Honey instead of Molasses?

• Thread starter Cloud 99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

I must get contaminated honey as my bother is a beekeeper in mex. He gives me 5 gal pails of it. I am not much of a tea drinker so it lasts until I can give it away. And a few times I have opened a pail to see a steel blue bacteria on the surface. JK

L

LandraceQuest

that IVE never heard...
ill do a lil homework, bot off the top of the dome, i dont THINK silica or silica based plant products are anitbac/or anti microbial.
could be wrong tho. i dont use any as ammendments, but, partners do, with no ill effects.

Hey :character0103:

I made a mistake , Silica is JUST a powerfull anti-fungus , but you are right Hubcap , Silica is not a anti-bacterial or anti microbial...I stop using this sort of product (Mineral Magic or Barricade) when i begin to be more focus on the micro-life in my soil where i added molasse , mycorhyzes , trichodermas , carboload & all that shit...

Sorry for the confusion

-LQ-

B

BuddKlott

someone told me honey can be used instead of rooting powder/gel - is this true or billy bullshit? :fubar

P

pastor toastman

that was an interesting read on honey. i learn something new everyday here! anyways blackstrap molasses is hands the best thing you can give your plant. anyone on the farm use Sucanat? Sucanat stands for Sugar Cane Natural and you get it at health food stores/co-ops. that in conjunction with blackstrap molasses towards the end of the flowering cycle leads to huge amounts of frost and alittle extra weight :)

BombBP

BombBP

someone told me honey can be used instead of rooting powder/gel - is this true or billy bullshit?
Maybe. Root gel/powders contain a fungicide to keep your clones from molding. I wouldn't try it though.

G

Gymshoes

Raw/unsulphered molasses has all the trace elements and other goodies your plants need.

On another note, peeps in my neighborhood SWEAR by WHITE SUGER.
They believe that feeding sugar-water to your plants during their last couple of weeks makes the harvested weed taste sweeter. I don't believe it. It's like saying giraffs got their long necks from stretching up to reach the tree-leaves they eat.

C

Cannabishop

Okay, since I just bought a shiteload of carbolaod I now need to know what you all are talking about?????

What do you do with the molasses, brown sugar or honey??? Just a flowering booster?? Flavour enhancer?

How do you use it, what's it for and what's the recipe??

I am wicked curious!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace,
Jimmy

BombBP

BombBP

Molasses is for feeding bacteria in your soil. It will not magically make your buds sweet. It ensures a healthy microbial system in the soil so you will have healthier roots and healthier plants.

L

LandraceQuest

Hello:call

Lot of good stuff in Molasses , i tried on my last session, 2 clones of each variety , but i think that i put this product maybe too last in the flowering cycle because i saw a difference but not very big maybe a litlle bigger and one was more sweet but and at the end of this run , i maybe confused my curing's jars so...lol

When do you begin to feed plants with molasses ?

Molasses composition said:
rix, spindle 86.0 degrees
Weight/gallon 11.8-12.0 lbs
Nitrogen 1.01 % C: N approx. ~ 27
Crude Protein 6.30 %
Total Sugars 48.3 %

2001 NRC Dairy Cattle
Density (as fed) 11.8 lbs/gal T
Dry Matter 76.5 %
Moisture 23.5 %
Ash 16.0 %
Organic Matter 62.5 %
Reducing Substances, as Dextrose 11.5 %
Sucrose 35.9 %
Fructose 5.6 %
Glucose 2.6 %
pH 4.9 - 5.4
Calcium 0.8 %
Phosphorus
Potassium 4.2 %
Chloride 2.1%
Magnesium 0.27 %
Sulfur 0.78 %
Sodium 0.09 %
Copper 14 ppm
Iron 130 ppm
Manganese 5 ppm
Zinc 8 ppm
Cobalt negligible
Iodine negligible
Selenium negligible
Biotin 3 ppm
Folic Acid 0.04 ppm
Inositol 6000 ppm
Calcium Pantothenate 60 ppm
Pyridoxine 4 ppm
Riboflavin 2.5 ppm
Thiamine 1.8 ppm
Niacin 500 ppm
Choline 700 ppm

Bye

-LQ-

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

I am a big supporter of blackstrap unsulphured molassses. In Jorge Cervantes Grow Bible, it stated that it could increase yield by 20%. It is also a slight fungicide and I feel it does improve the flavor and yield. One grower told me that he just uses white sugar but I'll stick to my molasses.

Top Bottom