Holes in leafs

• Thread starter Hugo32
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hugo32

Hugo32

Hi Everyone,
This is my first grow season - growing 12 Widows - 5 weeks in and all going well apart from I’ve noticed holes in 3 of the smaller leaves in one if the plants, checked the rest and all are OK.

Using 4x50w leds and 1 Viperstartar 450

Cant see any bugs - do I leave or remove the 3 leaves from the plant? Could this be burn from water inadvertently getting onto this leaves whilst watering?

Grateful for any advice, thanks

Holes in leafs
Holes in leafs 2
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hi welcome to the farm hope you enjoy the site , first off what medium are you growing in ?
OD .

Hugo32

Hugo32

Thank you - I’m growing in my loft, also using reflective screen around growing area. Using 20ltr pots.

H.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Welcome. Definitely needs 30% perlite for drainage. I don’t see any. How often are you watering? Are you letting the medium dry out completely before watering again? Are there any pests you have already been dealing with? It looks like you have a visitor chomping On your leafs. Happy grows.
Burnz

Hugo32

Hugo32

Hi welcome to the farm hope you enjoy the site , first off what medium are you growing in ?
OD .

I also used repacked compost
This ^^^^

We can't help much without knowing the details!

Sorry, misunderstood what you meant!
Maybe naively, I used pre- packed Westland multi purpose compost, don’t know the product spec buts it a nice and light allowing plenty of air to circulate ...I was careful not to contaminate with dirty pots, equipment etc..

Not bugs seen or dealt with to date and not other problems with my other 11 plants.

I water every couple of days - all have sit in a deep tray to collect run-off, using tap water with PH of 7-7.5 - it’s been very hot of late and my oft is getting very warm!

Many thanks

T

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Do you leave your plants in trays with run off in them ?

Hugo32

Hugo32

Yes, only 1cm or so once the water has soaked through the soil...any water in the tray will disappear by tomorrow and not planning on watering again until day after tomorrow- should I leave it 3 days between watering?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
If the pot is heavy when you pick them up no need to water when it light then water away .

Hugo32

Hugo32

Thanks.

Any thoughts on the holes? Do I remove them from the plant?

Could if be from water burn?? As can’t see any bugs around.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Thanks.

Any thoughts on the holes? Do I remove them from the plant?

Could if be from water burn?? As can’t see any bugs around.
That may be a possibility. However, there are pests that are usually microscopic. Have you looked under a microscope? I’m saying this because I had a pest issue and couldn’t “visibly” see any pests, until I took the underside of a leaf
To a 100x microscope and saw signs of pests and larva. Just my experience. But like onedrop said, wait until the medium dries out almost completely until watering again. Hope you resolve the issue.
Burnz

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hi Everyone,
This is my first grow season - growing 12 Widows - 5 weeks in and all going well apart from I’ve noticed holes in 3 of the smaller leaves in one if the plants, checked the rest and all are OK.

Using 4x50w leds and 1 Viperstartar 450

Cant see any bugs - do I leave or remove the 3 leaves from the plant? Could this be burn from water inadvertently getting onto this leaves whilst watering?

Grateful for any advice, thanks
Caterpillars or grasshoppers

quirk

quirk

For a definitive answer on pests, inspect your plants with a black light during dark period. Arthropods fluoresce. I use the Esco Lite. Transferred this tech from my vegetable garden to my grow room. Watch out for scorpions and black widows.

Top Bottom