Hippy Moms Old Seeds

• Thread starter Diane11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Diane11

Diane11

Hey guys!! So a couple of you may remember me mentioning seeds that belonged to my Mom that are more than 30 years old!! Well, I'm sorry I don't have great pics, but I wanted to show you guys how it's looking..from top angle. I don't know if you'd need to see the whole plant to tell or if anyone can tell at all... But any ideas of what this could be? Sativa?/Indica? I know they have certain looks lol. I just don't know em! Hahaa. And how does it look? Do the leaves look normal or alittle prickly like? Whatever it is, can't wait to try it!!!

Hippy moms old seeds
Last edited:
MeJuana

MeJuana

A whole plant photo wouldn't hurt plus I am curious to see the whole plant now :) It looks fairly healthy you over fed at one point but again a whole plant photo would help. We also need to know how long did you veg them for if at all and what were your lights for veg and what are your lights for flower. Need to judge plant height and look for traits. It seems probably Indica
sativa-indica-690x450.jpg

MeJuana

MeJuana

By the way you should clone that plant in case it is an extinct strain or something you never know. A bubble cloner can be made extremely cheap, fish tank air pump, cheap light proof container and some holes on the top. You can clone in flower also it will grow roots then under 18/6 or 24/0 lighting it will revert to veg.

Diane11

Diane11

A whole plant photo wouldn't hurt plus I am curious to see the whole plant now :) It looks fairly healthy you over fed at one point but again a whole plant photo would help. We also need to know how long did you veg them for if at all and what were your lights for veg and what are your lights for flower. Need to judge plant height and look for traits. It seems probably Indica
sativa-indica-690x450.jpg
@MeJuana I will take some more pics in the morning. Idk why I didn't really make a journal for this plant, (being a newb and inexperienced, I guess) just when fed,what fed, etc... They vegged for about a month and a half under a 23w CFL, they are now in week 3 of flower and are under 600w hortilux HPS bulb
By the way you should clone that plant in case it is an extinct strain or something you never know. A bubble cloner can be made extremely cheap, fish tank air pump, cheap light proof container and some holes on the top. You can clone in flower also it will grow roots then under 18/6 or 24/0 lighting it will revert to veg.
yes! I didn't do that with my Hawaiian Until after 3 months of vegging, so with this one, I put it into flower sooner to check for sex. I definitely want to revert and put back to veg and I NEED to get on that. ;) I guess in my mind I was thinking eh it's probably crap lol, but yeah you're right, you never know what I could have :)

Diane11

Diane11

Good morning fellow wake & bakers!! So here is a couple more pics of the plant from my Mom that @MeJuana asked for :) I lollipopped the shit out of it simply for the learning process as I am more into learning basic & different techniques and why they are done than trying to just get a bigger yield in the end. (FOR NOW) lol. Anyway,... Here's a couple pics :)

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I would not revert at this point, just take a flowering clone and revert it or wait til after harvest. You are close enough that you can see what's what here in about 3-4 weeks. Looks promising I must say, and it looks like an early hybrid to me

Diane11

Diane11

I would not revert at this point, just take a flowering clone and revert it or wait til after harvest. You are close enough that you can see what's what here in about 3-4 weeks. Looks promising I must say, and it looks like an early hybrid to me
@sanvanalona ok awesome! That was actually what I was going to do, cut one and switch it back to veg ... (Making a home for my clones now so I can to that already) lol, Thank you for the input and WOOHOOOO!!!! I LOVE to hear that it's promising!!! :) :) :)

MeJuana

MeJuana

Yeah I mean to take a cutting and reveg the cutting if it was unclear. I think it's Indica and anything with that few bud/node sites is generally a sign of a really good strain. Otherwise you don't grow a strain with only a few node sites. It could have just been a double reject but chances are it is something great.

Diane11

Diane11

Yeah I mean to take a cutting and reveg the cutting if it was unclear. I think it's Indica and anything with that few bud/node sites is generally a sign of a really good strain. Otherwise you don't grow a strain with only a few node sites. It could have just been a double reject but chances are it is something great.
@MeJuana ya I got ya about the reveg if I was unclear too, lol. I meant that yes I definitely want to "keep'r go'in" lol. Ok, well that news is great news!!! Thanks for your input and advice.... Can't wait to tell you guys how she comes out! :)

keiksweat

keiksweat

Hows that little hippy chick coming along?more pics would be great.cheer's n good luck...keiks...

BudBogart

BudBogart

I don't say much, but really enjoy following the course of your moms seeds. You are doing a good job.

Diane11

Diane11

Hows that little hippy chick coming along?more pics would be great.cheer's n good luck...keiks...
Hello @keiksweat :) my hippy chica is doing just fine, thanks so much for asking! I've been wanting to give you guys an update too so thanks for pushing that into gear for me:) Here are some pics I just took, different angles, different color backgrounds in the house, sorry bout that! I hope you enjoy and some feedback would be great! ;) Thank you!!

Diane11

Diane11

:love2:
I don't say much, but really enjoy following the course of your moms seeds. You are doing a good job.
@BudBogart thats very sweet of you to take the time and tell me that! I appreciate you all more than you know!! I posted pics (lots) of my baby girl and want to hear your feedback,(if u want, heehe) thank you so much!!!
Hahaa, it's crazy to know that THESE plants are because of meeee! What a great feeling, especially when you're new and in a group like this that tells it like it is:love2: feeling really good these days thanks to my girls..... No lie! They took me right out of a depression slope!! Best meds in the world!! :)

keiksweat

keiksweat

:love2:
@BudBogart thats very sweet of you to take the time and tell me that! I appreciate you all more than you know!! I posted pics (lots) of my baby girl and want to hear your feedback,(if u want, heehe) thank you so much!!!
Hahaa, it's crazy to know that THESE plants are because of meeee! What a great feeling, especially when you're new and in a group like this that tells it like it is:love2: feeling really good these days thanks to my girls..... No lie! They took me right out of a depression slope!! Best meds in the world!! :)
growing is a medicine all by itself.takes away all my anxiety just being in the tent. Cool pics bye the way.she's small but looks amazing.excellent job.you should be proud.

Diane11

Diane11

growing is a medicine all by itself.takes away all my anxiety just being in the tent. Cool pics bye the way.she's small but looks amazing.excellent job.you should be proud.
Yes just being in the tent!! I also have anxiety but I don't when I'm with my girls:) yes, she's a small plant, but I did manage to grab a cut to revert last week, so I'm hoping I did I right and their happy, I DO see some new growth as they are starting to veg again, thank goodness!!! I almost didn't do that and she is the smelliest one I have! Very excited & So glad I did, lol! Thank you for checking in, that's awesome!!!

Diane11

Diane11

I love busting beans... especially old stock! Nice thread!
Thank you @altitudefarmer!!:) gosh, when my mom gave me those sooooo long ago, I didn't have a clue at all what to do with em, so I saved them!!! NOW, I have a better idea, and had NO IDEA at the time what she was actually GIVING me!!! Crazy.... And so rewarding! Appreciate it:happy:

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

any update on them,sure look like the old jamacain from the day,its a hybrid looks indica dom,but ive seen them buds before,should be almost done by now

Latest posts

Top Bottom