Hmmm? Whats this.... new grower help?

• Thread starter Thc.Grower20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If I remember correctly you're a former aquarist, so must know how freaking hard it is to replicate nature. That's why growing outside is easier, we've got Mother to do the heavy lifting!
Oh yeah I agree bro... Everything changes indoor... It's not even comparable and the biggest struggle is trying to produce inside what mother nature can outside.... Nevermind surpass it.

None of the variables translate over well at all. Mother nature has a plan and correction or a way to deal everything built in. Indoors almost all of that falls on the grower and it's so much more than environment. The microbiology, the light and oh about 50 million other things that we are still learning about and nature already had the answer for ever now.

Dr.B

Dr.B

This was a good read. I think these are on their way to lockout. Not too bad yet but going in that direction. PH'd water only for a while. Plants looks strong to me.

Thc.Grower20

Thc.Grower20

This was a good read. I think these are on their way to lockout. Not too bad yet but going in that direction. PH'd water only for a while. Plants looks strong to me.
Shit. I was afraid of that I'll only go with straight water. I wasnt sure if I was missing something by only using 1/4 strength nutes or it was too much. Also fresh transplant only 2 weeks old so the soil + nutes might have been too much

Thc.Grower20

Thc.Grower20

Shit. I was afraid of that I'll only go with straight water. I wasnt sure if I was missing something by only using 1/4 strength nutes or it was too much. Also fresh transplant only 2 weeks old so the soil + nutes might have been too much

What would your guys recommendation be for my following few weeks ahead?

Thank for all replies this forum is great!!

growsince79

growsince79

What would your guys recommendation be for my following few weeks ahead?

Thank for all replies this forum is great!!
My recommendation is don't mix nutes and organic. If you want to use bottles, use promix or some other inert medium. If you use FF or other super soil mixes, don't use bottles.

buddhaBudman

buddhaBudman

You can't have too much worm casting. It's like asking, can you have too much dirt? Sure it might not supply all your plant needs if you planted in 100% castings, but it's not going to fry your plant (like synthetic) if you heap it on. Throwing kelp meal would be no different then throwing cabbage on your plants (in terms of “over fertilizing”). It's just a plant.

That said just because something is organic doesn’t mean it's good or benign. You can put down wood chips and it will suck up a bunch of nutes and starve your plant. Or you could add a small amount of wood ash and your plant will be dead in the morning.

But if you think how an (ancient) forest works, it's loaded with organic matter and you'd never think, “is there too much worm poop”.
This was my intuition as well. I may have opened a can of worms a bit (no pun intended). I think what I meant about "different stories and methods", isn't so much at the microbiology level of how the cannabis processes and uses nutrients. It's more about "the story" and that story, that journey, is certainly tied up with sustainability. But it's also more importantly, about that narrative, that relationship. A relationship between the gardener and the plant. The organic route, in my opinion fosters a deeper relationship in that sense. It is more intuitive, and well, organic in how it evolves. When I said about an "aura" it's about that whole journey, which is integral to enjoying the final product. It's not that one's better. It's getting back to the core of agriculture. I will completely concede I like some aspects of synthetic indoor cultivation and I think it has it's place. I believe in science. But I'm also a romantic.

lipifarmer

lipifarmer

Over nutted, a lot of time the Dark yellow plant color is warning you are close to overnut they tell you its enough for some time, burning tips later are proofs.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

They are duped into thinking that. There is no difference between organic and inorganic nutrients... I know wtf is he talking about right... Let me explain.

So you see all these ppl don't understand that a plant does not eat organic nutrients

Clear as mud?

Not accurate at all. Is everyone playing stupid? Organic cannabis doesn't refer to carbon molecule. It refers to digestion, using the plants root as an ORGAN, a stomach, with microORGANisms. The fact the organic Cannabis has uptaken a portion of the microorganisms it cultures with its exudes means all the difference in the world. You can't get the same end product when you remove microorganisms from the equation. If you haven't noticed the difference between salt grown product and sub irrigated herb fed LAB cultured on a mineral serum, it's because you haven't grown the latter, you're too busy fighting off pests ans disease with the plant equivalent of a coma patient on an IV drip, the former.

Hydro grows, keep organics our of your mouth, all you do is make nature confusing.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Not accurate at all. Is everyone playing stupid? Organic cannabis doesn't refer to carbon molecule. It refers to digestion, using the plants root as an ORGAN, a stomach, with microORGANisms. The fact the organic Cannabis has uptaken a portion of the microorganisms it cultures with its exudes means all the difference in the world. You can't get the same end product when you remove microorganisms from the equation. If you haven't noticed the difference between salt grown product and sub irrigated herb fed LAB cultured on a mineral serum, it's because you haven't grown the latter, you're too busy fighting off pests ans disease with the plant equivalent of a coma patient on an IV drip, the former.

Hydro grows, keep organics our of your mouth, all you do is make nature confusing.

Lol. You just keep adding new “proof” to your rediculous argument.

For credibility please add a link to back up your “proof” of organic plant biology.

Otherwise please stop. ;-)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'll just pretend you didn't say that because I actually thought you had a better grasp. I think your hatred for inorganic ferts are clouding you judgment.

Organic nutrients all contain carbon. As you say the are broken down by bacteria/enzymes... Now what do these enzymes break organic nutrients down into? Inorganic nutrients... Got that? Kk good.

Soil amendments do not have carbon and are not considered organic...got that? Kk good.

What you are talking about is the benefits of the microbiology and yes there are benefits to it... But in terms of nutrients themselves, there is no difference. A nitrate is a nitrate and the plant knows nothing of the difference of the source it came from.

Im a bit disappointed man I thought you had a much better understanding.

So let's keep the manure filled dirt out the mouth please.

Top Bottom