High Times Ad Rep Pinched in Pot Sting

• Thread starter logic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Matt Stang was among 42 people arrested in New York and New Jersey on Friday for allegedly running a multi-million dollar marijuana operation. Stang has sold advertising for High Times since 2003.
MattStang.jpg

Among the other big fish reeled by the Feds were Kareem Burke (middle in photo), who co-founded Roc-a-Fella Records with Jay-Z and Damon Dash, and Geovanny Rodriguez Perez (right in photo).

"They dominated the wholesale marijuana market in New York for 20 years," claims Homeland Security agent Jim Hayes. "They grow the pot, they ship it up north, they sell pot and send the money back to South Florida."

The Feds seized $1 million and 177 pounds of weed. Stang and the others were charged with conspiracy to distribute 1,000 kilos of marijuana. If convicted, they could receive sentences from 10 years to life in prison.

Stang (left in photo), whose title at High Times is Senior Advertising Representative, was known as "Magazine Guy" to his cohorts. He was at last month's Stony Awards in Hollywood

blazedahaze

blazedahaze

Damn bro running shit for 20 years.. New York is going to be on a pot shortage now!!

L

lifecycle

US is so fucked up..how do you take away someones life for growing plants?

420king-MASSES

stories like this make me tighten up my security[ie tighten the circle ] or throw in the towel life in prison for cannabis is bullshit

S

SolidGold

there are a thousand wannabe tony montanas in the boroughs that have been waiting for this day to have a chance to step up. i doubt a bud shortage will hit the area, this shit happens all day, every day in the dope game. you guys know that...

one man falls, 5 are ready to take his place. ain't no thang, mang...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Homeland Security was in on this? Yay, PATRIOT! We the People were promised PATRIOT wouldn't be used for drug busts. The American people swallow.

S

Swerve

Manny Perez was NYC puff or uptown haze he created the strain and sent it out I know all the above and am kinda stressing right now as I was chilln with then oh 4 months ago. Holy fuck!!! I hope the rest of the home r ok. Wow. And by homeland security and ice with some help by dea WTF

420king-MASSES

Manny Perez was NYC puff or uptown haze he created the strain and sent it out I know all the above and am kinda stressing right now as I was chilln with then oh 4 months ago. Holy fuck!!! I hope the rest of the home r ok. Wow. And by homeland security and ice with some help by dea WTF

hey swerve man please be safe now that you say you were with them homeland sec using patriot act against mj we all got problems now be safe man we need good genes out there and your one of those dudes my dude

Illmind

Illmind

That pinch is gonna definintely sting. But these dudes had 177 p
s. That's enough to supply a block in NY. Seems like a lot of indictments are being handed down lately. It must be that time of the year. That's like number 6 this past month.

K

Karma Genetics

:confused0054:
Would this change anything for the HTCC ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom