HomeKit based home built grow tent

• Thread starter lemnitram
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lemnitram

lemnitram

I was using a 3x5x6 commercial tent but wasn’t happy with it so I decided to build my own grow room. Since I’m pretty nerdy I decided that I would use Apple HomeKit to control and monitor things as much as possible so that we can travel and still monitor what’s going on in my tent.

Structure​

The frame of my tent is generic construction lumber (2x4, 1x5). All of the moveable panels are made out of hardwood put together as picture frames

Homekit based home built grow tent

I tried to use generic Mylar for reflection but it was way too thin (purchased a roll of the same stuff used in commercial tents). I used spray adhesive to attach the Mylar

Homekit based home built grow tent 2
Homekit based home built grow tent 3

I made a combo air vent/ light support - it’s worked great so far

Homekit based home built grow tent 4

I wanted to make the support tray for my plants to be adjustable to I made a torsion box platform to support everything

Homekit based home built grow tent 10

I also wanted to have a removable grid to tie plants to so I used elastic cording and teacup hooks

Homekit based home built grow tent 11

Monitoring and Control​

I was a bit worried about using HomeKit to control things but it’s worked out great. I’m using iDevices outlets to power everything and Eve Room devices for monitoring.

Homekit based home built grow tent 7

Each of the outlet can be controlled remotely or automatically via automations

Controlling the outlets is done via the Home app on iOS

Homekit based home built grow tent 12

An added bonus is that I can pull up my Grow Tent Camera on all of my AppleTVs

The Eve Room devices can be a bit squirrelly but are performing much better than they were initially. Being able to check humidity and temp remotely has been great!

Homekit based home built grow tent 8
Homekit based home built grow tent 9

The last thing I wanted to share was a neat feature to keep track of power usage. The iOS iDevices App monitors electrical usage

Homekit based home built grow tent 13
Homekit based home built grow tent 14

Homekit based home built grow tent 5
Homekit based home built grow tent 6
Homekit based home built grow tent 15
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I was using a 3x5x6 commercial tent but wasn’t happy with it so I decided to build my own grow room. Since I’m pretty nerdy I decided that I would use Apple HomeKit to control and monitor things as much as possible so that we can travel and still monitor what’s going on in my tent.

Structure​

The frame of my tent is generic construction lumber (2x4, 1x5). All of the moveable panels are made out of hardwood put together as picture frames

View attachment 1243875

I tried to use generic Mylar for reflection but it was way too thin (purchased a roll of the same stuff used in commercial tents). I used spray adhesive to attach the Mylar

View attachment 1243877View attachment 1243878

I made a combo air vent/ light support - it’s worked great so far

View attachment 1243880

I wanted to make the support tray for my plants to be adjustable to I made a torsion box platform to support everything

View attachment 1243895

I also wanted to have a removable grid to tie plants to so I used elastic cording and teacup hooks

View attachment 1243896

Monitoring and Control​

I was a bit worried about using HomeKit to control things but it’s worked out great. I’m using iDevices outlets to power everything and Eve Room devices for monitoring.

View attachment 1243883

Each of the outlet can be controlled remotely or automatically via automations

Controlling the outlets is done via the Home app on iOS

View attachment 1243901

An added bonus is that I can pull up my Grow Tent Camera on all of my AppleTVs

The Eve Room devices can be a bit squirrelly but are performing much better than they were initially. Being able to check humidity and temp remotely has been great!

View attachment 1243884View attachment 1243894

The last thing I wanted to share was a neat feature to keep track of power usage. The iOS iDevices App monitors electrical usage

View attachment 1243902View attachment 1243903
Looks great....I'm not into all of that fancy tech stuff but I like your cabinet and light set up.....nice job

Ponky

Ponky

Well at this point you might aswell finish the outside of the box with decorative panels and stain it. Make it look like a cabinet or something.

Top Bottom