Home made aqua cloner

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
You will be burying the plants up to where the collars are now when you transplant.

I've never had to do this myself, just heard some people have issues. Do you do anything special when you transplant or do you just dump some dirt on them?
Yes, beneficial mirobes.
This is typically what I get from the sprayers in the center cloner.
Can I expect results like this?
78F43E4F F0C8 4679 9C65 E49BDE58D244

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

You will be burying the plants up to where the collars are now when you transplant.

I've never had to do this myself, just heard some people have issues. Do you do anything special when you transplant or do you just dump some dirt on them?
Nothing too special really. Over the years, I have found that watering after putting the cut into the soil is best. Like a "softer" transplant, if that makes any sense. I used to water lightly, insert the cut and then water it in. I feel like this makes me need to be much more careful with the roots with wet soil and leaves room for error. Now I just fill a solo cup about halfway full with FFOF, hold the cut in place above that as I fill the rest of the container and then I water until runoff. I also read them a bedtime story and kiss them goodnight, but that is just because I am weird haha. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

FourthCity

FourthCity

I’ve religiously been using happy frog.
Haven’t had any issues since my switch.
Yes, beneficial mirobes.
This is typically what I get from the sprayers in the center cloner.
Can I expect results like this?
View attachment 952271
If the dwc cloner is dialed in then you should see very similar results to the aero cloner, you are really just trying to mist the stems and eventually the roots the with each, biggest difference is one sprays and one bubbles. Also, if you have already been using the aero cloner and transplanting those clones to soil with success then I'm sure you could use the same method with the dwc clones, they should respond the same.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

I did use a smaller air pump and having issues keeping my temp at 76-78f.
Can’t get it below 80f. I even dropped the temp in the room to 75f. I would imagine it’s the pump causing the rise in water temp?
I want to use an aquarium but need a heater. Still hitting mid 40's at night. I'm just using the usual method and with the humidity near 100% (rain) not having any issues. Rooting is slow with the cold but all are doing well.
20200319 155458
20200319 155453

Took these about 10 days ago.

These a month and a half ago
20200319 175042

Crazy.

FourthCity

FourthCity

I did use a smaller air pump and having issues keeping my temp at 76-78f.
Can’t get it below 80f. I even dropped the temp in the room to 75f. I would imagine it’s the pump causing the rise in water temp?
The pump, light, ambient temp, and how insulated or heat conductive the surface the cloner sits on all can impact the water temps. What are the temps in your aero system? My aero cloner ranges from mid 70's to mid 80's, its usually about the same as the ambient temp in my grow tent, I think the concrete floor under the tent offsets the heat created by water pump. I haven't had any issues getting clones to root in that temp range but I do change the water more often if its hotter and the cloner is always sterile.

Based on the pic of your setup one thing you could do that might lower the temp would be to put your air pump under the cloner. It looks like you have the cloner and pump up on some kind of shelf or cabinet, with the pump directly under the light sucking up warm air, if you can put the pump underneath in the shade where the air is a little cooler that could shave off a degree or two.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Straight happy frog or do you blend with anything? Heard it can get a bit muddy. Not sure how valid that claim was, maybe you can give me some insight on the happy frog. Thanks.
BurnZ
Straight happy frog with the first transplant into soil.
After roots are established the next transplant typically goes into 3g pots.
2 inches of perlite in the bottom then happy frog 80%-90% and worm castings
10-20%. I typically up pot 3-4 times depending on strain. If 3 times I’m flowering in 5 gallon buckets. If 4 times I’m i 20-25 gallon pots.
Mothers are always in 5 gallon buckets.

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

You need a cycle timer or a water cooler to drop temps.
70.00 cycle timer, manually set (with a stop watch) to 3 on, 3 off, dropped my 82* water temps to 77/78* yr round.

Top Bottom