time.

then how do us totally sealed room guys get away with not doing any air exchanges? my only air exchange is when I open my flower room door. which is maybe 5-10x at most per day, in and out quickly.

ken dog

ken dog

then how do us totally sealed room guys get away with not doing any air exchanges? my only air exchange is when I open my flower room door. which is maybe 5-10x at most per day, in and out quickly.
Just because it is working, doesn't mean it can't work better.

Personally, I never open my room... Except when lights are on for a couple of moments.

C

Chance Last

Isn't there a way to somehow loop the cool air from room w/co2 and bring it back with the Ac also? I did that way with a buddy before but he did all that attic work and I WISH I HAD LEARNED IT! Would be really helpful now! ANY A/C guys know how to run out and connect into return or is this depending on where return is in home? THANKS AGAIN! Just going to focus on cooler room for now but by next I'm hoping for a 1500 ppm co2, Room avg. 72-76 and r.h. 40-60 %.. I know everybody has different opinions but this is what my goal is

XxTheWolfxX

XxTheWolfxX

you can put your co2 controller on a timer and shut off co2 a hour or two before lights go off, you can also vent out the high levels of co2 15 minutes before lights go out. High levels of co2 at night is not good, at night plants need O2 and co2 sinks to bottom and displaces the o2 your plants need. 2500ppm is very high for even when lights are on which leads me to believe you have a leak, use a new nylon washer and make sure your fittings are snug maybe some teflon tape for your threads and make sure your co2 regulator is working properly as well as the light sensor on co2 controller. This could be very dangerous for not only your plants but for humans as well if you had a bad co2 leak.

Top Bottom