Hlg 600r first time led

• Thread starter Onemorecast
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Onemorecast

Onemorecast

Hey guys, lots of good info on this site! I just picked up an HLG 600R and am currently into the second week of flower with it. What a difference from and HPS or metal halide so far with the light intensity. Still learning how to dial in these leds but that's half the fun. The plants were definitely shocked a little bit from it and started to develop deficiencies. I am running the light at 17-20k lux as per my phone app. Not sure how far up the dimmer is turned but a little more then half way I think with the light sitting 36" above. Just wanted to share what I am experiencing so others can compare and possibly figure some stuff out. Mag and Phos look like they are deficient, I think I had been under feeding them prior to flowering under the t-5 lamps. I was overwatering and have corrected that. The plants don't use as much water under the leds it seems. They are starting to come back around but still have some work to do! Last feed was 630ppm at 6.4 of bloom, micro, aminos and humic/fluvics into Pro Mix HP.
Hlg 600r first time led 5
Hlg 600r first time led 6
Hlg 600r first time led 7
Hlg 600r first time led 8
Hlg 600r first time led 9
Hlg 600r first time led 10
Hlg 600r first time led 11

Hlg 600r first time led
Hlg 600r first time led 2
Hlg 600r first time led 3
Hlg 600r first time led 4
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey guys, lots of good info on this site! I just picked up an HLG 600R and am currently into the second week of flower with it. What a difference from and HPS or metal halide so far with the light intensity. Still learning how to dial in these leds but that's half the fun. The plants were definitely shocked a little bit from it and started to develop deficiencies. I am running the light at 17-20k lux as per my phone app. Not sure how far up the dimmer is turned but a little more then half way I think with the light sitting 36" above. Just wanted to share what I am experiencing so others can compare and possibly figure some stuff out. Mag and Phos look like they are deficient, I think I had been under feeding them prior to flowering under the t-5 lamps. I was overwatering and have corrected that. The plants don't use as much water under the leds it seems. They are starting to come back around but still have some work to do! Last feed was 630ppm at 6.4 of bloom, micro, aminos and humic/fluvics into Pro Mix HP.View attachment 1094792View attachment 1094793View attachment 1094794View attachment 1094795View attachment 1094796View attachment 1094797View attachment 1094798
Have the hlg 600v1. You can get up to about 45k on 18/6 if you have everything dialed in. They definitely can hog up the nutrients with the switch from HID to LED. Probably see they use more cal, mag, potassium and nitrogen?

Plants looking great

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

Have the hlg 600v1. You can get up to about 45k on 18/6 if you have everything dialed in. They definitely can hog up the nutrients with the switch from HID to LED. Probably see they use more cal, mag, potassium and nitrogen?

Plants looking great

That's awesome man! You definitely know your stuff. I think your right it looks like they are needing all of them. I was almost wondering if I had a cal toxicity but I'm not sure. Its been quite a long time since I have grown indoors. It's been fun learning everything again!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That's awesome man! You definitely know your stuff. I think your right it looks like they are needing all of them. I was almost wondering if I had a cal toxicity but I'm not sure. Its been quite a long time since I have grown indoors. It's been fun learning everything again!
Usually a cal tox will show in micros and mag deficiency and yellow tips... much like the very very start of a potassium deficiency before it runs down the leaf edges.

I see a slight P deficiency but that's really common under LED indoor. A dose of P a week before flip solved it for me.

They may like a touch more nitrogen but not for much longer after stretch they do better with a bit less

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

Usually a cal tox will show in micros and mag deficiency and yellow tips... much like the very very start of a potassium deficiency before it runs down the leaf edges.

I see a slight P deficiency but that's really common under LED indoor. A dose of P a week before flip solved it for me.

They may like a touch more nitrogen but not for much longer after stretch they do better with a bit less

Awesome thanks a lot! Appreciate your insight. I was only giving them 260ppm or so nutes so they were under fed going in unfortunately. These gals are a learning experience for sure. I have some King Louis og, badazz and og #18 seeds for next round. Hopefully get it dialed for them 🤙

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You do have some leaf hooking on the plant in the last pic that looks like a little too much N. Can't be sure. Whatever, N deficiency might not be that last plant's problem.

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

You do have some leaf hooking on the plant in the last pic that looks like a little too much N. Can't be sure. Whatever, N deficiency might not be that last plant's problem.

There is definitely some clawing going on. It was a lot worse but still hasn't left the big lanky one. The tall one is definitely over watered. I screwed up and didn't lift it to see the weight before I watered again. I assumed it was light like the other 2. I won't do that again haha! I have been battling the 2 of them since they went into the 5 gal pots.

growsince79

growsince79

Hey guys, lots of good info on this site! I just picked up an HLG 600R and am currently into the second week of flower with it. What a difference from and HPS or metal halide so far with the light intensity. Still learning how to dial in these leds but that's half the fun. The plants were definitely shocked a little bit from it and started to develop deficiencies. I am running the light at 17-20k lux as per my phone app. Not sure how far up the dimmer is turned but a little more then half way I think with the light sitting 36" above. Just wanted to share what I am experiencing so others can compare and possibly figure some stuff out. Mag and Phos look like they are deficient, I think I had been under feeding them prior to flowering under the t-5 lamps. I was overwatering and have corrected that. The plants don't use as much water under the leds it seems. They are starting to come back around but still have some work to do! Last feed was 630ppm at 6.4 of bloom, micro, aminos and humic/fluvics into Pro Mix HP.View attachment 1094792View attachment 1094793View attachment 1094794View attachment 1094795View attachment 1094796View attachment 1094797View attachment 1094798
I don't know about anyone else, but one thing I've noticed while making the switch is if I put the HID to close the plants let me know right away with no harm done. With the LED the plant looks fine until it's not fine a day or two later.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Imo the clawing isn't nitrogen... its a transpiration issue. Not seeing the tight clae at the tip bit rather the whole leaf

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

I don't know about anyone else, but one thing I've noticed while making the switch is if I put the HID to close the plants let me know right away with no harm done. With the LED the plant looks fine until it's not fine a day or two later.
I have noticed that as well. I'm 36" from my plants right now give or take a few. Running about 2/3 power I'd say.

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

Imo the clawing isn't nitrogen... its a transpiration issue. Not seeing the tight clae at the tip bit rather the whole leaf
Thanks Aqua Man. What do you think I can do for it? The humidity was low 40% or so for a while in veg from my house. But I've put a humidifier in front of the intake and have been keeping it 60-65% and them temps 78-81.

Screenshot 20210222 154259 Govee Home
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks Aqua Man. What do you think I can do for it? The humidity was low 40% or so for a while in veg from my house. But I've put a humidifier in front of the intake and have been keeping it 60-65% and them temps 78-81.
That looks great and no humidity spike after lights out.

What media mix are you in?

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

That looks great and no humidity spike after lights out.

What media mix are you in?

This was the cycle the last 2 days. The light just went off and I did turn it up a little today and just noticed I did hit 82f. I'm in straight pro mix hp no amendments. They ended up vegging way longer then I wanted waiting to get the light. They have been going since the first week of November, so they are fairly mature. I added the net to pin them down as I only have 6' of height to work with.

Screenshot 20210222 191300 Govee Home
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Those temps are fine. I would think watering a little to often... not to much but to often.

Last edited:
Onemorecast

Onemorecast

Those temps are fine. I would think watering a little to often... not to much but to often.

Ok great thanks. I did give them a gal each right at the start of flower which was way too much. I just gave them 1.5 liters each and will wait until they are drooping a bit or the pots are light. The tall one is heavy so it is badly over watered. Totally my own fault. I don't want to foliar feed them now that they are in flower either.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok great thanks. I did give them a gal each right at the start of flower which was way too much. I just gave them 1.5 liters each and will wait until they are drooping a bit or the pots are light. The tall one is heavy so it is badly over watered. Totally my own fault. I don't want to foliar feed them now that they are in flower either.
Imo there is no problem watering that mix to fully saturate and get good runoff... especially with synthetic nutrients... but always forst thing when lights come on to give them time to uptake before lights out. Then let em dry back well before watering again. Only let em droop if you need to learn how far to go before watering. For a healthy plant in the right pot size this should be 2-3 days.

If you over dry media may compact and have issues fully saturating it again. That mix has pretty good drainage and is great for growing. It's a balancing act but I would say underwatering is much easier on the plant to recover from

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

Imo there is no problem watering that mix to fully saturate and get good runoff... especially with synthetic nutrients... but always forst thing when lights come on to give them time to uptake before lights out. Then let em dry back well before watering again. Only let em droop if you need to learn how far to go before watering. For a healthy plant in the right pot size this should be 2-3 days.

If you over dry media may compact and have issues fully saturating it again. That mix has pretty good drainage and is great for growing. It's a balancing act but I would say underwatering is much easier on the plant to recover from
Thanks man! That's what I was trying to do with the 1 gal watering was make sure it was all saturated but didn't get a drip of run off. Every time before that I tried they would act like they were over watered like they didn't like a lot of water for some reason. It's been really weird and can't quite figure it out. I don't usually have issues with watering but I am with these plants for some reason. They always seem to not like it. I've tried r/o, distilled and my well and they all act the same no matter which water I use. The clawing all started when I transplanted them into the 5 gal cloth pots from 3 gal plastic. Just can't seem to get the clawing to disappear

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

I am using the same light. I love it. This is from 29 days since flip. I am feeding mine pretty heavy with Nectar of the God plus some extras. I had to upgrade to a 6inch fan because the light does give off alot of heat.

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

I am using the same light. I love it. This is from 29 days since flip. I am feeding mine pretty heavy with Nectar of the God plus some extras. I had to upgrade to a 6inch fan because the light does give off alot of heat.
Looking awesome man! I have a 6" 420 cfm as well and have it just over half way on a dimmer. I'm in a 4x4x6' tent and 36" off the net. How close is your light?

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Looking awesome man! I have a 6" 420 cfm as well and have it just over half way on a dimmer. I'm in a 4x4x6' tent and 36" off the net. How close is your light?
Started around 40, they hVe bedn under this light the whole time. Now its between 24-30 with it turned all the way up. I turned it up gradually though. It seems real happy, this is my first indoor grow though😄

Top Bottom