HomeMade UnderCurrent PH DROP

• Thread starter TimJones436
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TimJones436

Good Evening Farmers,
So I started my new UC system about 3 weeks back, it went terrible. I started with GH Part 3 and my plants started early root rot, I finally got the situation under control but Then i decided to switch to Cultured Solutions, after making the switch my plants still didnt seem happy..
The Under Current system seems not to like me.. Ok after 2 weeks of using Cultured Solutions the plants seem to be growing nice, But my root rot problem has not been solved, My PH is dropping fast now, yesterday It started at around 5.9 When i got home that night it dropped to 5.3 and the ppm at 350, So I decided to add more water and just add UC Roots, Added 30 gallons of new water making the ppm 260 this morning and ph at 6.1 I went down tonight and the system is at 5.8 PH and still 260, The plants roots are white/Brownish but alot of new growth, new growth seems to still turn light brown I even see some dark brown, but I also see alot of white roots but most of them are discolored brownish.. Doesnt stink but PH is still dropping. Running a Water Cooler temps are staying between 66-68 degrees. Still In veg, just wanted your guys take on this.. Should I remove some water and add more clean water with UC Roots or just wait this out? Plants dont look droopy or anything But roots are still brownish witch is a big concern for me.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I can't help you, Tim, but I can bump your thread in the hopes that a UC grower can help.

T

TimJones436

Pics from Last Night. I went down this morning.. PH Is 5.6 and still dropping, PPM is 250.. Water temps stay the same.

IMG 0420
IMG 0418
IMG 0417
IMG 0416
IMG 0414
IMG 0412
IMG 0411
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Alright, well, so far no one else has commented but you've provided LOTS of photos to go from. So, while I won't be able to say exactly what's causing this to happen, I can tell you what I see, and on one plant I see classic signs of Mg- (magnesium deficiency). So far I see no signs of Ca- (calcium). I see reddened petioles with leaf tips just beginning to burn, along with dark green leaves. This suggests to me that along with insufficient or unavailable Mg, there's an issue with possibly too much N coupled with either low P, or P not being utilized.

Do you use anything that can leave the brownish tinge on the roots, humic for instance, or kelp?

Tell me about your water source, too, and whether or not the CS is a buffered line (i.e. it's going to 'want' to find a range that's very difficult to shift, aka alkalinity in this sphere).

Here's my thinking: IF the CS is not a buffered line, then you should be able to add something high in carbonates to that water to help keep it buffered upward. Hard water is typically high in carbonates (or bicarbonates), and that is one good way to do this. Think CaCO3 (calcium carbonate), MgCO3 (magnesium carbonate), or even, possibly, depending on how it plays with the current ratio of Ca:Mg, CaMgCO3 (calcium magnesium carbonate, or dolomite lime).

Ok, now it's time to call in the Chemistry Superhero, aka The Squigginator.

T

TimJones436

@Seamaiden thank you very much for the reply, lots of needed information.
The only thing I can say about the brownish tinge on the roots is that I was using GH Part 3 and Micro is known to darken roots, I used GH part 3 before switching to CS Nutes, I pumped most of the water out of my system and started with CS Nutes, I didnt clean out the entire system though. My line up I have been using has only consisted of
UC Roots - 1ml/g
UC Veg A - 1-2ml/g
Uc Veg B - 1-2ml/g
CalMag - 1-2ml/g
I live in Oregon olny an hour away from the mountains, I have very very good water, I dont believe water is the problem, water comes out with no ppm and phed at 7.0-7.5
Like I said thanks again for the reply Seamaiden. I wanna get this situation fixed quick so I can switch over to bloom cycle.

T

TimJones436

Update.. Went down this afternoon PH jumped to 5.9
Went down just a few hours later PH is at 6.1 PPM is at 230, so the plants are eating.. Should I add more water with UC Roots, A & B Veg, and Calmag?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I thought I already responded...sorry..give me a minute to read it all again

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Those don't look bad and it really looks like they took off after you wrapped the buckets, otta keep the light off those roots...the GH Micro and its residual is probably what colored your roots but they will grow out of it...ph shift like that is no big deal just don't want any major shifts below 5.5 or above 6.5..veggin I like 6.0-6.1..

What are your water temps?

I didn't run any cal mag but your water is so clean your probably goin to want to use 2-3ml/gallon of calmag or magical

I would run 1-2ml/g of Roots but I would step up the A&B veg to 5ml/g

Top Bottom