Homesteader’s homegrow diary for '21

• Thread starter Homesteader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homesteader

Homesteader

Culled two of the Congo seedlings and have three healthy vigorous ones left. Hopefully one produces a male.

Culled one of the Lao seedlings and have four left I think.

Both have greened up this week but are still getting less light than they would like but they are under 12-12 now but I don't anticipate them sexing for at least a couple more weeks.
IMG 20210419 103857
IMG 20210419 103907

growsince79

growsince79

Culled two of the Congo seedlings and have three healthy vigorous ones left. Hopefully one produces a male.

Culled one of the Lao seedlings and have four left I think.

Both have greened up this week but are still getting less light than they would like but they are under 12-12 now but I don't anticipate them sexing for at least a couple more weeks.View attachment 1115052View attachment 1115053
Might be a month or more before they make a pistil. They look awesome.

Homesteader

Homesteader

The better of the two phenos on the Amnesia it seems at about 4 weeks. Some of the strains seem to be under performing for my liking. I will keep all of them and reveg them just in case but it looks like this Amnesia pheno and the G13 Haze will be kept. Ill try running the G13 by itself and give it more light on the next run. My light on that side of the grow is only pushing about 1/3 of the power it should. But Ill fix it on the next run and have the CO2 on for that run.

IMG 20210427 104701

Homesteader

Homesteader

The OMG is culled. The plant started flower off well but the past few weeks it showed it does not belong in my garden. I had to make an example of it to the others and sawed the stalk slowly in front of them. The G13 may get a run again but Im not sold on dos sis do or Blue Gelato yet. Looking frosty but not filling in the way I expect. I need yield AND quality.
The Amnesia pheno is a champ though. The better pheno seems to stack buds up nicely while the other is more of a trainwreck type deal. Both are high yielding and buds seem to be the same in smell and close look though (just stack differently)
I have most of my plants in the greenhouse now but will move them back in about a month. Planting season is in full effect so my free time is about non existent for the next month. My tiller broke seized and the valve kit is backordered but I have a broadfork. Oh well it will get done either way.

Thee G13 at about 4 weeks
IMG 20210429 085035

Last edited:
Homesteader

Homesteader

This John Deere has sat on my property for ages. I think it was the first year they used rubber. I have no need to spread manure in my type of farming but I love the gearing. Any ideas on what I can make this into or do with the chain and gears?
IMG 20210501 075149

mashy

mashy

Depends on what you need @Homesteader but I can see why you like the gears 👍. I would be using it to set up a waterwheel in the creek at the bottom of our property to drive a piston water pump. I could also see an impressive block and tackle if you need to lift heavy stuff.

Also agree with @DankNugz420, might be worth checking if there are any interested buyers?

Homesteader

Homesteader

Thanks for the suggestions. Not sure what will come from the old spreader but time will tell, Maybe its best to just keep it a spreader and find it a new home.

Everything is coming into bloom here finally like this nanking cherry. Chicks everywhere and baseball gloves littered around my yard.

IMG 20210424 110845
IMG 20210424 110651
Last edited:
Homesteader

Homesteader

The Dos si Do has some nice color starting. Probably wont keep this one, the G13 or the Blue Gelato. I also probably man handled it the other day and thats why the orange hairs are on top.

IMG 20210504 103621

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Do you think @Homesteader that the old plants like amnesia look a lot better in structure than these new popular ones like dosido?

Cause that amnesia is stacking perfectly.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Do you think @Homesteader that the old plants like amnesia look a lot better in structure than these new popular ones like dosido?

Cause that amnesia is stacking perfectly.
Just depends whether you like an indica or a sativa leaning strain I guess. Hands down sativa for me. But I'm not a fan of oily resin smoke. Fasting hitting dry sativa all day for me.

Homesteader

Homesteader

@MIMedGrower I read your question wrong. Look better? For sure. The tall lank of dank over the shaggy squats indica structure

Top Bottom