Hlg 550 v2 r spec or the HLG-600H V2 R-Spec DIY Kit - 620 Watt

• Thread starter Xan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Xan

Xan

Hello I zeroed down to 1 of these lights , I have a 4x8 tent . The Hlg 550 v2 r spec 480 watt or the HLG-600H V2 R-Spec DIY Kit - 620 Watt ? Will the more wattage of the diy hgl 600h give me better growth and larger yield or should i go with the 550?
I can only get 1 now and will be getting a second with in a few months, I also have an es300 to go with it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hello I zeroed down to 1 of these lights , I have a 4x8 tent . The Hlg 550 v2 r spec 480 watt or the HLG-600H V2 R-Spec DIY Kit - 620 Watt ? Will the more wattage of the diy hgl 600h give me better growth and larger yield or should i go with the 550?
I can only get 1 now and will be getting a second with in a few months, I also have an es300 to go with it.
Same light more wattage for cheaper and both dimmable. 600 hands down the only reason to go with the more expensive 550 is it's certified.

greenscholar

greenscholar

Both dimmable yes but 600 doesn't come with dimmable ballast, so you'd have to buy a different one.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Both dimmable yes but 600 doesn't come with dimmable ballast, so you'd have to buy a different one.
Mine did....

Hlg does too. Are you sure your not talking kingbright or Chinese ones?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah very well could have been bro

I thought some of them have a screw rather than an actual dimmer knob. Sounded cheesy like these whole diy looking builds all do for $700 or more. For that money they should have a waterproof chassis in my opinion.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I thought some of them have a screw rather than an actual dimmer knob. Sounded cheesy like these whole diy looking builds all do for $700 or more. For that money they should have a waterproof chassis in my opinion.
Some do but not the 600 or 550.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Lol. Another couple hundred off and they will be competetive with everyone elses new stuff.

What a killing he made not actually building a lamp and selling it for such high $$$.

Blame the prices on riu led hobbiests from his advertizing thread there and rich investment growers in colorado.

MountainBudz

MountainBudz

Lol. Another couple hundred off and they will be competetive with everyone elses new stuff.

What a killing he made not actually building a lamp and selling it for such high $$$.

Blame the prices on riu led hobbiests from his advertizing thread there and rich investment growers in colorado.
What is a better priced alternative to HLG?

BigCube

BigCube

Yeah HLG, Spyder and all those "name" brand fixture manufacturers that are just rebranding quantum boards for almost double the price.. makes me wish I was less honest. Lol

You could buy kingbrite or any of those other no name branded QB's, rebrand it to something like "Lumanex" or "Overpar", something catchy that sucks people in to buying.

I would sell them on Amazon, since there arent many decent priced quantum boards for sale there now. And I would make mine a good 50 to 80 dollars cheaper than mart, spyder, HLG and all them. But spec the same, or better in some cases.

Lol, but I'm not that kinda guy.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

What is a better priced alternative to HLG?

I have not purchased an led yet but looks like you can get the same components for half price from kingbright or dozens of other alibaba venders.

Personally i dont want a bare board with an open driver on top in a garden.

BigCube

BigCube

I have not purchased an led yet but looks like you can get the same components for half price from kingbright or dozens of other alibaba venders.

You can just rewire the driver to outside the garden. Many of the boards are water proofed. But yeah I hear you, hlg, spyder, kingbrite, they all have the same design. It isnt very well designed or planned. It almost strikes you as Micky mouse lol.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah mine is outside my grow space. Less heat and no moisture that way

That should be optional not to avoid an electrical fire or even just to protect the driver of a grow light.

They sold you a third of a lamp. Just the innards. And you helped them get away with it.

Its the cheesiest shit I have seen perpetrated on weed growers yet.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That should be optional not to avoid an electrical fire or even just to protect the driver of a grow light.

They sold you a third of a lamp. Just the innards. And you helped them get away with it.

Its the cheesiest shit I have seen perpetrated on weed growers yet.
Mine was a kit so it was optional. I talked to the guys where i bought it from and they included the extra wiring to do so and also prewired everything except that connection at the fixture so i could just cut the wire to the length I wanted. It wasn't HLG but a vendor that carried them.

Not following the third of a lamp?

MountainBudz

MountainBudz

Mine was a kit so it was optional. I talked to the guys where i bought it from and they included the extra wiring to do so and also prewired everything except that connection at the fixture so i could just cut the wire to the length I wanted. It wasn't HLG but a vendor that carried them.

Not following the third of a lamp?
I dont think he likes that the drivers are exposed and would like for them to be enclosed. But that requires a fan in there and I personally like the open concept. If it was cheap Chinese stuff, then I would be worried about fires but I think they are very safe as is.

Top Bottom