High Temp magnetic spin bars

• Thread starter CanCritter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CanCritter

..New member …..lottsa good info here...looking for a leed on high heat magnetic spin bar...thanx kindy

Dan789

Dan789

Curious what application are you envisioning? Welcome to the farm btw.

C

CanCritter

thanx kindly for the Welcome
...is for a shortpath 2L set up....took a cpl days to figure out what was up with magnets croakin...170 Celsius + and they were diein so we had to raise temps
wana keep temps low...was up as high as 280C at one point...have most stuff sorted but gotta find Stir bar for a higher temp than 170C..this way l can try and keep temps down to 230C or there abouts under vacuum..
.just need to sort out temps and vacuum
...believe l saw some tables in here somewhere but believe l should not have to go higher than 230C in regards to some stuff lve read here...

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

You should never be running your spd mantle higher than 195-200c set temp for the mains.

Sounds like your vacuum is not too great. Under 200 microns is ideal. Under 100 is great. Under 50 and tour king.

Look for a rare earth spin bar. That will solve your issues. I still use the elcheapo ptfe coated spin bars w/o any issues. I have 10+ spd runs under my belt.

C

CanCritter

thanx..weve got a cpl runs and are finally dialing things in...on your 200-50 micron...was that a typo or did you mean hg or am l missing something here.?...we can get our vacuum down to -30...bear with me on my terminology ..on a steep learning curve here..😉

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

We go by micron for vacuum, vs hg. And the lowest possible vacuum is key. No vacuum leaks, a capable vacuum pump, recirculating heater or your diy version, and a vacuum gauge to see what's going on during your run.

What vacuum pump are you using?

If you like, shoot me a dm and we can chat more.

Top Bottom