hotshot no pest

• Thread starter fishhunt416
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fishhunt416

Hey just wondering if any body has used the Hot shot no pest strips for Gnats and Aphids.. Also having problems trying to find a window A/C that light wont pass through....thanks

bigdrty

bigdrty

Pick up a pack of yellow sticky pads. Worked best for me so far.
Hot shot waste of money IMO. also Azmax drench or spray works great also.

S

smokestack23

depends how drastic you wanna get. OK..so you aren't all organic and against chemical pesticides (WHEN used correctly). Same here. The NPSs work great if, say you have a bad spidermite infestation that nothing else will get rid of but they might be a little extreme for fungus gnats and root aphids.

For them something as friendly and simple as putting a layer of sand on your medium (and under your container if it has holes in the bottom) can get rid of them. root aphids can be pretty pesky but if you search you'll find what works well to get rid of them. I knew what to use from reading posts but have since forgotten because I've never had the RAs. There are some chemical cures that aren't quite as "bad" as NPSs.

I HAVE had fungus gnats though and what wiped them out completely and forever was mosquito dunks. Only my Mums had the FGs and they were in coco, peat, and pearlite. My RDWC plants never got the little bastards.

I wouldnt recommend using the dunks on flowering plants (might be safe..I don't know so I won't recommend it) though. I had FGs and springtails. One day after crumbling a dunk on the medium ...NOTHING left alive.

Two weeks ago I noticed a spidermite infestation on my Mums (in the middle of winter pretty much). I opened up a NPS and again...DEATH to all bugs within 24hrs!
NPSs are serious shit though. I would NEVER put them in my flowering rooms. Just paranoid? Maybe.

Hope that helps somewhat.

R

Relaxed420

I recently walked into a garden and asked to help out, spidermites and Fungus Gnats were an issue pretty bad. Since the infestations were on the high end and only two rooms of six were flowering, I was somewhat lucky because I could used something that could knock the population down till the flower rooms were done. Flower rooms have had a combo of Azamax, Organicide, High PH'd water with h2o2 and while this has not eliminated the populations they have 'controlled' them and I was able to combine the two rooms into one which also helped. For veg, I hit them with organacide, Judo, Azamax and I have some Floromite as back up, once I used the Judo, everything in veg has been eliminated and the Azamax treatments are doing their job, I will use Floromite once every other month in my mother room and switch between Azamax and Organacide for maintainance. I still had some flyers after the mites were under control, so, I hung one of the HotShot's in each room other than the flower room (didn't have flyers anyways) within 48/72 hours of hanging the flyers were no longer noticed, although I know I have a very small population hanging in my coco (coco was an experiment and only a small % of my plants) that I am not too concerned with at the moment, if they get back to a point that I notice the population again, I have some Bayer sitting in the wings!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Pests can become resistant to NPS. I found they didn't do much at all with RAs, and as a general RoT just don't use them when/where I don't have to anymore.

I

IVIars

The spidermites I had were immune to the NPS. I think it might've helped keep the population down. Only thing it did to the RA was kill the fliers.

Top Bottom