Hollow purple stemage normal?? Opinions needed

• Thread starter BoostNBuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BoostNBuds

BoostNBuds

Hey guys, have an unknown strain here. I've grown it before and it was great, so of course I cloned it. The original looked like this also but it didn't feel as brittle.
I'm looking for opinions on if it's just genetics or something else. Its growing alongside healthy stardawg clones and healthy dionysus clones and they share the same nutes. Maybe I need a separate solution with a different ph? I currently shoot for 6. Thanks for reading my ramble!
-Ben

Hollow purple stemage normal opinions needed
Hollow purple stemage normal opinions needed 2
Hollow purple stemage normal opinions needed 3
MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

Hey guys, have an unknown strain here. I've grown it before and it was great, so of course I cloned it. The original looked like this also but it didn't feel as brittle.
I'm looking for opinions on if it's just genetics or something else. Its growing alongside healthy stardawg clones and healthy dionysus clones and they share the same nutes. Maybe I need a separate solution with a different ph? I currently shoot for 6. Thanks for reading my ramble!
-Ben
Hollow stems are normal for older plants but the purple isn't check the soil pH

BoostNBuds

BoostNBuds

Now one appears to be bleeding where I topped it...lol I'm confused

20210704 170030
BoostNBuds

BoostNBuds

They're in a coco perlite mix. Runoff is about 6-6.2.

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

Next question how wet or dry are they? Either one Will screw you up!

BoostNBuds

BoostNBuds

Tap, I gas it off for 24hrs and add super thrive for some macro supplement, as well as cal-mag, silica. As far as watering them, theyre fine 👍🤙its not my first time.

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

Hollow stems means you are getting excellent nutrient uptake. At any stage of growth. Means they're loving what they're getting and you're doing them right.

BoostNBuds

BoostNBuds

Well that's reassuring. The purple I'll assume is genetic. I'm pretty sure its jilly bean. I got the seed in a dispensary 8th lol.

BoostNBuds

BoostNBuds

Any ideas on the rusty looking sap? Also, product idea cannabis stem straws. Thirsty?? Save a turtle, toke a drink!

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

If you're in coco perlite, and getting purple stems, try upping your watering schedule. Coco doesn't like to dry out. @Aquaman has an excellent thread on the subject on here somewhere. Maybe he can stop by and offer some advice.

Moshmen

Moshmen

If you're in coco perlite, and getting purple stems, try upping your watering schedule. Coco doesn't like to dry out. @Aquaman has an excellent thread on the subject on here somewhere. Maybe he can stop by and offer some advice.
Aqua is on vacation just ck his threads there is one for about every thing ! Lol great info

Top Bottom