Holy cow, I did this? Too cool, how long till chop chop

• Thread starter radrichie61
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
radrichie61

radrichie61

Ok, so I have been trying my best, first time, read a lot, asked a lot and holy shit, I did this???

If any one cares to chime in on how long until harvest or anything else. This is of course the stage I am most nervous and most important. I finally have frosty buds!
Holy cow i did this too cool how long till chop chop
Holy cow i did this too cool how long till chop chop 2
Holy cow i did this too cool how long till chop chop 3
Holy cow i did this too cool how long till chop chop 4
Holy cow i did this too cool how long till chop chop 5
Holy cow i did this too cool how long till chop chop 6
Holy cow i did this too cool how long till chop chop 7
Holy cow i did this too cool how long till chop chop 8
Holy cow i did this too cool how long till chop chop 9
Holy cow i did this too cool how long till chop chop 10

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Very nice flower!
you should google tricomb development and when to harvest. As different times of harvest produce slightly different terpene profiles. Judge for yourself and make an choice.
or
Right now your trichombes are mostly clear to milky. Most (70%) of you pistils are still white / lighter. You will want to wait (max of 4 weeks) until your pistils are mostly (80%) red / brown , and the trichombes are at least 50% amber.

Its that time of year again.

fuego.de.basurero

fuego.de.basurero

Congratulations. I am by no means an expert, but I keep a close eye on the weather, bugs and trichomes at this stage. You are probably in a race with nature. I generally use the color of the trichomes to dictate when I start cutting. If you do not have one, get a simple hand lens or magnifying glass. You can find endless info, debates and turd flinging online regarding when to harvest in relation to trichome color. Since the weather can be a major issue here in the PNW, I try to get as far into Fall as I can and let a noticeable amount of the trichomes golden up. A big problem in this area is getting non-native fruit bearing or late season flowering plants to go full term before our 6 - 8 months or rain and gloom arrive. Huge headache with tomatoes...

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Here’s a quick reference but this worked perfect for me on my first grow just make sure you are looking at the buds directly and not any sugar leaves when you look for the amber trichs, the ones in the sugar leaves will develop much faster than the ones in the buds, really look deep in there!

You’ll be shocked how much frostier those buds can get defenitly look like they have some Time to go still!

291B10BF A342 4122 91AB 50994F9716ED
sambapati

sambapati

Ok, so I have been trying my best, first time, read a lot, asked a lot and holy shit, I did this???

If any one cares to chime in on how long until harvest or anything else. This is of course the stage I am most nervous and most important. I finally have frosty buds!View attachment 1281257View attachment 1281258View attachment 1281259View attachment 1281260View attachment 1281261View attachment 1281262View attachment 1281263View attachment 1281264View attachment 1281265View attachment 1281266
Very nice grow@Oldchucky is right about 3 weeks or so, however you have to be really observant about the weather patterns where you are. I'm watching the Seattle/Denver game and Lumen field and Seattle look like they had a perfect day...is there more of this weather coming if so GREAT don't do anything. However if the weather turns and the plants get too much water could be bad for them (and you). If you can swing it at this point buying some end of season beach umbrellas and positioning them over the plants might give you the best chance here to get the most gangja. Keep us posted...see illustration; girl, dog, beach and drinks optional but nice to have too,
Explorers outdoor shade beach tent portable sunscreen fishing umbrella big umbrella automatic speed universal open umbrella

Last edited:
radrichie61

radrichie61

Very nice flower!
you should google tricomb development and when to harvest. As different times of harvest produce slightly different terpene profiles. Judge for yourself and make an choice.
or
Right now your trichombes are mostly clear to milky. Most (70%) of you pistils are still white / lighter. You will want to wait (max of 4 weeks) until your pistils are mostly (80%) red / brown , and the trichombes are at least 50% amber.

Its that time of year again.
Thank you so much. I have been reading and continue to see that information a lot. Your comments are much appreciated and support and you give me confidence in my reading.

Jimmie

Jimmie

Looks great, don’t stress and do anything crazy. You are a ways out. You’ll be stoked with the results.

sambapati

sambapati

Looks great, don’t stress and do anything crazy. You are a ways out. You’ll be stoked with the results.
Start gnashing your teeth and storm around the house screaming, "I can't take it any more" in preparation for the next grow phase which is survival. I wasn't kidding about some kind tenting going up, if you can avoid it don't get the buds wet now. There is an old saying, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, may not rain this week....This message is brought to you by sambasafeti.

OGgrower420

OGgrower420

If any one cares to chime in on how long until harvest or anything else. This is of course the stage I am most nervous and most important. I finally have frosty buds!View attachment 1281257View attachment 1281258View attachment 1281259View attachment 1281260View attachment 1281261View attachment 1281262View attachment 1281263View attachment 1281264View attachment 1281265View attachment 1281266
Excellent job of tending your ladies! Two thumps up 4 sure👍👍
You gave them the Vitamin L...
If they are Indica dominant as they appear, I like to use my pocket mic and harvest with trichomes something like 85 - 90 % cloudy 10 - 15% clear.
That's just a part of the tool you use for harvest time determination. I also like to use the smell and like most all the hairs red.
Back in the day, red hairs and overall appearance of the plant was what we used. That seemed to work just fine e. Hey but I like toys and adding to knowledge and understanding through experience. So scoping the trichomes is enjoyable as an added tool in the box. Imho
Well Done, just keep up with the Vitamin L and next time it'll get less stressful hovering over them till there burped and on the shelf.😎✌❤👌

radrichie61

radrichie61

Thanks again and I KNOW I will ask for advice come harvest, dry, cure/burp. Hey, I know the terms just need the method and boy I really been reading that part lately. Biggest thing is where to dry and all I have is my backyard shed. Halloween crap and Christmas out there but has all the room I need for these girls. Peace out and thanks for you guys comments and all the rest of thcf.

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

I always use a loupe and when trichomes are milky with a dash of amber in there...I chop. It all depends on what kind of high you're looking for.
Mellow? Energized or Couchlock?
Every level has a color to go with it.
I'm in Michigan along the thumb Lakeshore and it's different even from 200 miles south of me.
Your Grow looks great btw!!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Get a jewelers loupe, relatively cheap on Amazon, then you can see the trichomes better. It really helps
so are the USB microscopes where you can take pics or view on the big screen ...Better for me with bad eyes. You just need a good solid stand with them.

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

so are the USB microscopes where you can take pics or view on the big screen ...Better for me with bad eyes. You just need a good solid stand with them.
Yep,loupe is probably getting retired this yr. Time for a microscope...tired eyes too

Top Bottom