Homesteader’s homegrow diary for '21

• Thread starter Homesteader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homesteader

Homesteader

Setting up the room tonight and tomorrow with some more light. I have the CO2 all set for the most part but I wont start any for awhile. I have a disabled rabbit "rexie" that will camp in there for another couple weeks until the weather warms up a bit for him so I don't want to gas gas gas him. Somebody in town was unable to take care of him properly so we adopted him last year. Ill take a picture of him on the next go around.

Both the doors in my room were not quite right so I had to take them off. Ill readjust them in the morning.
The seedlings I had were pretty sad for the past month but under light now and looking a bit better.

These ones are a bit older and have to rearrange them tonight and get them under netting

blue gelato
IMG 20210227 162841

OMG
IMG 20210227 162850

Amnesia, Dos si Do in the back and G13 Haze and another Amnesia in the front, all happy to be thripless and recovering from losing their fans
IMG 20210227 162819

Homesteader

Homesteader

Most rabbits love the cold for the most part but not rexie. He can't handle anything below 30. None of my does will breed with him but I'll try again this year. He walks but not well.
Won't eat cannabis though. Some will some won't. He won't. He is a rex rabbit which are super soft and bred for pelts but all my other rabbits are multi purpose meat and fur. Mostly silver fox and crosses

IMG 20210227 211048

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Setting up the room tonight and tomorrow with some more light. I have the CO2 all set for the most part but I wont start any for awhile. I have a disabled rabbit "rexie" that will camp in there for another couple weeks until the weather warms up a bit for him so I don't want to gas gas gas him. Somebody in town was unable to take care of him properly so we adopted him last year. Ill take a picture of him on the next go around.

Both the doors in my room were not quite right so I had to take them off. Ill readjust them in the morning.
The seedlings I had were pretty sad for the past month but under light now and looking a bit better.

These ones are a bit older and have to rearrange them tonight and get them under netting

blue gelato
View attachment 1096999

OMG
View attachment 1097000
Amnesia, Dos si Do in the back and G13 Haze and another Amnesia in the front, all happy to be thripless and recovering from losing their fans
View attachment 1097001
What did you use for the thrips? Plain water and castile soap?

Gotta love that rabbit poo

Homesteader

Homesteader

What did you use for the thrips? Plain water and castile soap?

Gotta love that rabbit poo
Sorry I missed this. Yeah thrips are a normal pest for me indoors and out. A gallon of water, a tablespoon of soap and a tablespoon of vegetable oil. The oil makes the soap stick to the bug.
If you have a bad infestation you can use more of each but I never have used more than 3 tablespoons and wouldn't recommend that much unless you have a lot of aphids.
Super critical you spray them off with warm water after though.
It also is most effective and important to get rid of any older leaves where they are hiding before spraying. I don't do this if I don't see any bugs but it makes taking care of them so much easier.

sportyridr

sportyridr

Sorry I missed this. Yeah thrips are a normal pest for me indoors and out. A gallon of water, a tablespoon of soap and a tablespoon of vegetable oil. The oil makes the soap stick to the bug.
If you have a bad infestation you can use more of each but I never have used more than 3 tablespoons and wouldn't recommend that much unless you have a lot of aphids.
Super critical you spray them off with warm water after though.
It also is most effective and important to get rid of any older leaves where they are hiding before spraying. I don't do this if I don't see any bugs but it makes taking care of them so much easier.

Thanks for that bit of knowledge good sir...really nice grow

Homesteader

Homesteader

Slowly coming together. Dropped my level and broke a tile but still need to tile in the trim. I am going to put a 3" tile up instead of the wood trim I normally would use, finish the grout, tape/mud the sheetrock, clean up this wire mess and install the last two lights. Fun times I tell ya! My plants will probably enjoy the extra gypsum dust.

IMG 20210304 072358

My larger light is pulling 850 watts and the closer one is pulling around 180-200watts.

IMG 20210304 072422

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Funny angling of your lights. Looks good man. Now is a good time to look at things in the long run for the room. Looking forward to my own room building one day

Homesteader

Homesteader

Funny angling of your lights. Looks good man. Now is a good time to look at things in the long run for the room. Looking forward to my own room building one day
I wont leave them at that angle once they grow in except on the angled scrog but Ill explain that once I have it up an running. Just putting the string up and trying to avoid catching a aluminum corner with my forehead.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Yeah. Is the floor cold? I noticed yoir pots sitting on the floor. It helped alot to me when I elevated them off the floor. Not that they look cold

Homesteader

Homesteader

Yeah I probably should raise them up. I usually do use little moving dollys under my bags but haven't got them out yet. Things are starting to warm up here now and I think once I have all my lights running, the AC will be peaked but it still is nice to get air movement under the bags.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yeah I probably should raise them up. I usually do use little moving dollys under my bags but haven't got them out yet. Things are starting to warm up here now and I think once I have all my lights running, the AC will be peaked but it still is nice to get air movement under the bags.
I like using the plastic milk crates. I find my soil drys quicker with air flow under and around them. Even with my plants on milk crates if they're too bunched together the center plants don't dry as fast so I like to spread them out if I can. I like it when my 3 gallon pots are dry in 3-4 days, without good air around the pots it can take 5-6 days and I get off their weekly feed water cycle .

I have a bunch of the short plastic soda / pop crates I'll use when I run out of height space but they're not as good being too low to the ground for good air movement.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Cloning some Royalty Purple raspberries and figured I would share. Filled an egg carton (neighbors give me hundreds a year) with coco and soaked it, cut holes in the top and stuck the cuttings in.
IMG 20210304 095952
IMG 20210304 110407

Hopefully in a few weeks some of these will root. Not my favorite variety of raspberry for yield or taste though but the berries are really firm dark red/purple with a frosted white hue and the cane and leaves are an interesting color reddish purple

Last edited:
Homesteader

Homesteader

Grafting a few apple trees today. Much colder than I thought it would be here, so Ill do it inside.
The rootstock on these are M111 (80% standard size)
This grafted scion is an old northern variety/cultivar from the 1700s called Golden Russet.

After grafting the Golden Russet I air layer the M111 a few inches higher using a wet paper towel and saren wrap (I usually use tin foil but I am out.) I don't see ever having enough rootstock.

IMG 20210304 122330
IMG 20210304 122232
IMG 20210304 122609
IMG 20210304 122947

Homesteader

Homesteader

Got my AC working a lot better again by greasing the fan and mounted the third light up over the Scrog frame. Working on my other room today and finishing the trim in there so I have a lot of plants under the frame that wont stay under there. I don't normally grow from seed but I have a lot of Barney farm seedlings that I look forward to get growing and see if I can find anything new that I like. Probably will start flowering in a few weeks but those seedlings will be on the next run. Trying to tape these walls so I can the CO2 going but I guess there is no real rush with it. Ill have it up for the next run for sure. Really happy that the AC is working better though, I thought maybe I had need a recharge or something but I think it is good to go for the summer now.

IMG 20210307 065235

Homesteader

Homesteader

Probably flip 6 plants next week and try to get back on a schedule. Going to feed the plants some fish this week and spray a soap/oil mixture once more for thrips. Still not finished mudding the room, sanding and painting but it will probably (definitely) wait until next run. I have to build two or three more lights in the next few months for the room to be complete as well. Flowering two amnesia phenotypes, a g13 haze, a dos si do, OMG from ripper seeds and a gelato. Pretty much a barney farm grow this run.

IMG 20210315 214724

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Probably flip 6 plants next week and try to get back on a schedule. Going to feed the plants some fish this week and spray a soap/oil mixture once more for thrips. Still not finished mudding the room, sanding and painting but it will probably (definitely) wait until next run. I have to build two or three more lights in the next few months for the room to be complete as well. Flowering two amnesia phenotypes, a g13 haze, a dos si do, OMG from ripper seeds and a gelato. Pretty much a barney farm grow this run.

View attachment 1103034

They looking really good

Homesteader

Homesteader

Just ordered several strains from Real Seed Company. I didn't realize that they were shipping to the United States now. Up first, Ill be popping some inbred Congolese and looking for the best male to cross with a GG4 clone.

Top Bottom