High from NRI

• Thread starter 401redrum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vince vega

vince vega

Hello People. Happy for Mass but I'd like to know if anyone wants to chime in on the caregiver situation that is coming soon when the laws take affect. These caregiver rules are ass. As far as I can tell they expect dispensaries to grow their own and for almost nobody allowed to grow for themselves. Even the financial hardship exemption looks dicey as they are going to force dispensaries to sell poor people cheap bud. RI seems to have the much better caregiver rules.
I'm looking fwd to some discussion and hope that I'm wrong.

masshole61

masshole61

This fucking state sucks!!! They aren't going to let us grow! How can they make money off that? Nope, everyone has to go to the dispensaries who will grow "substandard (there's that word again) " meds. You don't have to try as hard when the competition is limited.

Minkus

Minkus

This fucking state sucks!!! They aren't going to let us grow! How can they make money off that? Nope, everyone has to go to the dispensaries who will grow "substandard (there's that word again) " meds. You don't have to try as hard when the competition is limited.
I don't necessarily think dispensaries will have "substandard" meds, to be honest. I think they're going to be recruiting good growers considering that there will be competition between dispensaries.

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

I'd really love a job as a plant tender . I wanna work the gardens. If there's any dispensaries opening in the MA i d love to work for you :)

Minkus

Minkus

I'd really love a job as a plant tender . I wanna work the gardens. If there's any dispensaries opening in the MA i d love to work for you :)
It's definitely a whole different ball game. Sure one plant grows just the same as the 100's of other plants, but growing in a closet or a basement vs. a commercial grow is certainly going to require people with a different sort of expertise, I think a lot of the Master Growers are coming from out of California. Those that are using in-house people are definitely going to be a little worse-off when it comes to actually running a commercial grow, I think.

d420dool

d420dool

For real im ready to get to work, i already work at a plant nursery a couple acres big, im tryin to get my boss to look into us growin,, but prolly never happen, reall wanna be part of the industry

Minkus

Minkus

For real im ready to get to work, i already work at a plant nursery a couple acres big, im tryin to get my boss to look into us growin,, but prolly never happen, reall wanna be part of the industry
I mean in terms of growing in MA, you've got to have the political capital and the $$$ to pay for all the fees, lawyers, and the entire setup. A few places even tried to petition so that they could have climate-controlled greenhouses that utilized still utilized sunlight and got shut down by the DPH. A bunch of guys started buying up grow equipment and scouting locations after Medical passed because they were going to "grow and just sell it to dispensaries" like they heard people do in California, not realizing that this is MA not CA and the rules for Medical are pretty strict here. The DPH watches everything, seed to harvest, which I suppose is good in some cases since they're ensuring that the cannabis isn't getting sprayed by PGR's (and the crazy pesticides that end up creating super-mites and the like). But still, yeah. The state of MA has everyone involved in the Medical Cannabis Industry by the nuts.

d420dool

d420dool

O damm ya ur on a difrent level than me dude I just wanna be like a master gardeners right hand man, but someday ill kno how to open up a big one cuz my bosses r teachin me all the dos and donts of planting and nurseries and the $ involved, keep us posted dude and let me kno what happens im a stones throw from mass

Tnelz

Tnelz

We have been under ground so long I don't even care. I mean I'm in hopes we open up for recreational use in the next year or 2 and that would change things. I have no personal wish to be a huge commercial grow and as long as you aren't trying to be scarface the law isn't going to bother you. Doesn't mean I don't feel the current situation is bullshit. I Def do. But the laws aren't going to make a bit of difference to those of us that have already been doing it for years. I'm on the med side of things for the most part. I'm Def non profit cuz I certainly don't make any profit. Lol. Make enough to pay what it costs me to run and the rest gets to the peeps that need it. Just lost one though. My dad. Sorry that's not relevant. Anyway there will be opportunity for growers and tenders once they get rolling. Things need to get going first so I believe a few years from now restrictions will become less stringent. Here's hoping!

B

blaze 1

plain and simple we need both big regulated grows and caregivers ..but lets be real tho mass is by far the most crooked state in the country their dragging feet getting all the ducks in a row so by the time its all set every penny will be squeezed out ..Then we get to see years later when everything comes to light how much money was stolen just like the big dig these pencil pushers are in there glory with this

Tnelz

Tnelz

plain and simple we need both big regulated grows and caregivers ..but lets be real tho mass is by far the most crooked state in the country their dragging feet getting all the ducks in a row so by the time its all set every penny will be squeezed out ..Then we get to see years later when everything comes to light how much money was stolen just like the big dig these pencil pushers are in there glory with this
True Story!

vince vega

vince vega

Blaze is deff speaking he truth. It's a shit-show. I've read the rules. It doesn't make sense. I'd like to hear from even one person who is growing legally. I need to move to RI...

Calixylon

Calixylon

Just move to Maine, Im 25 min from Mass, NH. and about 1.3 hr from RI

A

AlterEgo860

yup.. they are just squeezing out every penny before it goes legal. so the med guys are fucked.. its corruption at its finest. I say.. NO MED CARD. GROW YOUR OWN.. if you get caught.. TAKE IT TO TRIAL.. especially if your HONESTLY growing only for your consumtion !!! fuck that shit.. I had them take me off the med card list as they wouldn't approve me of hardship! FUCK THEM.

Junk

Junk

Anyone tried the dispensaries that are now open? How is the product?

It's weird because I see a lot of people from states all over, complaining about the quality of the dispensary's product. For the short time we were allowed to go to Maine, the Maine Wellness Center grows top notch meds.

I'm curious how Mass is fairing...if anyone knows.

Top Bottom