High Hopes In A Tiny Tent. Gimme A Hand To Win

• Thread starter McNaughty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
McNaughty

McNaughty

Hi Farmers, hope ya all doing well..

Growing in a little 50cmX50cmX100cm tent in the bedroom cupboard, bonus is the room has air conditioning.

Using coco and canna classic nutes with drain to waste.
Lighting is everyones favourite.. blurple hahah a Meihzi "300w"

So here we go, i decided to put the baby tent to use as a clone station..
High hopes in a tiny tent gimme a hand to win
Guess I managed to get some roots haha..
High hopes in a tiny tent gimme a hand to win 2
So the problem is, due to temperatures outside of my control i can't use my bigger tent (2mX2mX2m) yet..
High hopes in a tiny tent gimme a hand to win 3
So the decision was made to up pot a few and see if I can't have a successful harvest in the baby tent..
High hopes in a tiny tent gimme a hand to win 4
Question is what to do with the clones that didn't make the cut.. I can't bring myself to murder them

madgrower

madgrower

Hi Farmers, hope ya all doing well..

Growing in a little 50cmX50cmX100cm tent in the bedroom cupboard, bonus is the room has air conditioning.

Using coco and canna classic nutes with drain to waste.
Lighting is everyones favourite.. blurple hahah a Meihzi "300w"

So here we go, i decided to put the baby tent to use as a clone station.. View attachment 858115 Guess I managed to get some roots haha..
View attachment 858116 So the problem is, due to temperatures outside of my control i can't use my bigger tent (2mX2mX2m) yet..
View attachment 858117So the decision was made to up pot a few and see if I can't have a successful harvest in the baby tent..View attachment 858118Question is what to do with the clones that didn't make the cut.. I can't bring myself to murder them
Give them to a friend or keep them in a well lighted room

McNaughty

McNaughty

You are going to have to off a few of them regardless of making a cut... your tent will not hold much..one or two plants...
I did figure i had overloaded the tent, do you think if i flipped them to flower now that they would just grow a single cola each?

I'm just waiting on the weather to get better before i can use the big tent in the shed..
20190223 195108
Also does this look like something i should be concerned about??
20190223 195144

Nugg

Nugg

Yes you can switch now,as they are you'll have more then one cola...and yes you need to get a handle on your issue you are having.cant say what it is because I know nothing...

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Better pics of the plants you are having issues with along with more details about your setup, grow medium, nutrients, ph values, etc will help us diagnose the problem.

In many cases uppotting helps with minor issues if they are getting root bound.

Other typical problems are a lack of magnesium or phosphorus. However many times the medium or nutrients you are using has enough of them, the problem actually lies in the delivery system. So adding more is not usually the problem but rather the plants inability to utilize whats already there. Many times this is due to ph, or overloaded nutrients.

For example having too much iron in your water may cause certain elements to get locked out. Your growing medium may have gotten overloaded with iron if your tap water has a high iron content. I've recently run into this myself and the best course of action is to fix the problem so it doesn't reoccur vs adding more nutrients or additives to your plant that it won't be able to absorb and then possibly locking out other vital elements.

So with that being said we need a lot more info before we can figure this out. But the best places to start is your water, growing medium and nutrients in that order.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I did figure i had overloaded the tent, do you think if i flipped them to flower now that they would just grow a single cola each?

I'm just waiting on the weather to get better before i can use the big tent in the shed..View attachment 858128Also does this look like something i should be concerned about?? View attachment 858129

Phosphorous deficiency. But i dont grow in coco and i am not sure why its so advanced. Put up all grow info amd im sure someone will have a suggestion.

McNaughty

McNaughty

Thanks for the knowledge guys, appreciate it.

As for garden specs so to speak:

1 - Growing out clones of Jack Herer + Mamma Mia

2 - Clones are approximately 6 weeks old

3 - Plant height approximately 30cm

4 - Drain to waste system in 100% coco

5 - Nutrients are Calimagic, Canna Classic veg A+B and Flower A+B and pk 13/14 for later

6 - Nutrient PH i aim for 5.8 - 6.1

7 - EC of my tap water is 0.2

8 - Nutrient solution between 0.5 - 0.8

9 - Nutrient solution temp around 24 Celsius

10 - Nutrient mix is made daily or every 18 hours, EC sits steady

11 - PH does drift up by .1 after a day

12 - Zero foliar feeds or sprays. Occasional accidental drip here and there no doubt

13 - Lighting is a Meihzi "300w" blurple led. Can't remember the actual draw w

14 - Light is approximately 50cm - 60cm away

15 - Tent is 50cm wide*50cm deep*100cm high. I think that converts to 2.6 square feet.? Then again few beers and some good smoke has me doubting my conversion skills

16 - Temperature drifts between 23c - 27c Humidity drifts between 55% - 80% though usually stays around the high 60 low 70 area

17 - Zero insects noticed. The mother plants did have fungus gnats that was sorted a well before the clones were cut. Still hang yellow sticky traps as a precaution

18 - Experiance, let's just say i have a black thumb..
This will be my third grow in coco.

Any advice and feedback is always welcome.
Cheers

McNaughty

McNaughty

Better pics of the plants you are having issues with along with more details about your setup, grow medium, nutrients, ph values, etc will help us diagnose the problem.

In many cases uppotting helps with minor issues if they are getting root bound.

Other typical problems are a lack of magnesium or phosphorus. However many times the medium or nutrients you are using has enough of them, the problem actually lies in the delivery system. So adding more is not usually the problem but rather the plants inability to utilize whats already there. Many times this is due to ph, or overloaded nutrients.

For example having too much iron in your water may cause certain elements to get locked out. Your growing medium may have gotten overloaded with iron if your tap water has a high iron content. I've recently run into this myself and the best course of action is to fix the problem so it doesn't reoccur vs adding more nutrients or additives to your plant that it won't be able to absorb and then possibly locking out other vital elements.

So with that being said we need a lot more info before we can figure this out. But the best places to start is your water, growing medium and nutrients in that order.
That's actually a really good point about what is actually in the tap water. Just seems my local council aren't keen on making it easy to get the reports, its something i had thought about before..

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Again i dont know coco except for reading and online.

But at 6 weeks .5 to .8 ec may not be enough fertilizer for the strain or conditions.

I would think taper up the feed a bit at a time. If those were in a medium like promix. I guess i would be up to about 1.0-1.2 ec by now.

Like to taper up through stretch and peak blooming while they need more and then back down as they ripen and need less.

Lets hear an experienced coco opinion!

McNaughty

McNaughty

Again i dont know coco except for reading and online.

But at 6 weeks .5 to .8 ec may not be enough fertilizer for the strain or conditions.

I would think taper up the feed a bit at a time. If those were in a medium like promix. I guess i would be up to about 1.0-1.2 ec by now.

Like to taper up through stretch and peak blooming while they need more and then back down as they ripen and need less.

Lets hear an experienced coco opinion!

Thanks for the advice mate.
I was feeding a little higher the last week and noticed some slight tip burn so I backed it off but maybe i was hitting them too hard too early..

Any experienced coco growers want to weigh in?? I'd really love a successful harvest this time

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You shouldn't need to use Calmag since you already have .2ec starting water. One charge at the beginnng of the grow maybe but that's it. If its canna coco you shouldn't need it because it comes pre buffered.

At those temps and humidity I would use 1ec total combined of your starting water and base nutrients.

McNaughty

McNaughty

You shouldn't need to use Calmag since you already have .2ec starting water. One charge at the beginnng of the grow maybe but that's it. If its canna coco you shouldn't need it because it comes pre buffered.

At those temps and humidity I would use 1ec total combined of your starting water and base nutrients.

I was originally using the calimagic on the first two grows but was led to believe that it wasn't needed due to my tap waters ec and apparently the canna nutrients take into account the calmag issue, so I did stop using it for this run..

The brand of coco isn't canna unfortunately as where i live its not readily available so I wonder if that is part of my issue.. I do pre rinse the coco with a mild calmag and nutrient solution as it does have a high ec right out of the bag.

I'll start to bump up the feed over the next few days, hopefully that helps..

Cheers for your advice and quick replies @Dirtbag @MIMedGrower @Nugg @JWM2 @madgrower

Top Bottom