Home made RDWC system, first grow, advice/opinion on my girl?

• Thread starter tomgrow20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tomgrow20

tomgrow20

Hi all, after doing research online on how RDWC works I decided to build my own set up and get cracking with my first grow. I think it's gone okay, but now she's in flower and I'm not sure what to expect I was hoping someone could tell me if she's looking as healthy as she should be at this stage, and if there's anything you experienced growers would do for this final stage to maximise yield. I'd be very grateful for any input 👍 (Too late for scrog I know and I did LST a little for a few weeks at the start)
Details:-
Genetics - Dinafem - Blue Cheese auto
Current size - 36" tall and width wise filling a 1m x 1m grow tent
Current age - 10 weeks or there abouts
Environment wise - Marshydro TS 1000 150w - 12" from canopy - Day temp 27 Degrees Celsius, 19 night time - Humidity 50%
Nutrients - General Hydroponics Grow, Micro and Bloom, and Cal Mag as our water is very soft, 30ppm or less from the tap. Also been using cannazym since she started flowering, I didn't take a picture of the roots but they look very healthy, no slime or rot happening in there.
With the General Hydroponics nutrients I've been using only half strength throughout the grow as that's what I read is best? Not sure if that's true but I was worrying about burning the roots so stuck to it. The Cal Mag is used at 3ml per 10 litres which takes the PPM to around 120 before any nutes, then it's around 520 with the half strength nutes before cannazym is added.
Sorry for the long post, I wanted all the details you might want a gander at before telling me where I've gone wrong or what else I should have done. Cheers in advance for your time guys 🤙
All these pictures and the video is of the same plant, but my camera phone has some kind of colour blind issue going on 🙄

One of the lower flowers
Home made rdwc system first grow adviceopinion on my girl

The top most flower 🤔
Home made rdwc system first grow adviceopinion on my girl 5

Home made rdwc system first grow adviceopinion on my girl 6

Home made rdwc system first grow adviceopinion on my girl 7

A little live action

Home made rdwc system first grow adviceopinion on my girl 2
Home made rdwc system first grow adviceopinion on my girl 3
Home made rdwc system first grow adviceopinion on my girl 4
Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

You can probably ramp you nutes up to around 800ppm now that she is flowering. She looks a little stretched for an indica dominant, which I have read indicates possible low-light scenario. That TS1000 seems like it has good reviews from others though. Maybe I'm making a chicken out of a feather. 🤪

I'm a newbie too. Welcome to the show!

tomgrow20

tomgrow20

You can probably ramp you nutes up to around 800ppm now that she is flowering. She looks a little stretched for an indica dominant, which I have read indicates possible low-light scenario. That TS1000 seems like it has good reviews from others though. Maybe I'm making a chicken out of a feather. 🤪

I'm a newbie too. Welcome to the show!

Cheers for the reply dude. I was advised around 2 to 3 weeks in she was looking a little stumpy and to raise the light for a few weeks to stretch her out, which worked lol. Should be worth mentioning she'd just had a hair cut before this, alot of the lower foliage removed to improve airflow and light penetration. I honestly think this light is the bollocks 👍 maybe I shouldn't have raised it when advised to? Hopefully someone with more experience with a similar setup or strain will see this and set me straight. It's good to be part of the show 😎

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

maybe I shouldn't have raised it when advised to?
Bah humbug, do what you think is right and heck with all us Internet strangers. 🤓 Just kidding. My indica is short and fat, but growing well so I dunno. Mostly just see sativa dom strains stretching like that in the posts I have seen. Which could mean absolutely nothing!

tomgrow20

tomgrow20

Thanks for the replys guys. So other than being lanky 🙈 does she look okay? Very new to this game. I thought maybe the nutes were a bit weak I've seen some have them at 900+ ppm at this point?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks for the replys guys. So other than being lanky 🙈 does she look okay? Very new to this game. I thought maybe the nutes were a bit weak I've seen some have them at 900+ ppm at this point?
600-700 ppm I think would be perfect. They look good.

One tip... Stop touching the buds 😉.

Some of those pistils are prematurely brown as a result. Also to much wind can cause this

tomgrow20

tomgrow20

600-700 ppm I think would be perfect. They look good.

One tip... Stop touching the buds 😉.

Some of those pistils are prematurely brown as a result. Also to much wind can cause this
[/QUOTEThabknyohab

Thanks for the heads up on the touching. I've never heard that before. I'll up the nutes on the next change in a few days time 👍

Top Bottom