Holy anointing oil and holy shit!

• Thread starter Graywolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Graywolf

Graywolf

Hi ya’ll! We have been playing with the formula for Holy Anointing Oil, as presented in the Christian Bible’s Exodus 30:22-25. We have come up with a couple of formulas and passed them through the volunteer patient test panels, which work well and which I personally use some version of for my own daily meds.

Originally the formula would call for a perfumer boiling olive oil, water, cinnamon bark oil, cinnamon leaf, liquid Myrrh gum, and about 15 ounces of cannabis per quart, until the water was gone, straining the oil, and voile!

Any of ya’ll testing this stuff have to have realized how magical and holy it must have seemed to the folks of the time, when rubbed on pains topically and the pains just ceased to be. Not to forget that the priesthood of the time, were also the scientist and physicians.

We used virgin coconut oil for it’s constituets that pass the blood brain barrier and leave little residue as a topical, instead of the original olive oil, and used essential oil extracts from New Directions Aeromatics instead of working with raw bark and leaf.

Alas cinnamon oil has a TLV of 1% topically, so the so far optimum oral dose is not suitable for topical application. I therefore make a couple of different formulations, one for topical and one for oral.

These have all been panel tested, which means that a group of volunteer MMJ patients ranging from flyweight to high tolerance have tested them and reported the results.

On average, our high tolerance patients are about 3X low tolerance patients, though a 100% over dose with a high tolerance patient produced minimal effect, even the lowest dose sometimes left low tolerance patients incapacitated, for all practical purposes, so they should be titrated for your individual needs.

These formulas were uniformly embraced by the panel and developed a local following. They are as follows:

The local skunk pharmer’s HAOO (Holy Annointing Oil Oral).

10 grams decarboxylated BHO.
3 grams unrefined virgin coconut oil
.7 grams cinnamon bark oil
.7 grams cinnamon leaf oil
.5 grams liquid gum myrrh

The HAOT (Holy Anointing Oil Topical) formula is:

10 grams decarboxylated BHO.
8 grams unrefined virgin coconut oil
.7 grams cinnamon bark oil
.7 grams cinnamon leaf oil
.7 grams liquid gum myrrh

I also have a version that I have named Holy Shit, after modifying my oral med formula that our local group called the Good Shit, to include the HAO ingredients. It is the same as the oral HAO formula, but I also add 1 gram of concentrated cinnamon candy flavoring oil from Lor Anne Oils to improve flavor.

Bon appetite!

GW

B

boroboro

Thanks much Graywolf. Looks strong, with a 2:1 BHO:oil ratio! I've been making weak ethanol tinctures for years, but lately have been thinking of trying an oil-based recipe.

By "decarboxylated BHO" do you mean BHO that's been heated for a period of time, something like 100-150C for 1-3 hours? I remember reading a chart one time regarding decarboxylation time vs. temperature. It said that the reaction could happen as low as 100C, if given enough time, but would happen more quickly up around 150C.

Oh, question #2: What is the time till it's effective for most people? In my weak ethanol tinctures it's about 10 minutes till something in my skull says 'oh, hey, there's something coming my way', but another hour until full effects settle in.

G

greenthumbbumb

I remember reading about this on another site but dont remember anybody actually doing it, looks easy enough. Do you have recommendations for dosage?

Graywolf

Graywolf

By "decarboxylated BHO" do you mean BHO that's been heated for a period of time, something like 100-150C for 1-3 hours?

Oh, question #2: What is the time till it's effective for most people? In my weak ethanol tinctures it's about 10 minutes till something in my skull says 'oh, hey, there's something coming my way', but another hour until full effects settle in.

Cannabis will actually decarboxylate at room temperature just curing, given enough time.

I use 240F (116C) for 30 to 45 minutes, or as long as it takes to get bubble free.

The last bubbles are of course primarily turpenoids and flavoids, so cooking to bubble free is a matter of choice.

Decarboxylating happens on a curve and getting the the last bit, is probably not worth it, because it appears that while you are making THC out of THC acid, you are also converting some THC to CBN as a function of time at temperture.

When taken sublingually, I can feel the effects within about three or four minutes, with full body onslaught in about 30 to 45 minutes.

GW

Graywolf

Graywolf

I remember reading about this on another site but dont remember anybody actually doing it, looks easy enough. Do you have recommendations for dosage?

The volunteer test panels found that a low tolerance patients dose for pain is about one drop and high tolerance three drops, with one caveat.

One of the low tolerance patients was discobobulated at one drop, but a double (six drops) dose with high tolerance patients had little additional effect and seemingly was wasted.

GW

bodhi seeds

bodhi seeds

awsome work....

ive always wondered when someone would work on this stuff....

spikenard oil was also used in the various biblical annointing oils, some believe it was the oil mary magdalene anointed jesus with...

C

chickenn

there was no bho in the bible.

so comparing the two is apples to oranges.

cool recipe none the less

Graywolf

Graywolf

so comparing the two is apples to oranges.

cool recipe none the less

Comparing the effects however, are apples and apples, with the primary difference being potency and choice of oils. 15 ounces of cannabis per liter is not honey oil, but it is a lot.

I offer kudos and accolades to the ancient folks who figured out the basic formula thousands of years ago, because it sure has helped me today!!!!!

Thanks for the good thoughts! I thought it was so cool the first time I saw the one in Exodus, that I just had to try it. I predict that if you try it yourself, you will also become a fan.

GW

monkeybone

monkeybone

Bonez
Supporter

We know they had high proof distilled alcohol, and we know they have been soaking herbs for 1000's of years in it,.. maybe they made a qwiso in biblical times and mixed that with their anointing and healing oils :)

Or maybe they said fuck that and just smoked it,.. things that make you go hrmmm :character0050:

U

ugmjfarmer

I can attest to the efficacy of BHO dissolved into either olive oil along with myrrh works wonders on my carpel tunnel pain. I would be interested in changing my recipe to a full annointing oil. Recently, my mom put some on a spot on her face and was able to remove the spot as well. Hard to explain, but this spot was persistent skin damage from a chemical burn.

Has anybody seen just how many cannabinoid receptors there are in the human body? Its intense! they are everywhere. This plant is amazing for humans. YHWH knows.

FLB

FLB

I have recently started mixing my reclaim 1:1 with coconut oil with a little wintergreen, camphor, peppermint, blue tansy, chamomile and applying topically on my compressed discs in my neck and the relief I get from the oil is amazing. Thanks for sharing these recipes. This is what I love most about this site.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
bad ass!

maybe there wasnt BHO in the bible as somebody was quick to point out, but Moses did have the burning bush

monkeybone

monkeybone

Bonez
Supporter
but Moses did have the burning bush

True, but she was written out of scripture for not washing it, and the commandment,.. 'thou shall washeth your glory hole' was removed.

and YHWH did grin

Graywolf

Graywolf

Sweet! A bho recipe, been looking for a good one :)

I will have to do several bho runs to get 10 grams, can't wait to try one of these.

Thanks mucho GW :passingjoint:

,... and the lord did grin

You're welcome! Bon appetite!

Easy to cut into smaller batches. I just used 10 grams, because that is how I keep the ratios straight in my head.

I actually make what ever size batch I have oil for and just use ratio and proportion.

"And the Lord had good reason to grin............"

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Amazing what the ancients came up with thousands of years ago. I love the history of religion, and everything religion has given the earth. Science is just starting to figure out why these things work. Amazing stuff.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Amazing what the ancients came up with thousands of years ago. I love the history of religion, and everything religion has given the earth. Science is just starting to figure out why these things work. Amazing stuff.

The ancient priests were the scientists and physicians of the day. Ask yourself who built the original mortuary temple on the Giza plateau in Egypt, from sandstone cut from the outcropping that was carved into the Spinx, 9500 BC, or at the end of the last mini ice age 11, 500 years ago.

Of note is that The Spinx, a leonine figure, is oriented dead nuts facing the spring equinox, in the constellation of Leo. Not only were the brothers and sisters whom built the temple and carved the original Spinx capable of high quality stone masonry, but they had witnessed the 21, 500 year progression of the equinox cycle enough times to recognize it and predict it with accuracy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom