Honest opinions, first grow.

• Thread starter Jayrockbby
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jayrockbby

Jayrockbby

Hey there everyone! This is my first post on this forum, long time lurker and google result reader though. Anyhow, I look forward to getting to know y'all!

So with all of that said, I'm loooking for feedback on my grow so far.
I'm growing 3 Tropsanto clones, vegged for 8 weeks, flipped over to 12/12, 27 days ago so basically 4 weeks in to a 12 week flower.

So please, let me know what you think in terms of their development as I'm curious to know if I'm doing something right so far.

All the best!
Honest opinions first grow
Honest opinions first grow 2
Honest opinions first grow 3
Honest opinions first grow 4
Honest opinions first grow 5

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
yep all looks good!
what light you got?
how high?

Jayrockbby

Jayrockbby

Thanks!
So for lighting I have a 3100k 315 cmh about 30 inches above the canopy, as well as a cheapo LED that draws about 200 watts. I figured I would add that for the red spectrum as well, however that's about 22 inches above them.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok, now you know your grow situation and plants behaviour, maybe lower the cmh to 22-25 inches away? if you do check your plants regularly for reactions to heat or light stress?
what do you think?

Jayrockbby

Jayrockbby

I've been considering lowering it a bit, was thinking around the 2 foot mark. However it has been running warm so I'm concerned about bringing the bulb down closer. I do check them quite a bit though.

bsb

bsb

nice work dude.....don't be afraid to let them tips get a little burnt...LOL...push them bro!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I've been considering lowering it a bit, was thinking around the 2 foot mark. However it has been running warm so I'm concerned about bringing the bulb down closer. I do check them quite a bit though.
yep go through the factors and decide.
maybe canopy temp?
fan blowing up underneath light?
... etc
google light/heat stress images.
lower the light, check plants every hour while light on, see first signs of stress, raise it back up, if no stress after a whole light cycle probably good, but keep checking!
obviously the stress would be near the top area of the plant.
anyways looks good and healthy!

Jayrockbby

Jayrockbby

yep go through the factors and decide.
maybe canopy temp?
fan blowing up underneath light?
... etc
google light/heat stress images.
lower the light, check plants every hour while light on, see first signs of stress, raise it back up, if no stress after a whole light cycle probably good, but keep checking!
obviously the stress would be near the top area of the plant.
anyways looks good and healthy!
That's probably what I'll do then. I have given the idea of putting a fan toward the light a good amount of thought previously. Might as well try it!

Jayrockbby

Jayrockbby

Alright, if a 1000 watt hps can be at 23 inches I feel pretty confident about a 315 cmh.
Thanks for the video man!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Alright, if a 1000 watt hps can be at 23 inches I feel pretty confident about a 315 cmh.
Thanks for the video man!
all strains react differently, so check them for signs of stress.
i’m growing gelatos.

Jayrockbby

Jayrockbby

all strains react differently, so check them for signs of stress.
i’m growing gelatos.
I was going to ask what you were growing, they look pretty stout!
This strain so far has been hardy, I can definitely say that.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I was going to ask what you were growing, they look pretty stout!
This strain so far has been hardy, I can definitely say that.
they all are pretty much, i try to keep mine low and wide, 24-30 hrs of complete darkness before the switch to 12/12 helps keep stretch down and get flowering quicker.
though this time i was trying to nurse one back to health and one grew out of control, so it’s tight in there, haha.

Jayrockbby

Jayrockbby

they all are pretty much, i try to keep mine low and wide, 24-30 hrs of complete darkness before the switch to 12/12 helps keep stretch down and get flowering quicker.
though this time i was trying to nurse one back to health and one grew out of control, so it’s tight in there, haha.
Low and wide was the goal for me, but unfortunately I didn't quite get it right this go. I can honestly say these didn't stretch nearly as much as I thought they would. However I am curious to try the 24 hours of dark before 12/12 to get some blooms quicker.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I’m at 18 day of veg. Going to definitely try the 24hrs of darkness before I flip to see if it minimizes the stretch as I’m growing sativas. That’s for the knowledge, I think I’ll give it a shot.
Burnz

Jayrockbby

Jayrockbby

I’m at 18 day of veg. Going to definitely try the 24hrs of darkness before I flip to see if it minimizes the stretch as I’m growing sativas. That’s for the knowledge, I think I’ll give it a shot.
Burnz
What strain are you growing? I'd definitely be interested to hear how it works.

Latest posts

Top Bottom