Home Studio Set Up

• Thread starter onisdad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
onisdad

onisdad

So as we were taking some choice shots of our most recent grow, my roommate commented that we should put our studio up here in Photo Help just because we had a pretty decent set up that was basically all thrown together with mostly household items.

First we covered a bookshelf with a background drop which goes down over our kitchen table and one of the kitchen chairs to give two different platforms for different size plants and also to make it easier to get shots from above with the subject on a lower level. we have a step stool for giving a higher angle shot.
Home studio set up 3

Besides whatever flash our cameras have, we also use a clip light for some fill. We have a few different size watt bulbs for variable amounts of fill light. The clip light is attached with C clamps to a dog/baby gate we have secured to the other kitchen chair. the clip can be raised or lowered onto different slats in the gate as each subject and shot requires.
Home studio set up 2

When it comes to some of the close ups, my 8mp with a 0.67 macro lens gets a little TOO close for the flash and it will cause an over exsposure or wash out. To combat this you need to diffuse your flash with something. i use a small piece of fiberglass mesh to lower the light level. You can also use white tape.Some cameras will have a setting to do this but most don't. You can sometimes defeat this with a faster ISO setting but not always.
Home studio set up

Here is a few choice shots i just recently took....
Home studio set up 5

Home studio set up 4

for more of my pictures check out the links in my signature. I am in the process of going through a bunch of new photos so be on the look out for some updates... Stay frosty!

Latest posts

Top Bottom