High humidity issue with Anden

• Thread starter EMC2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EMC2

EMC2

My room is 10x12x9. I run 5 gal pots, about 16 plants in there across two tables.

Recently added an Anden A95. I had some issues with it sampling air on start up but I ended up hooking it up directly to my iPonic and fixed that.

My issue is, when the Anden kicks on, the humidity will spike up. I have my iPonic set to dehumidify at 56%. After the Anden kicks in (@57/58%), the humidity will run up to 68-71% before finally coming down to my range below 56%. Rinse and repeat. Its about a 12-15% range where it spikes up then down.

Does anyone know how to remedy this?

I have 4x 16" fans at canopy level aimed down a bit for air flow. A 3-ton mini split currently set at 75 deg. Running all ThinkGrow LED. I know the LED contribute to the problem as they don't give off enough heat but this high ass humidity is new. Currently feeding every 3 days in coco. I'm aiming for daily feeds but thats out of the question until I get my humidity in check. Plants are a bit of a jungle right now on day 13, will be heavily defoliated in a week which should help with humidity.

I'm thinking of adding an exhaust vent that turns on alongside the dehumidifier. Thoughts on that?

EMC2

EMC2

How long does it stay above 60%?

few min then gets back to my range. My issue is that when the dehue kicks on, the humidity will rise 10-15% first. Then it will slowly go down to 52-54. Iā€™ve been talking to Anden about it and they say air flow issue but I donā€™t believe it. Room is small with 4 16ā€fans on wall and a 20ā€ floor fan.

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

Dehumidifier probably frozen. Look at intake fins. Maybe turn it off and defrost if it is. Sucks but has to be done

Madmax

Madmax

Id prolly try the iponic at 40% then it can run up to the 55% ..you least have it under control this way..

Dronefreak

Dronefreak

I'm having the same issue with an Anden 95.

Tons of air movement but still getting a 12+ % swing in humidity from set point.

I'm using the Anden wall humidistat for control.

I am convinced it's compressor delay which is set by Anden to protect the compressor. If you listen to the humidifier closely you can hear just the fan turn on first, then roughly 3 minutes later the compressor kicks in. It then takes another couple minutes for the refrigerant to get cold enough to start condensing. All the while your humidity is rising way past your set point. šŸ¤¬

So basically unless there is a way to adjust the compressor delay I think 10+ % swings are inevitable.

EMC2

EMC2

Dehumidifier probably frozen. Look at intake fins. Maybe turn it off and defrost if it is. Sucks but has to be done

Its not frozen- it works. Just heats up the room, spikes humidity, THEN it starts dehumidifying.

EMC2

EMC2

Id prolly try the iponic at 40% then it can run up to the 55% ..you least have it under control this way..

Thats actually a great idea. Thanks max. I dropped set points by about 8% and even though its still spiking, at least its not hitting high 60's anymore.

EMC2

EMC2

I'm having the same issue with an Anden 95.

Tons of air movement but still getting a 12+ % swing in humidity from set point.

I'm using the Anden wall humidistat for control.

I am convinced it's compressor delay which is set by Anden to protect the compressor. If you listen to the humidifier closely you can hear just the fan turn on first, then roughly 3 minutes later the compressor kicks in. It then takes another couple minutes for the refrigerant to get cold enough to start condensing. All the while your humidity is rising way past your set point. šŸ¤¬

So basically unless there is a way to adjust the compressor delay I think 10+ % swings are inevitable.

Yesss this is exactly my issue as well. I was running it independently at first, which according to the Anden peeps, it will sample the air for the first 3 minutes and then kick in the compressor if the sample shows higher humidity than set point. Anden told me to hard wire it into my iPonic so my iPonic sensor dictated the humidity levels. That worked to a degree - the Anden would kick on when the iPonic told it too and didn't bother with an air sample first BUT it didn't fix the humidity spikes. I had better humidity control with a stand alone 70-pint LG unit that I bought from Home Depot. Really disappointing to spend $1200 on a commercial unit only for it to be terrible.

EMC2

EMC2

Update. Changed iponic setting down 8% for my ranges. Humidity still spikes a bit but maxes out at 60% so that should help the last month of F. May lower it even more in coming weeks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom