House and Garden Base Nutes

• Thread starter grow_dat_nasty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

grow_dat_nasty

Alright this is my first post in the farm, I just recently joined after reading Jacks and Bens UC grows, both guys are awsome at what they do. I'm currently in the middle of veg right now doing my first Under Current grow, and been using House and Garden Aqua Flakes as my base. I'm really liking em so far and loved what Ben did with em, but I'm kinda getting turned off from using em when I flip into bloom because of H&G only having one A&B formula and not the usual Grow A&B and Flower A&B formulas. Can anyone explain why H&G is like this, thoughts on it, and if anyone has any comparision of yeilds with H&G and any other brands that have both grow & flower a&b base? I already went and bought some Dutch Master Gold Flower A&B to use ounce I began flower but after finishing reading Bens Grow im wondering what to do ounce again lol. And also I cant find any threads of successful UC grows using DM Gold base nutes can anyone direct me to one if there happens to be any? I'm really lookin forward to began flower, I luv the UC so far, shits really startin to blow up. Just need to get the nutes figured out and its on. Thanks everyone for taking time to read, I'll be looking forward to everyones input

H

HannaMan

And also I cant find any threads of successful UC grows using DM Gold base nutes can anyone direct me to one if there happens to be any?

Hey bro, excellent questions as for the Aqua flakes...I would like to know the same.

As for the DM Gold, success.. Take a look at DMsteppa, he ran 24kw, 96 plants, VARIETY OF STRAINS, DM A+B, and they look FLAWLESS.

I believe FreshSteppin, RollinEndough, Motherlode, and probably a couple others, all with excellent results.

Dm Gold A+B Grow&Flower + Zone sounds too badass for this system... I keep hearing "simple is better"... and shit, doesn't get much more EZ then that.

SIMPLE DIMPLE IMO. and STERILE.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I believe it is there addatives that make the difference in veg and flower for the nutes.

squarepusher

squarepusher

H&G Aqua Flakes uses a 6-3-8 feeding schedule, which can rougly be said to be used for both Flower and Veg, however I can tell its mostly a flowering nutrient. It can work for veg fairly well, but its designed, apparently as a flower noot mostly. Considering vegging is relatively short time for most people, this shouldnt' be a big deal

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Ask UCTRUTH as well, he found that the Nitrogen did not drop off enough to stop the plants from stretching and going hard into flower as they SHOULD. H&G know what they are doing but many are finding for the UC and what not that they want a specific flowering base. Make your switch to the DM Flower with your additives and rock right on.

I

I love pUC

I wonder if you could in the beginning of flower use aqua flakes A at like 3/4 of what ever B is...and add that extra 1/4 that you leave out of the A and more of the B....I believe if I'm not mistaken the A has all of the N in it?....if this makes any sense...lol

G

grow_dat_nasty

Thanks everybody for your replies, real glad I found this site, everybody or almost everybody really try to help each other. I was wondering the same as you, I love puc, has anybody tried adding more of B than A in flower or vice versa in veg? I know thier directions call for equal amounts of both A&B all through out the grow but adding different amounts seems more effective to me. I been checking some threads out of some UC DM grows, thanks Hannaman, and decided to go with the DM GOLD for my base. So heres what ill be using for my flower nutrients:

Dutch Master Gold A&B
Roots Excel
Drip Clean
Hygrowzyme
Bud Ignitor
Big Bud
Overdrive
Magical

let me know what you guys think about this line up and I still would like to hear everyones thoughts on the H&G.

C

crossouttheiis

Thanks everybody for your replies, real glad I found this site, everybody or almost everybody really try to help each other. I was wondering the same as you, I love puc, has anybody tried adding more of B than A in flower or vice versa in veg? I know thier directions call for equal amounts of both A&B all through out the grow but adding different amounts seems more effective to me. I been checking some threads out of some UC DM grows, thanks Hannaman, and decided to go with the DM GOLD for my base. So heres what ill be using for my flower nutrients:

Dutch Master Gold A&B
Roots Excel
Drip Clean
Hygrowzyme
Bud Ignitor
Big Bud
Overdrive
Magical

let me know what you guys think about this line up and I still would like to hear everyones thoughts on the H&G.

run some zone instead of the hydrozyme.... and people have suggested to pick up some hydrofungicide just in case.... and to beat it in some more.... get a chiller! in case you dont already have one

G

grow_dat_nasty

Yea I wanted to run zone but the place I shop at didnt carry it at the time I bought a couple gallons of the hygrozyme, the only DM products they carried were the gold base,then the next week they got abunch of reverse and zone in, just my luck lol. What would you say would be the advantage of the zone over the hygrozyme? And what would be a good hydrofungicide you would recomend and what is a hydrofungicide for? And got chiller thats a must for sucess in the UC

G

grow_dat_nasty

HannaMan you didnt list magical, do I not need it, I read the DM Gold had "no cal-mag defiencies ever" but the guys at the place I shop said still put it. Andwhy the "if you insist" on the BI? Is this not good in the UC or is there nobenifits to this product? Should I not run any bloom boosters first 2 wks, start Big Bud early, or replace? Bud Blood?

H

HannaMan

Hey guy. Magical sounds find if you have a cal-mag hungry strain. I'm using bontanicare CAL-MAG @ 1ml a gallon with a SUPER cal-mag hungry strain and they're looking great.

I've just been under the impression simple base nutes + 1 or 2 flower additives and you're golden...no need to get fancy, the plants know what they need/want to do and they'll do it!

Typically I am big on using something like Bug Ignitor, in the form of BudBlood or OpenSesame, etc.. but for the UC I feel as if they will transition rather quickly without.

Just my .02 of course!! I'm sure there is more ways then one to hit a grandslam in these UC's.

G

GroovyHydro

Yea I wanted to run zone but the place I shop at didnt carry it at the time I bought a couple gallons of the hygrozyme, the only DM products they carried were the gold base,then the next week they got abunch of reverse and zone in, just my luck lol. What would you say would be the advantage of the zone over the hygrozyme? And what would be a good hydrofungicide you would recomend and what is a hydrofungicide for? And got chiller thats a must for sucess in the UC

Hey there - Hydro-Fungicide is actually a brand name of an Australian product that has been used there successfully for 11 years. On this side of the equator, there are two suppliers, hydroponics.com in Canada, and in the United States groovyhydro.com (me). Canada calls it Hydro-Sparkle, here in the USA we call it Down Under-HF.

The active ingredient in Zone is chloramine, which is a softened down derivative of Chlorine aka bleach (Chlorox). If you smell it, it smells like a nice fresh swimming pool. Not to knock Zone, it does a good job on Pythium (Root Rot). Farmers have, however, reported cases of the slime (brown algae) while running DM Zone.

When you read the instructions on a bottle of Zone, you will not see them claiming it kills anything. That is because in the US and Canada, something is a pesticide when the label says it kills something. So quite literally, if you take a bottle of water and put a label on it that says it kills mildew, the EPA considers it a pesticide and therefore it needs to be registered.

Registration takes 2 years, during which time you cannot sell the product. Registration also takes a minimum of $120,000, and can go as high as $500,000 or more for newly formulated chemical compounds.

G

grow_dat_nasty

Thanks for the replies. Hannaman does the Botanicare Cal-Mag raise your ppms alot? How much does the directions suggest to use per gallon. The Magical raises my ppm a good amount, one of the reasons I dont like using, the bottle reads 5-10ml per gallon and I use 2 or 2.5ml per gallon when I do use. And thanks on the reply on the hydrofungicide, can this product be used with the roots excel and what about the zone is this also safe to use with the roots excel with it being like clorox and all?

H

HannaMan

Thanks for the replies. Hannaman does the Botanicare Cal-Mag raise your ppms alot? How much does the directions suggest to use per gallon. The Magical raises my ppm a good amount, one of the reasons I dont like using, the bottle reads 5-10ml per gallon and I use 2 or 2.5ml per gallon when I do use. And thanks on the reply on the hydrofungicide, can this product be used with the roots excel and what about the zone is this also safe to use with the roots excel with it being like clorox and all?

Hey. Yes it does raise the PPM's quite dramatically. Typically I'l add about 200ppm of cal-mag then add my food. about 2ML per gallon rather then the suggest 8-10ml :confused0054:

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
Roots Excel will work great with both a living or sterile rez.

Drip clean it a great product H&G makes too. :)

B

Baddog

I Was using AN But have to many problems with ph stability so im switching to DM Base Nutes

Veg
DM Gold A & B Grow
Roots excel
Zone
Cal Mag+

Flower 1st 2 weeks
DM Gold A & B Grow
Roots excel
Zone
Cal Mag+

Flower weeks 3 to 6
DM Gold A & B Flower