House Bill 593 The Repeal of New Mexico Medical Marijuana Laws

• Thread starter MediMary
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
feildofdreams

feildofdreams

Representative James E. Smith (R-Bernalillo, Sandoval, Santa Fe) introduced House Bill 593 last night - The Repeal of New Mexico Medical Marijuana Laws.

http://www.nmlegis.gov/Sessions/11 Regular/bills/house/HB0593.html

FTW, whats with all these damn republicans f*$# shit up for everyone.

Boy: Woof! You sure gotta climb a lot of steps to get to this Capitol Building here in Washington. But I wonder who that sad little scrap of paper is?

I'm just a bill.
Yes, I'm only a bill.
And I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill.
Well, it's a long, long journey
To the capital city.
It's a long, long wait
While I'm sitting in committee,
But I know I'll be a law someday
At least I hope and pray that I will,
But today I am still just a bill.

Boy: Gee, Bill, you certainly have a lot of patience and courage.

Bill: Well I got this far. When I started, I wasn't even a bill, I was just an idea. Some folks back home decided they wanted a law passed, so they called their local Congressman and he said, "You're right, there oughta be a law." Then he sat down and wrote me out and introduced me to Congress. And I became a bill, and I'll remain a bill until they decide to make me a law.

I'm just a bill
Yes I'm only a bill,
And I got as far as Capitol Hill.
Well, now I'm stuck in committee
And I'll sit here and wait
While a few key Congressmen discuss and debate
Whether they should let me be a law.
How I hope and pray that they will,

Boy: Listen to those congressmen arguing! Is all that discussion and debate about you?

Bill: Yeah, I'm one of the lucky ones. Most bills never even get this far. I hope they decide to report on me favourably, otherwise I may die.

Boy: Die?

Bill: Yeah, die in committee. Oooh, but it looks like I'm gonna live! Now I go to the House of Representatives, and they vote on me.

Boy: If they vote yes, what happens?

Bill: Then I go to the Senate and the whole thing starts all over again.

Boy: Oh no!

Bill: Oh yes!

I'm just a bill
Yes, I'm only a bill
And if they vote for me on Capitol Hill
Well, then I'm off to the White House
Where I'll wait in a line
With a lot of other bills
For the president to sign
And if he signs me, then I'll be a law.
How I hope and pray that he will,

Boy: You mean even if the whole Congress says you should be a law, the president can still say no?

Bill: Yes, that's called a veto. If the President vetoes me, I have to go back to Congress and they vote on me again, and by that time you're so old...

Boy: By that time it's very unlikely that you'll become a law. It's not easy to become a law, is it?

Bill: No!

But how I hope and I pray that I will,

My ending
Congressman: He signed you? Bill! No not enough support
Bill: Damnn maybee next time!

May not completely apply, but it sure brought back some memories of that little scrap of paper in that cartoon/.. between cartoons? lol

M

MediMary

schoolhouse rock:)
Boy: Woof! You sure gotta climb a lot of steps to get to this Capitol Building here in Washington. But I wonder who that sad little scrap of paper is?

I'm just a bill.
Yes, I'm only a bill.
And I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill.
Well, it's a long, long journey
To the capital city.
It's a long, long wait
While I'm sitting in committee,
But I know I'll be a law someday
At least I hope and pray that I will,

Boy: Gee, Bill, you certainly have a lot of patience and courage.

Bill: Well I got this far. When I started, I wasn't even a bill, I was just an idea. Some folks back home decided they wanted a law passed, so they called their local Congressman and he said, "You're right, there oughta be a law." Then he sat down and wrote me out and introduced me to Congress. And I became a bill, and I'll remain a bill until they decide to make me a law.

I'm just a bill
Yes I'm only a bill,
And I got as far as Capitol Hill.
Well, now I'm stuck in committee
And I'll sit here and wait
While a few key Congressmen discuss and debate
Whether they should let me be a law.
How I hope and pray that they will,

Boy: Listen to those congressmen arguing! Is all that discussion and debate about you?

Bill: Yeah, I'm one of the lucky ones. Most bills never even get this far. I hope they decide to report on me favourably, otherwise I may die.

Boy: Die?

Bill: Yeah, die in committee. Oooh, but it looks like I'm gonna live! Now I go to the House of Representatives, and they vote on me.

Boy: If they vote yes, what happens?

Bill: Then I go to the Senate and the whole thing starts all over again.

Boy: Oh no!

Bill: Oh yes!

I'm just a bill
Yes, I'm only a bill
And if they vote for me on Capitol Hill
Well, then I'm off to the White House
Where I'll wait in a line
With a lot of other bills
For the president to sign
And if he signs me, then I'll be a law.
How I hope and pray that he will,

Boy: You mean even if the whole Congress says you should be a law, the president can still say no?

Bill: Yes, that's called a veto. If the President vetoes me, I have to go back to Congress and they vote on me again, and by that time you're so old...

Boy: By that time it's very unlikely that you'll become a law. It's not easy to become a law, is it?

Bill: No!

But how I hope and I pray that I will,

My ending
Congressman: He signed you? Bill! No not enough support
Bill: Damnn maybee next time!

May not completely apply, but it sure brought back some memories of that little scrap of paper in that cartoon/.. between cartoons? lol

M

Mtn-Burn

We (the Medical card holders of NM) should stand up and call our local senator and/or congressman and POLITELY tell them how much the MCP and its affiliated laws mean to us. Explain how much medical marijuana can help someone in need and just try to connect to them.
If we show them we are not total burnouts and can STILL function, then maybe we will begin to be seen with more respect... After all, the house bill to repeal our law was only an idea once, and if you've seen inception, you know that an idea is a powerful thing so we should turn it all around. :P
:character0029:

F

Fineus

progress in the wrong direction for NM. Very dissappointing :(

M

MediMary

Found this on another site!

Julie Roberts former DPA head of NM sent this to me.
*********We must stop this bill in this committee.************

Julie RobertsFebruary 19, 2011 at 7:04pm
Re: NM House Bill 593
So the committee referrals are 1) House Consumer and Public Affairs and 2) House Judiciary Committee.

The first committee could hear it as early as next week, possibly on Thursday. If you go to the NM Legislative website (http://www.facebook.com/l/b58d9gmpow...ww.nmlegis.gov) on the right hand side there is a link for "Today's Agendas" - then click on "House Committee Schedule" - you need to check this everyday to monitor "House Consumer and Public Affairs Committee for them to schedule the bill.

In the meantime, encourage people to contact the committee and ask members TO VOTE NO and NOT to repeal the medical marijuana law in New Mexico. Emphasize that this is a bill that is helping patients and is often the only source of relief. Be brief. Be quick. The message is VOTE NO, this program is vital to NM.

The Committee members can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/l/b58d90F93-...tteeCode=HCPAC

Chairman Gail Chasey supported the original bill. Rep Maestas is a definite yes, he sponsored the bill on the House floor. Rep. O'Neill was NOT in office when the legislation passed...I don't know where he stands. He's been supportive of our other DPA bills. You should focus your effort on him. Be encouraging, let him know this is a SAFE decision for him. Don't use threatening words, or come off as adversarial. Let him know that we support him and encourage him to join us in doing the right thing. He is a rep in Bernalillio, so any of his constituents that you can find to call him the better.

Rep. Kintigh is an absolute no - he hated all of DPA bills and used to work for the DEA. Rep. Anderson voted hasn't the original bill so I'm assuming he is also a no.

We must stop this bill in this committee.

I hope this helps.

Best,
Jules

Here is the contact info, please everyone, help with this. Medical marijuana is very serious for a lot of people in New Mexico.

Gail Chasey: [email protected] (505) 246-2221

Antonio Maestas: [email protected] (505) 242-2279

Bill B. O'Neill: [email protected] (505) 450-9263

Thomas Anderson: [email protected] (505) 986-4451

Dennis J. Kintigh: [email protected] (505) 986-4453

feildofdreams

feildofdreams

feildofdreams

feildofdreams

Sorry this is off topic .
I'm an idiot, Can anyone answer this Question?

"In my understanding from the application for production one must obtain a "non-profit ID # from the FED GOV? The FED's don't hand out non-profit ID #'s for production of marijuana or marijuana production/distribution facilities of any kind? How are producers operating in NM if this is true? Also how doe's one obtain a non-profit# from the Feds if this is not allowed on that level?
I am sure there is a way, I mean unless every producer in NM is operating on a fronted non-profit # ,Witch, I highly doubt.
Help me bro's,.. I am confused.
Please understand I am not trying to be an @ssh)le, Just confused. Need production In the N/W.

sky high

sky high

I'm an ediot too....

IMO......Yer a reseller of goods...it's a nursery that sells TREES...it's an ag biz.....

just don''t say "I"m A GROWINDADOPE" or grab a company name like "Kind Bud Sellers" or "Schedule 1 Drugs R' Us"

with the "licensing" scheme we have here now...there must be 3-4 thousand or more of these Tax ID#'s in CO alone....

good luck

s h

feildofdreams

feildofdreams

I'm an ediot too....

IMO......Yer a reseller of goods...it's a nursery that sells TREES...it's an ag biz.....

just don''t say "I"m A GROWINDADOPE" or grab a company name like "Kind Bud Sellers" or "Schedule 1 Drugs R' Us"

with the "licensing" scheme we have here now...there must be 3-4 thousand or more of these Tax ID#'s in CO alone....

good luck

s h

Right on Sky, :yes Received a few emails in response as well and understand much! better now. Apologize for asking this as a public thing?
Couldn't get any responses via private network or people, understandably didn't know.
Thanks again brother,

Top Bottom