Homesteader’s homegrow diary for '21

• Thread starter Homesteader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mashy

mashy

Any updates on the Congo and Lao plants @Homesteader? Can you tell the sex yet?

Homesteader

Homesteader

Hey @mashy Not too much to report. Been a rough week and haven't been able to spend much time on growing but I forgot to mention that I moved most of the Lao and Congo out into the greenhouse. One of each (The healthiest looking ones) are under lights not in veg. I figured I want to grow large plants anyhow so why try to flower them early just to sex.

Here are two photos of both phenos of the amnesia. They equalized a bit and look much more similar then before. One had white hairs much longer and a better structure, so Ill keep that one. The G13 smells amazing but a bit too leafy I think for me. I may run the gelato and try to grow it better next run. The plant yellowed early and wasn't happy early in life and I think I could get much more yield if I tried again. Ill reveg it if I do. I think I already tossed the clones I took.

IMG 20210511 150820
IMG 20210511 150842
Homesteader

Homesteader

@mashy I meant they are all in veg still. Two are under lights in veg and the rest are in the greenhouse. Slow growing this year though, been chilly here.

mashy

mashy

Nice work, I like your style. I love a long veg - you saw my plants 😉.
Would really like to try some landrace in the future, would like to see how Durban Poison grows outdoors here.
Hope it warms up for you soon, I'm just getting the first winter blast for the season. ✌️☮️

Homesteader

Homesteader

Not really much going on with this grow. Kind of a boring grow to be honest and looking forward to the next round. I have laughing Buddha in veg and I am excited to see how that flowers. The veg vigor has been outstanding. The lao and Congolese are all truckin' along. A few are getting tall fast. Here is a photo of the amnesia and the g13 but I'll get a few from the greenhouse this week

IMG 20210516 121032
IMG 20210516 121214
Homesteader

Homesteader

Brought the plants in from the greenhouse and getting them all set under the netting. Their roots finally took and all are starting to get large quickly.
Sprayed them with a bit of soap and oil so that's where the shine is coming from.

1 of 2 Congolese left
IMG 20210523 060350

1 of 4 from Lao
IMG 20210523 060338

Homesteader

Homesteader

Nice quote Lazy! Yeah I think 11 weeks should be about right on this one but yeah overall every strain should be at least two weeks longer than the breeders say so it seems

Homesteader

Homesteader

The Amnesia is the only one standing now. Cut the others to make room. Disappointing phenotypes this round aside from the Amnesia but I've grown that before. She still pushing white out of the top. The laos are getting really big. one congo is happy but neither seem to like my soil as much. Hopefully as their roots get bigger.
IMG 20210606 101540

Homesteader

Homesteader

A few of the lao phenotypes on their second day of flower. One pheno is pushing massive fan leaves whole the others appears somewhat different. The congo is also with them along with wedding cake and laughing Buddha. Started some Malawi's and Uttarakhand's along with several blackjack seeds and a critical Kush. Had trouble with glue sniffer seeds but trying one again too.

IMG 20210617 084323
Homesteader

Homesteader

Found a male Lao to go along with several females. He is just waiting in the greenhouse for the ladies to get a bit larger. The Congo hasn't shown flower yet but I assume its going to be a female.
IMG 20210701 082739
IMG 20210701 082904

Homesteader

Homesteader

Forgot to mention as well that I killed the Amnesia pheno. I let it go too long and the roots died before going into reveg. Oh well another pheno hunt in the future. I think all I have left is Amnesia Haze though but that will be for a different day.

Currently flowering
Wedding Cake
Laughing Buddha
Laos
Congos

Waiting in the veg wings.

BlackJacks
Glue Sniffers
Sleestacks
and a critical kush

Pheno hunts on a IBL Malawis and a landrace Himalayans from India.

Last edited:
Top Bottom