HLG Blackbird vs. 7EastGenetics Purple Dragons Balls, The Kraken, and Alien BX1

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

are the Purple Dragon balls is that from 7 east?
yessir and next tent will be The Kraken and then Alien BX1. I felt I saw and heard all I needed to in order to take a chance. These cats breed straight fire and I above all from my 1st grow I learned one thing. If you grow you it, they will come 💪 🤗

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

The Umbrella Academy Update

I believe I have leaf tacoing on #1 and 2 but oh well. Maybe they should stop growing so fast/tall and that wouldn't happen 😂

Backed light back up to 33 from tops and turned it up a click. No idea what par, ppfd, etc but ehh one of these days. I have no idea what to look for in these 6 regs but it really doesn't matter. Acting like I would know how to hunt certain phenotypes anyway lmao who am I kidding. I will be lucky to grab any males before they pollinate both tents. I'm just a fkin duck meow, I don't sweat nada thanks to Sensei CG. It is what it is and I'm gonna do my best and have fun in the meantime. If you can't be good at least fake it as best you can 😎

20221007 112738

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Week "not sure" update.

Whelp my balls are getting bigger 🤣 fast and it is rapidly crowding in tent part deux. I'm now questioning what regrets I may have if stay the course and don't top them. I can say screw it and top them all tomorrow at 4, 5, or 6 nodes from the 1 leaf set OR completely frikkin yolo this shit and deal with height issues later if are to have them. I think this strain may lean indica but also don't know if my light intensity or lack there of created stretch with some and not others or not. Definitely all 6 are different but 3 are 18" tall and maybe just as wide.
I chopped the mimosa clones head clear off. I am not sure if will take clones from it to try to grow or if will try to grow it with the PDBs.
The weird one is the clone from the GRC x BBC. Would love to keep alive as experiment but I'm fkin exhausted need the space. Check out the strange leaf sets and patterns. Really cool actually because doesn't resemble cannabis in the least.
20221012 160133

20221012 151036
20221012 151115
20221012 151050
20221012 160042
20221012 154729
sportyridr

sportyridr

Week "not sure" update.

Whelp my balls are getting bigger 🤣 fast and it is rapidly crowding in tent part deux. I'm now questioning what regrets I may have if stay the course and don't top them. I can say screw it and top them all tomorrow at 4, 5, or 6 nodes from the 1 leaf set OR completely frikkin yolo this shit and deal with height issues later if are to have them. I think this strain may lean indica but also don't know if my light intensity or lack there of created stretch with some and not others or not. Definitely all 6 are different but 3 are 18" tall and maybe just as wide.
I chopped the mimosa clones head clear off. I am not sure if will take clones from it to try to grow or if will try to grow it with the PDBs.
The weird one is the clone from the GRC x BBC. Would love to keep alive as experiment but I'm fkin exhausted need the space. Check out the strange leaf sets and patterns. Really cool actually because doesn't resemble cannabis in the least.View attachment 1291936

Your plants look great, don't overthink everything would be my recommendation...there's always more seeds...

I've seen alot of folks come here and try to do everything they see everyone else doing all at once 🤯 I tried it for a minute (well, a bit longer) until I figured things out.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Your plants look great, don't overthink everything would be my recommendation...there's always more seeds...

I've seen alot of folks come here and try to do everything they see everyone else doing all at once 🤯 I tried it for a minute (well, a bit longer) until I figured things out.
Thanks brotha and yup you are very right about me over- thinkin, over- doin, and tail- chasin from tryin to do too many things I've seen others do. Can't wait for the 1 plant scrog challenge. That is if I can figure out how to get a seed to germ and actually grow. This Dark Phoenix aka The Chosen One is growing at a snails pace. It just doesn't seem right/good. @Moe.Red and I admittedly are on perma-team Helicopter Seedling Parent but I also popped 2 other of these beans and they for sure are not going to make it. I actually just put them in this same cup this morn because I officially give up on them but juuust in case laid them to rest in here. I am wonderin if this is related to it gettin colder and or do I want to run a plant for this challenge that is a frikken pain in the arse since birth 😂🤔☹ Hah thanks again brotha

sportyridr

sportyridr

Thanks brotha and yup you are very right about me over- thinkin, over- doin, and tail- chasin from tryin to do too many things I've seen others do. Can't wait for the 1 plant scrog challenge. That is if I can figure out how to get a seed to germ and actually grow. This Dark Phoenix aka The Chosen One is growing at a snails pace. It just doesn't seem right/good. @Moe.Red and I admittedly are on perma-team Helicopter Seedling Parent but I also popped 2 other of these beans and they for sure are not going to make it. I actually just put them in this same cup this morn because I officially give up on them but juuust in case laid them to rest in here. I am wonderin if this is related to it gettin colder and or do I want to run a plant for this challenge that is a frikken pain in the arse since birth 😂🤔☹ Hah thanks again brotha

I remember last year when they started up the one gallon challenge, guys who never had troubles with plants had troubles left & right trying to get seeds going, keep alive etc. The struggle is real at times when you just need things to happen or happen as they have in the past, then they don't.

You'll be fine, just realize that all your plants aren't going to be some monster with exceptional yield, smell growth etc. that you see online. You have to find your way that works for you, find your lane so to speak lol 🙂

I'll be spectating from over here -----> 🏡😁

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Day 36 Update

Day 36

Turns out I am greatly underestimating this cultivar. Yesterday I was in the grow room and considered going another day without feeding the plants. Then I heard "Do it and we'll consider Purple Dragon Balls across your face while you sleep tonight" 😨 sooo nevertheless I think that was the fastest I've ever prepped their meals and fed.

Still have a bit of leaf tacoin goin on but all in all they seem happy. Not sure if should do anything about the mammoth solar panels blockin rays left and right but just going to roll with it. I don't know when to flip so can try to yank the dudes in time but am thinking maybe another 7-10 days? I'd like to top dress a week ahead so I'm feelin I'm close to on the clock meow.

Hopin all yall are well out there. Keep easy and keep growin 👐

Last edited:
ninjadip

ninjadip

Week "not sure" update.

The weird one is the clone from the GRC x BBC. Would love to keep alive as experiment but I'm fkin exhausted need the space. Check out the strange leaf sets and patterns. Really cool actually because doesn't resemble cannabis in the least.View attachment 1291936
I have one on my current grow that did some weird leaves and I thought it was some "monster". Funny thing is now it's the biggest plant in the tent and has very normal huge leaves now. Idk what is going on sometimes lol

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

7 weeks since sprout update. Cut off the 8 large fan leaves per plant and feel so much better now. They were light hogs and slowin my roll imo. Will be 497th mistake is all if am wrong.

Thinkin of flipping to flower in the next day or two. Then going to whack em with some alfalfa SST 😲

With 8 main fan leaves

Without

Cross-section of Umbrella Academy Pheno #1 where can see the 4 leaf sets I pilfered

Leaf party

Thoughtful Bouquet for the Bae

Hour later 😟 "Nothing Gold Can Stay" ~ Robert Frost

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Anyone have any experience with these plastic LST clips? I am strlarting to sweat whether it is no longer good to have them on since the branches are thickening. What happens if you leave the clips on permanently? If you shouldn't then when is a good time to take them off?

Screenshot 20221027 195536 Gallery
ninjadip

ninjadip

Anyone have any experience with these plastic LST clips? I am strlarting to sweat whether it is no longer good to have them on since the branches are thickening. What happens if you leave the clips on permanently? If you shouldn't then when is a good time to take them off?
I wondered the same thing when I used them on my first grow. They got so big they grew into them and I wondered if they were constricting growth then.

This time I used them and took them off when they were about the size you are at. Before it was too late. I figured that spot is done training by that point anyway what's the benefit of leaving them?

Idk that's just my op

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

@sambapati It has begun 😯

Rinsed well
12 hr soak
Rinsed again
Soaking meow another 24hr then will rinse again and repeat until it is time to let them "hatch". Then will remove most water and let them sprout a bit, then going to blend in vitamix, strain and smack my purple dragon balls around with them a bit. Going to top feed into soil but also going to pick one to foliar with also. See if notice anything. Something tells me this might be kinda foolproof though

20221027 185724
sambapati

sambapati

@sambapati It has begun 😯

Rinsed well
12 hr soak
Rinsed again
Soaking meow another 24hr then will rinse again and repeat until it is time to let them "hatch". Then will remove most water and let them sprout a bit, then going to blend in vitamix, strain and smack my purple dragon balls around with them a bit. Going to top feed into soil but also going to pick one to foliar with also. See if notice anything. Something tells me this might be kinda foolproof though
this is a neat science experiment -- if you are making the 497th mistake -- it will probably lead to your 19th nervous breakdown. Don't throw out the water! PH it and put it on your plants. Every time I soak beans or chic peas I save the aqua fava as it helps retain water (perhaps). Yucca is also useful for that too. I'm excited for my US trip and hope to get some grow goodies that will push me over the top. People say everything is expensive....we'll just have to see. Happy Halloween

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

this is a neat science experiment -- if you are making the 497th mistake -- it will probably lead to your 19th nervous breakdown. Don't throw out the water! PH it and put it on your plants. Every time I soak beans or chic peas I save the aqua fava as it helps retain water (perhaps). Yucca is also useful for that too. I'm excited for my US trip and hope to get some grow goodies that will push me over the top. People say everything is expensive....we'll just have to see. Happy Halloween

Heya growmie how goes it? Hah yeah no doubt about the breakdowns. Yeah I wasn't very clear about the alfalfa SST plans. I measured 14 grams of alfalfa seeds. I will take the alfalfa once sprouted far enough along(thinkin 24-36 longer) and I will blend them with some water in the vitamix and then strain that real well with coffee strainer and then add that concentration to 2 gallons of RO. Yesterday I adjusted the timer for Flower mode and now am running 7-7pm vs 7-1a.m. in this tent and still 7-7 in my other. I am quite interested to see if can notice any extra growth from the use of SSTs. I don't know if this will be the only time I give them the Triacontanol this grow because I heard to be careful because you may get more stretch that bargain for. Also have heard that the stress can be too much for late in flower and you are askin for hermies. Thinkin maybe I do it just this once and see what happens. I've heard there are other seeds that you can use that are off the charts beneficial like corn. Have you tried many SSTs before? Yeah I have really wanted to pic up some yucca and likely will sooner than later. Besides other benefits the one I am after most is the sufactant properties. Ohhh comin to the US are ya? Where ya going and when ya coming? Happy Halloween as well friend, stay safe

20221030 014111
ninjadip

ninjadip

So funny, I thought I was the only one thinking about getting yucca lol

My plans were to use it in my foliar spray for its surfactant properties

Was looking at Raw brand yucca, is that the same one you guys are looking at? So much cheaper in dry form

Top Bottom