Hott Small Spaces but Cool Large Results

• Thread starter Farm with Love
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Farm with Love

I have a cabinet that is 3ft in length and 2ft in width.
I was planning on putting a 250 HPS that is air cooled by a 4inch vortex, will this be sufficient enough to vent and keep my cabinet cool at least 75 degrees?
Keep in mind i do live in beautiful southern California:sun2: and its hott out here

G

gudkarma

there's quite a bit o' data you left out.

nevertheless, i run three closets in a detached garage. if you were to go out to my garage on a hot summer's day, you would start sweating immediately.

mad hot.

my grow cabinets, however, never get over 87 degrees.

intake & vent properly, use an air cooled hood, and put a small (personal) fan on the floor.

given what you posted, you'll be fine.

Fred Flintstoned

Fred Flintstoned

That's more than enough for that small space if it's for cooling the lights only. To cool the box you need to exchange the air 2-3 times per minute. Attach a filter and the CFM goes down considerably. The most efficient way is to cool with one fan and exhaust lamp heat (aircool) with another. May not be practical for you. If so, definitely step up to the Vortex 6in. plantlightinghydroponics.com: best prices on Vortex by far.
Fred

O

Oregonic

I have a cabinet that is 3ft in length and 2ft in width.
I was planning on putting a 250 HPS that is air cooled by a 4inch vortex, will this be sufficient enough to vent and keep my cabinet cool at least 75 degrees?
Keep in mind i do live in beautiful southern California:sun2: and its hott out here
4" HO can fan kept a 600 cool in my 3x3 tent... fwiw.

Latest posts

Top Bottom