Homemade Solution For Powder Mold

• Thread starter GaNjA.gRoWeR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GaNjA.gRoWeR

GaNjA.gRoWeR

Hello all, I'm obviously new to thcfarmer. Actually I searched the net to find the most active cannabis forum and I think I found it!
But most importantly the reason I'm so excited to be a part of thcfarmer is I can share with all of you what I've made!.. Okay it's not that great but it might help if you live/grow in an environment such as mine. Densely wooded, humid, hot, crappy light...hey we're all doing what we can with what we got right?., anyways...2016 outdoor season, mid September, yep... My garden is in bud....now before I get into "the now" let me brief you on "the past"... My wife and I cleared out a nice 1/2 acre on our 2.5 acre plot to place our garden. We found that the forest around us is infested with pest and disease. One we could easily identify as powdery mildew or powder mold on the mid-lower portions of the trees and shrubs we removed. Mainly the tan oaks and madrone trees... We are organic growers so our soil consist of mature compost, coco, peat moss, and worm castings ...along with perlite vermiculite lava rock ect. Yadayada.. Our veg season went surprisingly well, despite the sick and dying forest around us our cannabis garden thrived.. Only feeding compost teas x2 a week and mediocre light levels...I was impressed...still am lol,. As July faded and August began to make our beautiful preflowers the temperatures became fluxuant and the winds decreased, making the environment perfect for a tiny spore to reproduce..."now" like the forest , my garden has powder mold. Subconsciously knowing it would happen sooner or later I took action.... By sitting on my ass while smokin a fatty with my nose in my phone. Don't judge! It's how I research lol.. I am really against using commercial and or synthetic products on my garden. So I looked to home remedies,. That's what Grammy would do... Vinegar works, garlic works, sulfur works, baking soda works. But those things seem to only take the edge off and within a day or two the powder mold is back in full swing... So I looked to big name products. But I don't really have the money to spend on all that crap.. So I looked at what they're made of...pretty clever I thought. Corn oil! Garlic oil! Oliec acid! Oh hell no! I'm not Bein taken as a fool $50 for a quart that will last 2 weeks... Or $100 for the rest of the season?? I'm sure u guys can do the math on that one.., my local grow store had what I needed and so did the grocery store so here it is a "cheaper, longer lasting, organic crop safe" solution you can use on your garden in veg or bloom!

DAY 1: in a container you can screw a lid tightly onto mix-
-3-4 oz corn oil
-3 large spoonfuls of CRUSHED garlic.( I bought mine, ingredients also included; garlic, citric acid, soybean oil and olive oil)
-1 ounce (Advance nutrients product, B52) full spectrum b-vitamine supplement
-1 ounce silica
-1 ounce dr. Zymes
- 2-3oz distilled white vinegar
- 1/4-1/2 ounce 70% isopropyl alcohol
SHAKE!shake!SHAKE!shake !
Let that mixture sit for a day or so and shake it as often and you remember.
DAY2
Use a reusable metal screen coffee filter to strain the mixture to remove the garlic chunks from clogging your sprayer. Dilute the mixture 2 ounces per gallon of water and spray your crops in early morning atleast 45mins to and hour before the first beam of sunlight touches your plants.
DAY 3
Spray the same mixture again at the same time BUT! This time add 1ounce per gallon of neem oil into your sprayer.... So you should have 2oz/gal garlic mix & 1oz/gal neem oil. Again spray crops an hour before sunlight reaches your garden.
DAY4
Wash it! Same time again...you're probably pretty tired of getting up early every day... But if you wanna save you garden you'll have to do it! Just mix 1tsp silica per gallon of water and spray!! No mixture... Just silica and water. That's what I've done and it's worked absolutely amazing! And I'll probably continue to spray once a week, alternating between garlic mix and neem oil..
Thanks for reading! And it's a forum so let's talk!
Good day stay smokin

Fishmaster42

Fishmaster42

Wow that's one hell of a concoction. let us know in a few weeks how your mixture fairs against the PW. Im a little scared about the garlic, smell or taste. Fish

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Are you familiar with the 10% milk solution fix? Oh gosh, looking at what you've got there, you can eliminate everything but the isopropyl alcohol and I guarantee you'll be pleased with those results. I'd suggest JMS Stylets oil, but it can be tricky to work with, you've got to be very diligent about keeping it mixed or it will seriously burn your plants. There are other horticultural oils out there, but none as good as the JMS, or another one I wish we could get in the U.S. Soya'nara. Both are good physical blockers.

Another great method is to use very high pH water, around 10 or so.

GaNjA.gRoWeR

GaNjA.gRoWeR

I have heard of the milk fix,. However I recall reading somewhere that you don't want to use it during flower, something to do with the fungal properties of the milk. And I don't really want to rely on a isopropyl only mixture as I am afraid it will strip the trichomes (iso-hash)*...I will look into jms, but if I run a risk of burning my babies I don't really want to play with it.
As of now I am very pleased with the results I am getting from my backwoods fungicide lol. And the 4th day rinse with silica and water is the main trick as far as I can see. The mixture seems to kill the PM and dry it up leaving it looking more like dirt or dust on the leaves,. The silica then breaks it apart and washes it away. ( FYI, I got silica concentrate on my hands after working on my truck, and it cleaned my hands better than any degreaser from the autoparts store.)

GaNjA.gRoWeR

GaNjA.gRoWeR

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have heard of the milk fix,. However I recall reading somewhere that you don't want to use it during flower, something to do with the fungal properties of the milk. And I don't really want to rely on a isopropyl only mixture as I am afraid it will strip the trichomes (iso-hash)*...I will look into jms, but if I run a risk of burning my babies I don't really want to play with it.
As of now I am very pleased with the results I am getting from my backwoods fungicide lol. And the 4th day rinse with silica and water is the main trick as far as I can see. The mixture seems to kill the PM and dry it up leaving it looking more like dirt or dust on the leaves,. The silica then breaks it apart and washes it away. ( FYI, I got silica concentrate on my hands after working on my truck, and it cleaned my hands better than any degreaser from the autoparts store.)
I promise, the iso won't melt your trichomes. And there will be nothing left to wash away. Just try it. :)

Homesteader

Homesteader

I believe in order for the milk method to work correctly it needs to be activated by UV light if I'm not mistaken and it should be applied in the morning on a sunny day or it wont work.

GaNjA.gRoWeR

GaNjA.gRoWeR

Well its been about a month or more ago i had powder mold all over my plants,. Yesterday morning was my 4th application of my garlic solution and my garden is looking heatheier than ever.. The pm is not completely gone but its being kept at bay... The last mixture i made i did increase the amount of isopropyl alcohol by another 2-3oz -per the recommendation of seamaiden., .. As for the concern of fishmaster42, my flowers arent hanging onto the garlic smell, they have steadily been increasing their resins quite addiquitely infact and to be frank...they smell dank ⚰!!! Lol... If anything my garden keeps the smell of the neem oil. To me it kinda smells like greasy peanuts lol,. But ive used neem oil straight before all the way up to about a two or three weeks before harvest and it didnt seem to have an effect on the final product... But heres some updated pics

Latest posts

Top Bottom