HLG Blackbird vs. 7EastGenetics Purple Dragons Balls, The Kraken, and Alien BX1

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sportyridr

sportyridr

a decent manifold and some drip lines will be about 10x cheaper than those...I almost bought them...but then I got my mind back lol

looking good but I think you need to learn some patience...good luck

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

a decent manifold and some drip lines will be about 10x cheaper than those...I almost bought them...but then I got my mind back lol

I very much agree. You mean like regular drip irrigation tubing? What do you mean by manifold? I am looking to automate or even half-automate at least 1 4x4 tent or preferably both. I am upstairs in carpeted office room and fear a plumbing disaster of sorts 😂 that usually causes me to give up thinkin about it.

Also very right about patience and likely won't be the last time I hear it. I appreciate you callin it out though. If it was in reference to transplanting before ready, yeah you are tellin me. I did almost the same thing my 1st grow. Honestly the worst thing to me is not learnin from my lessons. Straight stoner insanity. If these weren't such resilient weeds I'd have killed all 6 seedlings last night during transplant. My reasoning was that the clones were so over rooted, and that I finally had soil and everything ready, and needed to do all together rather than the clones and then wait for the seedlings to be more root established. Nope, high af and rushing to mix all soil, prep all bags, and transplant 2 clones and 6 seedlings and get them into tent 2 before tent 1 lights out at 7. Never again though. Will never use rapid rooters or peat pellets in solos, always seeds directly to solos, and I will never transplant until roots are obviously well established and ready to be up-potted.
I've got to figure this out though. I have to feed them water today for 1st time so that soil doesn't become dry and hydrophobic and I am like wtf, how much water do I even need sheesh 😯 add that I have to feed tent 1s 4 girls water today of at least 2 gals total and with a hand held water sprayer 😦 fml, again, for not planning way ahead enough

Last edited:
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Ohh manifold like the piping/ tubing that splits water to all pots? Yeahh I need to solve that part as well unless want to spend 2+ hours a day watering this damn room

sportyridr

sportyridr

I very much agree. You mean like regular drip irrigation tubing? What do you mean by manifold? I am looking to automate or even half-automate at least 1 4x4 tent or preferably both. I am upstairs in carpeted office room and fear a plumbing disaster of sorts 😂 that usually causes me to give up thinkin about it.

Also very right about patience and likely won't be the last time I hear it. I appreciate you callin it out though. If it was in reference to transplanting before ready, yeah you are tellin me. I did almost the same thing my 1st grow. Honestly the worst thing to me is not learnin from my lessons. Straight stoner insanity. If these weren't such resilient weeds I'd have killed all 6 seedlings last night during transplant. My reasoning was that the clones were so over rooted, and that I finally had soil and everything ready, and needed to do all together rather than the clones and then wait for the seedlings to be more root established. Nope, high af and rushing to mix all soil, prep all bags, and transplant 2 clones and 6 seedlings and get them into tent 2 before tent 1 lights out at 7. Never again though. Will never use rapid rooters or peat pellets in solos, always seeds directly to solos, and I will never transplant until roots are obviously well established and ready to be up-potted.
I've got to figure this out though. I have to feed them water today for 1st time so that soil doesn't become dry and hydrophobic and I am like wtf, how much water do I even need sheesh 😯 add that I have to feed tent 1s 4 girls water today of at least 2 gals total and with a hand help water sprayer 😦 fml, again, for not planning way ahead enough

Yes reg drip irrigation setup...here is what I'm currently running...12 port Dig irrigation manifold, 1/2" raindrip pressure regulator, using 3/16" airline tubing (soft n bendy :), 400 gph vivosun pump There are many diff manifolds, I researched & researched drip grows and looked at oodles getting ideas for my own set up. Just to note, what works for others doesn't mean it will work for you.

20220923 184006

As for everything else read & research, then read some more and you will find your way. It takes a while. Never used the sprayer method. I use turkey baster for seedlings, move up to squeeze condiment bottles, even used a 40 oz dawn dishwashing deterg. bottle for a while as it was just right for the 1 gal pots I was using at the time. The I found some of these screw on spouts at place where they sell some of everything...they attach to all kinds of bottles...

Noz1
Noz2

You'll get there!

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Yes reg drip irrigation setup...here is what I'm currently running...12 port Dig irrigation manifold, 1/2" raindrip pressure regulator, using 3/16" airline tubing (soft n bendy :), 400 gph vivosun pump There are many diff manifolds, I researched & researched drip grows and looked at oodles getting ideas for my own set up. Just to note, what works for others doesn't mean it will work for you.

As for everything else read & research, then read some more and you will find your way. It takes a while. Never used the sprayer method. I use turkey baster for seedlings, move up to squeeze condiment bottles, even used a 40 oz dawn dishwashing deterg. bottle for a while as it was just right for the 1 gal pots I was using at the time. The I found some of these screw on spouts at place where they sell some of everything...they attach to all kinds of bottles...

You'll get there!

hmm really good stuff man thank you. I love that drain pan you have. What size reservoir do you have outside the tent and do you seem to get solid pot saturation? Like no problem with dry spots?

sportyridr

sportyridr

hmm really good stuff man thank you. I love that drain pan you have. What size reservoir do you have outside the tent and do you seem to get solid pot saturation? Like no problem with dry spots?

Hey, I like that drain pan as well...I upgraded from the draining saucers & lines & central runoff bucket outside tent. Currently draining to small tote that slides underneath drain pan that holds about 1.5 gal. I have a small Aquaneat 80gph pump & timer to pump out the runoff after every couple of feeds to exterior 2.5 gal bucket.

Only been using a 5 gallon bucket as my res. My grow is on the 2nd floor so everything has to be hauled up 5 gals at a time. I just stay 1 res bucket ahead, my nutes are always fresh...I find this works for me but I'm here mostly all the time. I have thought about a larger res. I just have not got there yet. I don't have a garden hose hooked up to my RO system yet to run water upstairs 😆

Not aware of any dry spots with my grows using two lines per pot. Also I don't run any drippers, just str8 lines and adjust main feed line with inline valve. If further adjustment is needed I can and do add small 1/4" valves to feed line as well. I would be more concerned with watering issues from the halos due to feeding too fast from alot of vids and grower issues I've seen. Dry spotting is usually from watering too fast.

Running 2 gal fabs, bottom 1/3 to 1/2 (in the rootsone) are fully saturated after every feed as they should be until the next feed. As I mentioned in earlier post, I use a pressure regulator so no need to worry about siphoning off. That's a setup height issue which can also be solved by putting small hole in feed line where it exits your reservoir.

Sorry, a bit long winded...😎🌬️ Others have much better ideas and knowledge, maybe they'll chime in....

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Hey, I like that drain pan as well...I upgraded from the draining saucers & lines & central runoff bucket outside tent. Currently draining to small tote that slides underneath drain pan that holds about 1.5 gal. I have a small Aquaneat 80gph pump & timer to pump out the runoff after every couple of feeds to exterior 2.5 gal bucket.

Only been using a 5 gallon bucket as my res. My grow is on the 2nd floor so everything has to be hauled up 5 gals at a time. I just stay 1 res bucket ahead, my nutes are always fresh...I find this works for me but I'm here mostly all the time. I have thought about a larger res. I just have not got there yet. I don't have a garden hose hooked up to my RO system yet to run water upstairs 😆

Not aware of any dry spots with my grows using two lines per pot. Also I don't run any drippers, just str8 lines and adjust main feed line with inline valve. If further adjustment is needed I can and do add small 1/4" valves to feed line as well. I would be more concerned with watering issues from the halos due to feeding too fast from alot of vids and grower issues I've seen. Dry spotting is usually from watering too fast.

Running 2 gal fabs, bottom 1/3 to 1/2 (in the rootsone) are fully saturated after every feed as they should be until the next feed. As I mentioned in earlier post, I use a pressure regulator so no need to worry about siphoning off. That's a setup height issue which can also be solved by putting small hole in feed line where it exits your reservoir.

Sorry, a bit long winded...😎🌬️ Others have much better ideas and knowledge, maybe they'll chime in....

Wow thanks so much for taking the time and hah more long-winded the better. Because of your explanation yesterday and today, I was able to grasp enough direction that I'm ready to pull like a gang of triggers today. My woman is cool af and is tired of the time I have to spend watering the plants(and that was 1 tent with 4 plants not 2 with 12 😯) and said for the 7th time just now "I don't know what is taking you so long. I wish you would just buy everything you need" 😦
Soo I guess she is challenging me 😆 and I could go to Lowes and Home Depot and wherever the heck else I need to today, BUT I would prefer to watch my FF team win while ordering everything from Amazon if possible 😂

Last night I was doin research and I think this is what I need. Your thoughts are much appreciated and I know I am both missing things and also listing things that may be overkill/not needed.

I noticed reservoirs were pricey. Most options that seemed worth considering of 10g-15g cap, are $50+. Saw some using garbage cans which I like but I kept thinking "🤔 how do I see when let's say 1/2gal has been given to plant 2" and wanted a solution where it either has listed capacity increments or that I could draw them on and see them. Soo I was thinking since I have 8 total 5 gal water dispensers with the handle, that we use for drinking water, I will just take 2 and cut out the top and use a 5 gal PER 4x4 tent and save that expense.

Then I get a solid pump for each tent like HERE. Still trying to process how I would/could effectively just use 1 pump, while considering that I also am upstairs, in a carpeted office room that I too have to lug all water up to. I must consider that anything and everything I do in the room is on carpet so even spills are a nono. I do have a 3rd bathroom that is upstairs with sink and shower but the RO water I give to plants comes only from the kitchen. I can buy another RO system for under the sink bathroom for 125-150 but on the other hand I need the exercise carrying the water hah
Then get air pump, air stones and tubing, 1 timer, possibly 1 for each tent, thermometer for water(gets real cold in AZ and VERY hot), 1/2" poly drip hose(main line), 100 ft 1/4 RO tubing to run from main line to plants, and I was going to make my own drip rings like -> HERE with this tool -> HERE and I will also need the universal lock for end of main line and some other fittings.
Am I on the right path?

sportyridr

sportyridr

Wow thanks so much for taking the time and hah more long-winded the better. Because of your explanation yesterday and today, I was able to grasp enough direction that I'm ready to pull like a gang of triggers today. My woman is cool af and is tired of the time I have to spend watering the plants(and that was 1 tent with 4 plants not 2 with 12 😯) and said for the 7th time just now "I don't know what is taking you so long. I wish you would just buy everything you need" 😦
Soo I guess she is challenging me 😆 and I could go to Lowes and Home Depot and wherever the heck else I need to today, BUT I would prefer to watch my FF team win while ordering everything from Amazon if possible 😂

Last night I was doin research and I think this is what I need. Your thoughts are much appreciated and I know I am both missing things and also listing things that may be overkill/not needed.

I noticed reservoirs were pricey. Most options that seemed worth considering of 10g-15g cap, are $50+. Saw some using garbage cans which I like but I kept thinking "🤔 how do I see when let's say 1/2gal has been given to plant 2" and wanted a solution where it either has listed capacity increments or that I could draw them on and see them. Soo I was thinking since I have 8 total 5 gal water dispensers with the handle, that we use for drinking water, I will just take 2 and cut out the top and use a 5 gal PER 4x4 tent and save that expense.

Then I get a solid pump for each tent like HERE. Still trying to process how I would/could effectively just use 1 pump, while considering that I also am upstairs, in a carpeted office room that I too have to lug all water up to. I must consider that anything and everything I do in the room is on carpet so even spills are a nono. I do have a 3rd bathroom that is upstairs with sink and shower but the RO water I give to plants comes only from the kitchen. I can buy another RO system for under the sink bathroom for 125-150 but on the other hand I need the exercise carrying the water hah
Then get air pump, air stones and tubing, 1 timer, possibly 1 for each tent, thermometer for water(gets real cold in AZ and VERY hot), 1/2" poly drip hose(main line), 100 ft 1/4 RO tubing to run from main line to plants, and I was going to make my own drip rings like -> HERE with this tool -> HERE and I will also need the universal lock for end of main line and some other fittings.
Am I on the right path?

That gal of yours, She's a keeper man...don't let her outta your sight 🤔 😆

I'll leave the rez ideas up to you. The only time I "think" I need a bigger res is when I'm on a long stretch of the same nute mix for a few weeks at a time. DIY is the way to go and find what works for your needs. I do use only one bucket for the week and refill it but I change them out every week so always fresh n clean. I feel not so alone lugging the feed upstairs every day, nice to see there are others out there 🤣. We have no 2nd flr plumbing in this 130 yr old house 😞 but we adapt n overcome.

You could use a measuring tape on the inside, use a lighter colored bucket to where you could see lines you marked. I am using darkish green buckets and have the marks on inside & out for volume. You will also be measuring how much you feed and your runoff so your going to have a real good idea what's going on in that respect. Not so sure you can autofeed and give actual certain amounts with this setup without driving yourself nuts lol. You need adequate feed volume & runoff. You can run a few secs longer feed to make sure runoff is adequate for all plants or add an extra line for heavier feeders. You will get a feel for this.

That is the same pump I use and is good for the job. I'm running 12 lines and doesn't skip a beat, I even have the flow backed off a bit as to water slower for best saturation. You may need a bigger pump to run ALOT of lines. I'm running the basics so the more you run for this may take more power gph.

Air pump & stones highly not recommended for your res as it makes pH rise. Save that for the DWC folks. I do use a lil stir pump in the res (another 80gph Aquaneat) that comes on and runs for 5 minutes including feed time to keep things mixed. The last thing you want is to be chasing pH.

I use the Nearpow timer as it does the feed time down to seconds. Same one they rec. on coco for canna.

Yep on the 1/2" main line. You can build a riser for your manifold out of wood and attach hose to that or build riser from pvc. I used some old 1/2" hpvc I had and got a few fittings to set it up the way you see it now. B4 that I used a homemade wooden upsidedown T (2x4 bottom, 2x2 upright from scrap wood) with the main hose taped to it. Do a google image search for DWC setups, this is how I found my way with what I wanted to do and current setup.

IF you can find soft n bendy 1/4" feed line, good luck without paying a fortune. I found the 3/16" black airline tubing to be the cat's meow and the price is so right yo could discard and use new every run or two if worried about build up.

So yes you are on the right path...

The 7 East folks in your title is what got me here. These folks are from about an hour from my hometown in Ontario. Interested to watch this grow with his stuff as I have looked on and off at buying a few times.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Touchdown. From Ontario to AZ, my Dream of Rome is coming together. Dang can't say enough about 7EastGenetics hookin it up. I paid for 5 seeds of 3 strains and they sent 4 strains of 9 or 10 beans. Who does that? I mean some sort of freebie some expect but double what you bought on top of freebies? Was not expecting that and the freebie was 10 x Headstrong -> HERE 😮 🥰

5 regs of Purple Dragon Balls beans jumped into a shot glass of 1/3 RO, 1/3 tap, 1/3 h2o2 and are now sleeping for 12hr in the bathroom vanity. I probably am not going to be able to sleep tonight 😶‍🌫️
I can't order from them bc they're across the border. It's prob alright but last time I had seeds coming through customs they confiscated them. I was kinda worried.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

That gal of yours, She's a keeper man...don't let her outta your sight 🤔 😆
😂 No doubt and I won't. She is really somethin else
I'll leave the rez ideas up to you. The only time I "think" I need a bigger res is when I'm on a long stretch of the same nute mix for a few weeks at a time. DIY is the way to go and find what works for your needs. I do use only one bucket for the week and refill it but I change them out every week so always fresh n clean. I feel not so alone lugging the feed upstairs every day, nice to see there are others out there 🤣. We have no 2nd flr plumbing in this 130 yr old house 😞 but we adapt n overcome.

You could use a measuring tape on the inside, use a lighter colored bucket to where you could see lines you marked. I am using darkish green buckets and have the marks on inside & out for volume. You will also be measuring how much you feed and your runoff so your going to have a real good idea what's going on in that respect. Not so sure you can autofeed and give actual certain amounts with this setup without driving yourself nuts lol. You need adequate feed volume & runoff. You can run a few secs longer feed to make sure runoff is adequate for all plants or add an extra line for heavier feeders. You will get a feel for this.

You are not alone for sure and these next couple months should be interesting. I have extra of these HERE so was going to use some for my 2 tents. Plan to cut the tops off and make about 8-9" opening. I like that idea with the measuring tape. I was going to poor increments(1/4-1/2 gal) then mark, then another, then mark, etc.
That is the same pump I use and is good for the job. I'm running 12 lines and doesn't skip a beat, I even have the flow backed off a bit as to water slower for best saturation. You may need a bigger pump to run ALOT of lines. I'm running the basics so the more you run for this may take more power gph.
Oh good I am going to order it today. I will only have 8 lines to 1 tent and 4 to another but likely that 8 will become 4-5 once males are revealed
Air pump & stones highly not recommended for your res as it makes pH rise. Save that for the DWC folks. I do use a lil stir pump in the res (another 80gph Aquaneat) that comes on and runs for 5 minutes including feed time to keep things mixed. The last thing you want is to be chasing pH.
ooooO good catch and thanks. Will get that stir pump instead of air stones.
I use the Nearpow timer as it does the feed time down to seconds. Same one they rec. on coco for canna.

Done
Yep on the 1/2" main line. You can build a riser for your manifold out of wood and attach hose to that or build riser from pvc. I used some old 1/2" hpvc I had and got a few fittings to set it up the way you see it now. B4 that I used a homemade wooden upsidedown T (2x4 bottom, 2x2 upright from scrap wood) with the main hose taped to it. Do a google image search for DWC setups, this is how I found my way with what I wanted to do and current setup.

IF you can find soft n bendy 1/4" feed line, good luck without paying a fortune. I found the 3/16" black airline tubing to be the cat's meow and the price is so right yo could discard and use new every run or two if worried about build up.

Is this flexible considered "soft n bendy"? Any reason not to get this? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NCRMV3N/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A1BU77VE99X2YG&th=1

So yes you are on the right path...

The 7 East folks in your title is what got me here. These folks are from about an hour from my hometown in Ontario. Interested to watch this grow with his stuff as I have looked on and off at buying a few times.
Noooooooo way. That is too cool. Some cats from Havelock I believe. Guy I bought my white widow seeds last run from that lives in Lake Havasu City, Arizona has been runnin them for years and swears by them. Really trust him so said yolo and dove into the world of "regs" for the 1st time. Bit ballsy imo considering I have like 20 strains and 1-2 were regs before the 4 different 7east landed. I have the Purple Dragon Balls and Alien Dragon BX1 and want to some day be able to say I'm breeding baby dragons 😂

Hey man thanks a ton for your time and the push. Gonna pull the trigger today and make it happen

sportyridr

sportyridr

Is this flexible considered "soft n bendy"? Any reason not to get this? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NCRMV3N/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A1BU77VE99X2YG&th=1

Noooooooo way. That is too cool. Some cats from Havelock I believe. Guy I bought my white widow seeds last run from that lives in Lake Havasu City, Arizona has been runnin them for years and swears by them. Really trust him so said yolo and dove into the world of "regs" for the 1st time. Bit ballsy imo considering I have like 20 strains and 1-2 were regs before the 4 different 7east landed. I have the Purple Dragon Balls and Alien Dragon BX1 and want to some day be able to say I'm breeding baby dragons 😂

Hey man thanks a ton for your time and the push. Gonna pull the trigger today and make it happen

Haha man about the tubing...unless you have a hydro store where you can get hands on touchy feely or another grower who can rec a brand etc its just a shooting match...Trust me you do not want to deal with stiff feed lines & trying to get things to stay where you want them...

Ya, my oldest brother lived in both the Havelock & Madoc area for a time in the 90's. Also the drummer in his band had a small drum store that I bought some gear from back then. My old buddy from home knows of the 7 East guy as well....Haha...long time back lol.

Your welcome...have a good day!

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Still alive but had to make an executive decision. There were only 6 spots on the varsity team and I decided today that I chose the wrong warrior. So I swapped someone on the bench for this one that I potted that seems deformed. It's name is #4

Also ordered a bunch of auto watering stuff. I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew once again hah

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

The names of the Purple Dragon Balls are all #s. Felt like I was creating the Umbrella Academy

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

It has been said that if you turn this up and get high enough, you can actually hear me shrooming Friday night at the Khruangbin concert these guys opened for 😂 @Zombierider

Last edited:
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Purple Dragon Balls day 21. I hope they are happy because they are most likely going to be the death of me 🤣

This is #5, front right my fave so far. I don't know why

20221003 163421
20221003 163440
Top Bottom