High ppm run off. Help meeeeee

• Thread starter Jameskins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jameskins

Jameskins

So I am using a brand that nobody likely has ever used or heard of. Its called G.E.T power. I've been using 4ml per liter like the feed schedule says. With all the nutrients it puts me around 900ppm. They recommend a ph of 5.7 for some reason. Anyways...I did a run off test and my ppm was at like 5000!!! My plants seem healthy. I did a big flush and got the ppm down to about 800. But I cant get the ph up past 5.7. Their nutrients when added to R.O water with a starting ph of 7.5 drops to exactly 5.7 every time. My first question is are my plants not eating? Am I flushing nutes they don't want? And second. How the heck do I get my soil ph up? I cant figure out how to. I flushed with ph 6.5 water and cannot get the ph up. First run off test with high ppm my ph was 4.8. One I got the ppm down it went to 5.7 but won't go up. Ugh! Posted a pic of the nutes and the grow. This is my first grow

High ppm run off help meeeeee
High ppm run off help meeeeee 2
BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
That soil looks pretty fluffy. I would let them dry out until the pot is very light and totally saturate the growing media with feed water. Make sure the pots are totally running off when you do so. Going forward, make sure there is 20-25% runoff when you feed and water. This will help balance pH and EC.

Jameskins

Jameskins

That soil looks pretty fluffy. I would let them dry out until the pot is very light and totally saturate the growing media with feed water. Make sure the pots are totally running off when you do so. Going forward, make sure there is 20-25% runoff when you feed and water. This will help balance pH and EC.
Ok great! I'll give that a try. I was only feeding 2L each because i was worried about root rot. Never had run off from feeding. I believe ill need more like 5-6L per plant to get a decent run off. They are in 5 gallon fabric pots. Thank you for the help :) happy farming

Jameskins

Jameskins

Ok great! I'll give that a try. I was only feeding 2L each because i was worried about root rot. Never had run off from feeding. I believe ill need more like 5-6L per plant to get a decent run off. They are in 5 gallon fabric pots. Thank you for the help :) happy farming
P.s the soil is fluffy cuz I added a handful of soil to each container. Adding water was making sort of a crater in the middle of the pots.

Top Bottom