High, from Edmonton

• Thread starter TheForSaken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheForSaken

TheForSaken

Hey y'all
Haven't been a member of any grow forums since way back when overgrow, icmag, cannabis-world were around,10 years plus. So thank you for making this platform available!
Always was a ebb & flow sea of green type of guy but now that we're allowed 4 legally figured I'd try something a little out of my comfort zone.
Currently have 4 plants growing on my back porch, in 55 gallon drums, coco/perlite mix. Seem to be doing fairly well. They recently broke the 5' mark so things are looking decent. No doubt gonna have to built these guys a greenhouse in order for them to finish this far north.
Anyways enough of that, I may make a grow diary in the proper forum.
Just a quick hello, and a thank you for having me.
Regards
TheForSaken

High from edmonton
S

SnowshoeJoe

Welcome brother. I am super curious to see how you do outside up there. I imagine you can get frost pretty early.
I'm on South Vancouver Island and have to deal with rain in September and October.
I already saw leaf with powdery mildew. I've had these outside since the 1st of May. They're over waist-high at this point. I always shoot for knee high by the 4th of July LOL

20190615 164919
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Gotta LOVE those long daylight hours this time of year! I did some work for Bell Canada many moons ago and enjoyed walking around at 11PM with plenty of light. It actually made it hard to sleep because as soon as the sun set, it started to rise again!

TheForSaken

TheForSaken

Gotta LOVE those long daylight hours this time of year! I did some work for Bell Canada many moons ago and enjoyed walking around at 11PM with plenty of light. It actually made it hard to sleep because as soon as the sun set, it started to rise again!
I grew up at latitude 42°, recently moved to Edmonton latitude 53° so I agree with you 100%. Summer days are long here, thinking flower won't be getting triggered till mid September me thinks.

20190622 200309
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
While the days are long as hell now, they shorten very rapidly up there. By August the sun will be up for hours less and will probably trigger flowering quicker than you think. Maybe. In northern Ontario, the daylight is similar, but by mid august, it's getting dark by 8 pm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom