Highland Oaxacan Gold S1s?

• Thread starter British_Hempire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

British_Hempire

Hiya folks

A friend recently acquired some authentic Highland Oaxacan Gold beans and sadly only two germed, and both were female. They are beautiful plants, very similar but one has green stems, the other purple. There is no male, but we're keen to preserve this rare beauty.

So I'm going to self both phenos and make S1s. If folks are interested, I'll make a lot of them, if not, just a few for preservation.

So what do you folks think? Would you like to see some H.O.G. S1s?

E

edelephant

do it!!! the oaxacan gold is a classic smoke, even amongst the s1s there should be some good keepers.

B

British_Hempire

I'd much prefer to have a H.O.G. male, but hey, you can't have everything, and I'm happy to have a female. I've got tro rootedclones of each pheno, so I'll turn one of each into mothers and flower the other two, one at a time and get busy spraying them with CS.

ConceptOfSleep

ConceptOfSleep

I think this is a great idea Hempire!

Keeping great landraces like that going is a great project to undertake, and I know I and many others would LOVE to be able to grow some H.O.G. S1s.

Please keep us updated on the progress of your project!

:happy:

B

British_Hempire

Ideally, the H.O.G. could be preserved fully, but in the absence of a male or any more seeds, selfing it is the only option. I'm also going to do some outcrosses.

P

ProGroWannabe

I'd love to have some of those as well. To be honest though, it'll have to wait till after the outdoor harvest. So I'll cross my fingers and see if there are any left once I'm able to buy them.

And might I say, thanks for your generosity with these!!

C

Coughee Brotha

bh>>> sounds awesome! i have a side project goin with my purple crosses goin on, have two different landrace strains i picked up in calcutta and bombay(cant really remember which of the two). they the only ones i use to cut down the flowering time on my baby....... id be really interested to get my hands on some h.o.g., so more power to ya! lets see em!

B

British_Hempire

No worries herby, they will be available in about 6 months so stay tuned! There will be HOG hybrids too, probably Blueberry x HOG and Purple Afghan x HOG

H

herby

Nice!! I was just reading the thread about the PA. That mom was beautiful!!!!! Looking forward to seeing how all those PA x's come out.. Keep up the good work!!!

H

hazyfontazy

keep it up mucker :cool:
operation pac nearly completed and looking like a total domination ,

B

British_Hempire

keep it up mucker :cool:
operation pac nearly completed and looking like a total domination ,

Yeah man, that's what I like to hear, got load of testers of some other crosses with the same male out to folks including a friend in Hawaii who is running them outdoors under glass so we should see some serious exploration of their potential there. We will be seeing some grow reports on thcfarmer shortly I hope. The feedback I've had on one line from a couple of UK growers is very positive, both selected females as long term keepers which pleases me a lot and report good degree of uniformity with all females being at least excellent, the best shit-hot. With feedback like that I'll definitely be using my selected cuts from that line in some future work, it particularly pleases me as it happens to be my personal favourite smoke of all the stuff I've grown in the last few years.

Some new clones have just reached my hands from a friend, I'll not say exactly what for now but I have a very intriguing new Kush type and a 6 week wonder that I'm told yields huge and the line is very uniform -- they grow like clones, an old classic that's no longer available, just letting them recover from the stress of many miles in the boot of my car before putting them into flower in a few days. Something else really special has just arrived from a friend in the US too and is occupying pride of place in my propagator so there is lots of R&D going on here at the moment, both with LEDs and special genetics.

Got a load of new pictures of some outdoor beauties to upload tomorrow, one of our muckers is really pulling out the stops at the mo, he hasn't got a camera but I snapped a load of pics today to show the international brethren a taste of what's going on in the UK.

oOBOULDEROo

oOBOULDEROo

Your purple afghanXH.O.G. sounds amazing, as well as the s1 H.O.G. Hope all goes well with them, good luck.
Would be cool to grow some real sexy mexi, it seems like most of the brick coming in now is some sort of hybrid. Not the high flying buzz with fits of laughter that it use to be around ten or so years ago:(

B

British_Hempire

The PA x HOG will be a few months yet. I already crossed the PA to my El Yucateca Mexican which should be a really nice hybrid. Pa x El yuc seeds will be available in the next couple of weeks.

U

Ulysses

That's the one I've been waiting for-- PA x Yuc!!!

Ought to be a real nice plant...

B

British_Hempire

No problem man, the HOGs are vegging, I have two different phenos, I will hit them both with PA pollen before too long.

Top Bottom