HLG Blackbird vs. 7EastGenetics Purple Dragons Balls, The Kraken, and Alien BX1

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

"
??? It’s living soil no till. you can’t burn an established plant like that in living soil no Till using ro water.

Besides, if he’s using ro water, like I said ; IT STRIPS THE ROOTS OF ALL THE NUTRIENTS. Whatever nutrients in the root zone will be removed from the roots , dissolved in the water and washed away from the root zone and made unavailable.

Furthermore even if they don’t wash away if you just google “cannabis ec shock.” You’ll see feeding with 0 ec ro water is NEVER ADVISED because rapidly changing ec will make the roots UNABLE TO TAKE UP NUTRIENTS. how can it be nutrient burn if the plant can’t take up nutrients when using 0 ec water.

You do realize ec shock lockout is a thing, it’s the obvious cause of his problems, and it’s caused by using 0 ec water and will result in no nutrient up take, which results in the exact symptoms you see.

You do realize that all sorts of lockouts look the same and just blindly saying “it’s nutrient burn” when with no info the yellow leaves could be from too little nitrogen, too low ph, too high ph, too low ec,

NUTRIENT BURN IS LITERALLY “EC IS TOO HIGH.”

You literally check for nutrient burn by measuring the ec of the run off.

We are SPECIFICALLY TALKING ABOUT HIM WATERING WITH 0 ec. It’s not possible to his ec to get too high if he is watering with 0 ec. It’s absolutely safe to say that he doesn’t have too high an ec if using an ec of 0."

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

That's the same thing I was explaining to my soil friend. But lately I don't even check the ph until one day after res change. For most of this grow it has been very predictable and stable. Been lucky. And trying to do the less is better thing.

Don't be like me man. Not worth it. Check more often hah. I knew it. My damn RO ffs

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Sorry to just be catching up on the threads man. Stay positive and bring it back to basics. I think you’re on the right track going back ti tap water. Hang in there!
yo brosef hope you are well my man and thanks much for the love. I'm going to go fill up some containers with tap to let it sit out. I've got 2 gallons of Xtreme tea brewing and will hit them with a few cups each manana and then PHed Tap. That is fkin it bruh. Spotted the sneaky villain and it just took some time. The ole RO trick meh, game on meow 💪

ninjadip

ninjadip

Sorry to just be catching up on the threads man. Stay positive and bring it back to basics. I think you’re on the right track going back ti tap water. Hang in there!
Yes yes right on

If whatever worked before, go back to it. But most of all stay positive. You're a good dude 😎

ninjadip

ninjadip

Don't be like me man. Not worth it. Check more often hah. I knew it. My damn RO ffs
I still don't have any ro water. Just using city tap, a high velocity pass through rv hose filter, and butt loads of bennies and carbs for them. I don't even ph my res changes. Just go by my recipe. I don't even let my water sit or air it out before hand. I really owe it to the bennies, cause I have terrible water. Don't have any room in apartment to set up ro water.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I still don't have any ro water. Just using city tap, a high velocity pass through rv hose filter, and butt loads of bennies and carbs for them. I don't even ph my res changes. Just go by my recipe. I don't even let my water sit or air it out before hand. I really owe it to the bennies, cause I have terrible water. Don't have any room in apartment to set up ro water.
Why would you get RO water after what I've just been through? Hah not me I'm usin tap

ninjadip

ninjadip

Why would you get RO water after what I've just been through? Hah not me I'm usin tap
I've heard my tap is bad for being over 200ppm. But it's all I got so I'm very lucky it's working. Mine is between 220-250. The only pure water I use is zero filtered water for my little aerogarden thing because the res is so small/sensitive.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I've heard my tap is bad for being over 200ppm. But it's all I got so I'm very lucky it's working. Mine is between 220-250. The only pure water I use is zero filtered water for my little aerogarden thing because the res is so small/sensitive.
Naw not even close. That ppm is likely good shot your plants need. My ppm of tap is 700+ and I am chosing it over RO

ninjadip

ninjadip

No I live in like a pretty nice suburban of Scottsdale Arizona. Actually not sure why the water is so bad
That's insanely high. Could be the source of all the problems. With a source that high you will be going through filters like no tomorrow, right? Maybe something like a pre filter or two RO filters in series would help.

What do you think?

ninjadip

ninjadip

This is saying that India is saying water over 500 is undrinkable and that WHO, the world health organization has an even higher standard.

I'm curious if 700 what is even allowed in the US

Screenshot 20221110 2213022
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Wait what? @Moe.Red kind sir is this true? "You cannot ph RO water as it has no buffers. My straight RO water will make my pen go up, down and sideways trying to get a read. You need to add nutes, calmag, etc to it to give a reliable ph reading."

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

That's insanely high. Could be the source of all the problems. With a source that high you will be going through filters like no tomorrow, right? Maybe something like a pre filter or two RO filters in series would help.

What do you think?
No man I don't feed them the tap water. I bought RO because was scared to feed them tap. All along I think I should have not gotten RO and just let the tap sit out 24hr. I am gettin pretty deep into some old reddit threads and I really think there is something to the 0 EC of my RO stripping my soil and causing my problems the last 2 grows

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

This is what is showing online but not what I get when I test it

"The Scottsdale water hardness is 22-25 grain per gallon or 432 PPM and comes primarily from surface water (78%), groundwater (10%), and recycled water (12%)"

ninjadip

ninjadip

Wait what? @Moe.Red kind sir is this true? "You cannot ph RO water as it has no buffers. My straight RO water will make my pen go up, down and sideways trying to get a read. You need to add nutes, calmag, etc to it to give a reliable ph reading."
A buffer is simply adding some pH up and down until you get it where you want, if you only want water and not anything else in there. Or you could add nutes which usually has buffers. A little of both ph up and down can be a buffer.

ninjadip

ninjadip

A buffer is simply adding some pH up and down until you get it where you want, if you only want water and not anything else in there. Or you could add nutes which usually has buffers. A little of both ph up and down can be a buffer.
I should add without something in the water to stop the ph from rising and to stop it from falling it will be unstable. That's why the pH up and down combo works as a buffer. If I understand it all right. Well this has worked for me in practice

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

This was from a few pages back last week when ran some numbers. TDS of tap was 700+.

Calibrated PH60 twice. Also have rep that left me message I will call back just to ensure all my meter settings are set right.

RO Water
PH 6.05
COND 61.4
TDS 43.5
SAL .03

TAP Water
PH 5.8
COND 1010
TDS 716
SAL .5

ninjadip

ninjadip

This was from a few pages back last week when ran some numbers. TDS of tap was 700+.

Calibrated PH60 twice. Also have rep that left me message I will call back just to ensure all my meter settings are set right.

RO Water
PH 6.05
COND 61.4
TDS 43.5
SAL .03

TAP Water
PH 5.8
COND 1010
TDS 716
SAL .5
I hope they help get it sorted out. I don't know much about RO systems. Idk what that Cond variable is. Conditioned?

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I should add without something in the water to stop the ph from rising and to stop it from falling it will be unstable. That's why the pH up and down combo works as a buffer. If I understand it all right. Well this has worked for me in practice
see I don't understand that. So since RO water is 0 EC and "unstable" I must randomly add some Up or Down or Both and then test it? If this is true it is even more reason to not use RO water for the plants. Why do I want no nutrients in my water? I'm not a chemist. I'm not adding it back. This RO water with no EC would simply strip all the benes out of my soil imo. I am going to try either 100% tap water after 24hr resting or a 5050 mix with RO but this is obvious. This is an EC issue I created with the RO and I did it last grow with the chem cookies

Top Bottom