• Thread starter JayBee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
HI All-

Just had a bumper crop that will last me at least 6-12 months and need to figure out how to keep it. I have read all that i could find on the subject and seems that glass airtight jars in dark room temp space is ideal.

My problem is that i live in the tropics and unless i keep a/c running all the time any room will get hot eventually. Especially if i go away for a little while.

Soon I will be going abroad for 6 weeks and want to put the jars into my big safe. Safe is dark and 50-60% RH, however temp is about 28 degrees C.

Putting budz into freezer or fridge is a security risk for me.

Will keep them in my safe that is near steady 28 degrees be ok for at least a few months?

Thanks y'all!

JB

K

keenstylie

i think you'll be fine dude. just get the nugs as dry as you can, burping the jars daily every few hours until just about all the moisture is out.By burping i mean open the mason jars and move the buds around. If you make sure everything is dry, you wont have to worry about mold or anything. I personally like my bud very dry. So yes a dark semi cool place in a jar is fine, just MAKE SURE ALL THE MOISTURE IS OUT!

L

likeakite

Is burying it an option? We bury it here in the midwest and find that the temp stays an even 50 deg all the time. Even in winter, if you make sure to bury it below the frost line it stays about 40 deg.

We use a 5 gallon bucket with a lid that seals well, and also wrap the bucket in a plastic garbage bag...mainly just to keep the bucket cleaner. Bury it so the top of the bucket is about a foot below the surface. good luck,

S

SeenTheLight

Hi Jaybee - You have a quality problem there mate! I agree that as long as your stash has been sufficiently burped/dried beforehand you should be fine.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
thanks for the feedback y'all. will be going in the safe and hopefully will be ok for 6 weeks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom