Hlg 600r first time led

• Thread starter Onemorecast
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks man! That's what I was trying to do with the 1 gal watering was make sure it was all saturated but didn't get a drip of run off. Every time before that I tried they would act like they were over watered like they didn't like a lot of water for some reason. It's been really weird and can't quite figure it out. I don't usually have issues with watering but I am with these plants for some reason. They always seem to not like it. I've tried r/o, distilled and my well and they all act the same no matter which water I use. The clawing all started when I transplanted them into the 5 gal cloth pots from 3 gal plastic. Just can't seem to get the clawing to disappear
That leads me to ask are you temp adjusting the water? If using cold water can make em pissy for a while... water about 5f cooler than room temps and always first thing after lights on.

It's normal for them to droop for a while after you first water... like I say that media should have no problem being watered until runoff. I would suggest looking at @MIMedGrower thread... he has a lot of experience with this media and can probably pick some some really good info there... its gonna be a long read but the info there will be invaluable. Everything from pot sizes and how when to uppot etc.

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

Started around 40, they hVe bedn under this light the whole time. Now its between 24-30 with it turned all the way up. I turned it up gradually though. It seems real happy, this is my first indoor grow though😄

That's a good way to do it and what I'm trying to do too. They have only been under it for just over a week and it's turned up about 2/3 of the way. It looks awesome so far! I would suggest cleaning up the dead leaves incase of mold starting if it were me. Mold is a pain to deal with when you get it!

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

That leads me to ask are you temp adjusting the water? If using cold water can make em pissy for a while... water about 5f cooler than room temps and always first thing after lights on.

It's normal for them to droop for a while after you first water... like I say that media should have no problem being watered until runoff. I would suggest looking at @MIMedGrower thread... he has a lot of experience with this media and can probably pick some some really good info there... its gonna be a long read but the info there will be invaluable. Everything from pot sizes and how when to uppot etc.

Ok awesome thanks. I really don't check the temp of the water just by feel... I was thinking I should be checking the temp every time too dammit. I will grab a thermometer so I can have it at the right temp every water. I will give them a good flush next time I water with maybe 400ppm nutes until runoff? I was wondering if there was a buildup in the soil. I was using Medi One only before I started using the Chem nutes for flower last week. So they haven't had a bunch of salts yet. I will totally check out some of the threads thanks!

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

Well It was time to water and my plan was to give them a feed at 400ppm until run off to flush the medium. Boy did I open a can of worms but for the betterment of the plants! It seems I had some got soil and my runoff was 1100ppm and just over 7 ph. That would explain the sickness they were having. After about 3 hours I got them down to 440ppm and 6.45 ph with 6 gallons each of 335ppm 6.45 ph solution. I used AN Ancient Earth, Sensizyme, micro and Botanicare Kind grow for the nutrients and supplements. Really glad I did this as that was my last thing to do to correct my issues. On the shitty side I did have to chop the Black Cherry Soda that was the worst looking one. I found male organs all over it mixed in. Sucks but glad I caught it, joys of bag seed! Down to the 2 GG#4 crosses left and really hoping this gets them on track for some alright flowers. Very excited to try some breeder seeds that I have started right now for the next cycle. I've always grown bag seed, so it should be awesome.

IMG 20210224 105116
20210224 130549
20210224 130641
IMG 20210224 132359
Onemorecast

Onemorecast

The girls are looking better today after the big flush yesterday. Hoping they start looking healthy here soon! I should have given them a little feeding but the runoff was still 100ppm higher then what I was putting in so I held off. The a/c has got the temps perfect now and I am able to keep my humidity up. Not pulling air through the tent now its sealed.

20210225 111430
Onemorecast

Onemorecast

Update! Now with the a/c running in the tent my temps are perfect 79-80F and 63% avg humidity. I ended up flushing the gals again since It look to me like they were locked out of nutrients. So I gave them 15 gallons of water with AN Sensizyme at full strength at 75F 230ppm 6.3ph. The runoff was coming out at 7 ph so it had risen on me since last flush. I am guessing all the dolomite lime is activated now and doing its thing. When I was done it was running out 240ppm and 6.6 ph. The ph would not move but that's an alright range. I then gave them a gal feed of AN Ancient Earth, GH Micro and Botanicare Kind Bloom at 330ppm and 6.3 ph. They are in 5 gal cloth planters with Pro Mix HP with no amendments. No signs of overwatering which is totally awesome and they seem to be a lot happier and starting to resin up and form some decent looking buds. They are bag seed GG#4 crossed with random pollen from an outdoor grow. The stink is just starting as well! They are 19 days from the 12/12 regime started. Not expecting much but these are my test gals before the good genetics are ready! Thanks for the info Aquaman, your insight is always helpful.

IMG 20210302 084530
IMG 20210302 084542
IMG 20210302 084555
IMG 20210302 084626
IMG 20210302 084834
IMG 20210302 084843
Holeleechet

Holeleechet

If you ever do water on a lights off you need to skip your next watering and then you water the cycle after that. They are very versatile. Better underwater than over water. I had a friend bring me a raspberry couch in a milk jug dried out and the leaves were crumbling off. I gave her two gallons of water set her in the sun light and by dark she was hands up and praying to it. She now is a mother plant and brings plenty clones every year. This was her years ago but after three years of rehab vesting her she is doing great. You can water at night it makes no difference it’s actually good is your using chemical feed cause it’ll hit roots right away. It just doubles what comes back in lights in so skip a water.

D346E95D B836 4615 AADA 8B078CD8F511
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you ever do water on a lights off you need to skip your next watering and then you water the cycle after that. They are very versatile. Better underwater than over water. I had a friend bring me a raspberry couch in a milk jug dried out and the leaves were crumbling off. I gave her two gallons of water set her in the sun light and by dark she was hands up and praying to it. She now is a mother plant and brings plenty clones every year. This was her years ago but after three years of rehab vesting her she is doing great. You can water at night it makes no difference it’s actually good is your using chemical feed cause it’ll hit roots right away. It just doubles what comes back in lights in so skip a water.
Personally I just think you water when they need. If it has to be at night then so be it... but it's far better to water in the early stage of light cycle

You mean it perked up like this?

Holeleechet

Holeleechet

I usually prefer a few hours before my lights off so it’s set in the soil before they kick to lights off. With autos I’ll water them daylight or dark sometimes right before my 18 ends and 6 off starts. As long as they get water I’ve noticed it doesn’t matter really and the par and ppm levels with humidity is what matters. If you have the light power they should be able to get water every two or three days. My autos are on a 1 liter every two days and they drink it as fast as I pour it to them.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I usually prefer a few hours before my lights off so it’s set in the soil before they kick to lights off. With autos I’ll water them daylight or dark sometimes right before my 18 ends and 6 off starts. As long as they get water I’ve noticed it doesn’t matter really and the par and ppm levels with humidity is what matters. If you have the light power they should be able to get water every two or three days. My autos are on a 1 liter every two days and they drink it as fast as I pour it to them.
Thing is light drives transpiration. If it works it works.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I also have the HLG 600r, bought about a year ago when I concluded that my 120w LED wasn't strong enough for a 4x4 tent.

I tried the various free and cheap LUX meter app and meters. Drove me crazy trying to deduce PAR values, and I definitely found out how to burn my crop. I have too little space in my tent to maintain 3+ foot spacing between light and mature plants, so I have to dim the light to some degree.

Finally I just bought a $400 PAR meter, and now everything is so much more simple. Take a reading, adjust the dimmer. LED's are just a crap shoot trying to figure out the power without measuring it.

Top Bottom